16,000 where were you? (1 Viewer)

stay_up_skyblues

So those that couldn't afford to go to the game could afford the other things that you mentioned?

Not at all, I will miss a fair few games this season as I can't afford it, in particular away games what with the travel costs. But 16,000 people did not turn up because they didn't have £20 spare. Fact. I don't mind people staying away, it will be the same 10-12k that watch us go up this season as it was the same 10-12k that watched us go down under Thorn. But spare us the pathetic whining about ticket prices etc. Just stay away and be quiet. We will see you all in May.

CCFC_Charlie

As many pages on this as there are posts on the Player Ratings thread... Anyone else fancy talking about a good City performance or does that not matter?

Astute

Not at all, I will miss a fair few games this season as I can't afford it, in particular away games what with the travel costs. But 16,000 people did not turn up because they didn't have £20 spare. Fact. I don't mind people staying away, it will be the same 10-12k that watch us go up this season as it was the same 10-12k that watched us go down under Thorn. But spare us the pathetic whining about ticket prices etc. Just stay away and be quiet. We will see you all in May.

Good to see that you contradicted yourself. Ticket prices have nothing to do with lower gates but you will miss a fair few games because you can't afford to go to all of them :laugh:

Stay away? Missed the last two games. Was at work for both of them. Will miss the Scunny game as at work. Will make the game after as not at work. You also said about travel costs. I have over 200 miles each way for a home game. Yet you have a go at me for not turning up. I travel thousands of miles each year to watch our football club. But as my opinion is different to yours you see mine as wrong. Stay away? Why not try to consider that everyone has different circumstances. I would have loved to have been there today. Would have loved to have been there last week. But no. Not as good as you because you were there although by the sound of it I will be at games that you are not. Will that make me a better supporter than you then? Not to me. I understand what circumstances are about though.

Astute

As many pages on this as there are posts on the Player Ratings thread... Anyone else fancy talking about a good City performance or does that not matter?

Sorry I seem to be a bandwagoner as I wasn't at the game. Can't rate a game I didn't see.

Grendel

I thought it was a solid performance.

The stand out thing to me is defensive stability.

The keeper has hardly been worked at all. Every raves about Haynes but Willis looks a far better prospect at the moment. Webster is a different player from last season and the back 3 look good.

Fleck was going nowhere but Pressley clearly has made him a fitter more dominant player than he world ever be under thorn or even Robbins.

Nouble offers strength and power and Jackson I hope will be a shrewd buy when fit.

ajsccfc

Fleck's workrate is the main difference I notice in him, he seems to be relishing the responsibility of being the fulcrum of the team.

RFC

Those who missed it forwhatever reasons don't know what they've missed!

Great start to what could be a very interesting campaign, I would have settled for just one League defeat at this stage before we kicked a ball.

A positive start and something to build-on, just for a change.

Early days but 5th and improving game on game PUSB!

stay_up_skyblues

Good to see that you contradicted yourself. Ticket prices have nothing to do with lower gates but you will miss a fair few games because you can't afford to go to all of them :laugh:

Stay away? Missed the last two games. Was at work for both of them. Will miss the Scunny game as at work. Will make the game after as not at work. You also said about travel costs. I have over 200 miles each way for a home game. Yet you have a go at me for not turning up. I travel thousands of miles each year to watch our football club. But as my opinion is different to yours you see mine as wrong. Stay away? Why not try to consider that everyone has different circumstances. I would have loved to have been there today. Would have loved to have been there last week. But no. Not as good as you because you were there although by the sound of it I will be at games that you are not. Will that make me a better supporter than you then? Not to me. I understand what circumstances are about though.

You take in many a game it sounds like, as such we are part of the 12k then. My issue is not with the guys who make the games they can, my issue is with the ones who turn up for the £10 game and the Prem teams in the cup but then have the loudest opinion.

stay_up_skyblues

Further, at no point did I say ticket prices had nothing to do with the attendance, I said I find it hard to accept that 16,000 didn't turn up because of ticket prices. Just to clear that up.

Astute

You take in many a game it sounds like, as such we are part of the 12k then. My issue is not with the guys who make the games they can, my issue is with the ones who turn up for the £10 game and the Prem teams in the cup but then have the loudest opinion.

I don't get to as many as I would like. I work shifts. This includes weekends. And this is the problem. I would have gone last week but after one day it looked like I would struggle to get a ticket. I would have needed two shifts off. All I am saying is that we all have reasons. Money, work and other commitments. It will not be the same 11 to 12k each week. But yes there will be many that won't go again. But we shouldn't all be tarred with the same same brush.

The one thing I can't believe is that we should be celebrating today's win. We are undefeated in the league since the defeat in injury time in the first game of the season. We are now in the top six.......when did that last happen? Our team seems to be coming together already. But the most important thing for some seems to be having a go about those that went last week but not this week. What about those that couldn't get a ticket last week that needed time off work to go? We should be the ones moaning, not the ones that did get to go.

smileycov

Facebook User
Blackpool had just over 12k today, not long out the prem, championship football and a big away following from wolves. we are div 1 and have been through an awful lot with sisu of late. it will take time but to win support back, but I can not agree with the hysterical voices on here banging on about low attendance. give it a month then maybe judge it.

hutch1972

So those that couldn't afford to go to the game could afford the other things that you mentioned?
Most of the comments about non attendees are PROBABLY from either well paid people on 30k or spotty oinks who dont actually pay for their own ticket yet.
It cost me the best part of £50 for me and my 2 sons today and that was just tickets and travel , people cannot afford to follow football 100% anymore.
This city is full of shit paid agency/contract work so its little surprise that only 11k were there today.
As for assuming that everyone who never went will spend it on dominos pizzas or a trip to F and B is further evidence of a very pompous attitude by a section of super fans we have found over the last year.

Skyblueweeman

Whilst I wasn't attending, I was convincing the missus on Sky Blue for the wedding next year.

Seemed to work. Result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

Further, at no point did I say ticket prices had nothing to do with the attendance, I said I find it hard to accept that 16,000 didn't turn up because of ticket prices. Just to clear that up.

I never said it was the only reason. Was one of the reasons though. And I have mentioned them several times but it seems that they keep getting ignored.

Sky Blue Harry H

Missed the Gillingham game (couldn't get a ticket - so watched it in the pub). Went today and travelled over on a train from Leamington, bumping into an old mate who was doing the same thing. Enjoyed the game - can't actually believe that they could have got another 21k in there (so not convinced that only 11k in the ground - anybody else think that there seemed more?). Good atmosphere - thought City support was really good and great reaction to their equaliser. The more I see of O'Brien, the more I like and once the front two get fit - game on !!

stay_up_skyblues

I never said it was the only reason. Was one of the reasons though. And I have mentioned them several times but it seems that they keep getting ignored.

I take your points on board, I just reject they allow for thousands worth of people. 3-5 maybe. 16k ....no.

Grendel

To be honest I do not really care if its 11,000 or 27,000. The fact is you live 200 miles away and frankly if I was that far away I doubt I would ever go.

I think you have to understand some of the frustration though. Today was like you wound time back 15 months. I was with exactly the same people who were there then.

I did expect at least 10 to 20% extra fans after Friday. You would hope it would have attracted some back again who wouldn't normally go. There are some posters on here who were very vitriolic and opinionated about last seasons attendees ( not you ) and I can guarantee they did not attend today.

Whatever the reasons are - the simple fact is we cannot compete in this stadium long term with crowds like this - and this was a nice Saturday in September not a cold night in February . It is worrying.

Astute

Most of the comments about non attendees are PROBABLY from either well paid people on 30k or spotty oinks who dont actually pay for their own ticket yet.
It cost me the best part of £50 for me and my 2 sons today and that was just tickets and travel , people cannot afford to follow football 100% anymore.
This city is full of shit paid agency/contract work so its little surprise that only 11k were there today.
As for assuming that everyone who never went will spend it on dominos pizzas or a trip to F and B is further evidence of a very pompous attitude by a section of super fans we have found over the last year.

I am lucky. Both the wife and myself are in decent employment. Otherwise I would only do one or two games a season. Each game normally costs me £200 or more. A couple of days ago I mentioned that I was mortgage and debt free as I only buy what I can afford and this is the only reason why I can afford to go. Suddenly I was said to be bragging. Some people just want to have a go. How many people turned up last week as it was a special game and was also cheap and it is all that they can afford? Or they can only afford a few games a year? But they are put as part of the band wagoners that should be able to turn up each week.

It is as though some people think it will be the same 10k to 12k that turn up each week. This is not so. I suppose it goes with their point though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He seemed to have bought some pace and stamina from somewhere also

Yea he looked really sharp today, not just the quality but picking up second balls and his reactions seemed really sharp. He was two steps ahead of anyone else on the pitch at times today

Astute

To be honest I do not really care if its 11,000 or 27,000. The fact is you live 200 miles away and frankly if I was that far away I doubt I would ever go.

I think you have to understand some of the frustration though. Today was like you wound time back 15 months. I was with exactly the same people who were there then.

I did expect at least 10 to 20% extra fans after Friday. You would hope it would have attracted some back again who wouldn't normally go. There are some posters on here who were very vitriolic and opinionated about last seasons attendees ( not you ) and I can guarantee they did not attend today.

Whatever the reasons are - the simple fact is we cannot compete in this stadium long term with crowds like this - and this was a nice Saturday in September not a cold night in February . It is worrying.

I have met a couple of people up this way....maybe not as far......that are STH's. All of us do what we can.

I understand the frustrations. I expected many more than turned up today. But like I said previously it wasn't bad from what we have put up with for the last 20 years or more. I also said earlier that if we win our next two games...........both very winnable....and we are already in the top 6.........our attendances should be much higher. If not I will be speechless.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The fan base potential is there, it's up to the club to get them coming through the gate.

People aren't going to queue up for 1-2 hours and do all the running around and chasing for tickets in a regular L1 fixture.

swisstony

It looked more than 11,000 from my position in the Tesco stand.
I can only think that the cash sales were missed off.
The crux seems to be in the price of the kids tickets.
I purchased from a cash desk at the club shop for quickness, it was £11 per kid !!!
If nothing else last week proved people will come if the price is right.

Del Boy 82

I had hoped to see at least 15-16k their today but with ticket issues an only 8k roughly sold by end of yesterday was too much to expect another 8k to walk up an pay on the gate. Went to get my season ticket yesterday an was turned away by the bloke at the door, ignored his advice an was happy to cue to do a 5 minute transaction. Club needs to be better with it's punters, even if it is all rushed an last minute. They set their return date, not the fans, the customers. They was prepared to turn away £400, £260 towards pressley's budget from just me alone. Prices maybe does need addressing, I was just fortunate to be in a postion this year to get a season ticket for me an my son an not go when cash is good. PUSB.

NorthernWisdom

I did expect at least 10 to 20% extra fans after Friday. You would hope it would have attracted some back again who wouldn't normally go.

That's the thing, Gillingham saw a great atmosphere... an a win at that. Having been, you'd have expected more to thionk 'I'll have a bit more of that' than actually did.

I know it's only one game, but if this is the result after a £10 promotion, then much of what I've been banging on abouyt catching new fans with cheap deals all seems a bit redundant!

Grendel

The fan base potential is there, it's up to the club to get them coming through the gate.

People aren't going to queue up for 1-2 hours and do all the running around and chasing for tickets in a regular L1 fixture.

The only ones who queued up were season ticket holders and they actually will put up with it.

I know two cash buyers who went today and got there at 15 minutes before kick off and got in before kick off.

The excuses will be gone by Preston and the team hopefully will be firmly in the top 6. Also a team with a reasonable away following and presence . No excuses then.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The only ones who queued up were season ticket holders and they actually will put up with it.

I know two cash buyers who went today and got there at 15 minutes before kick off and got in before kick off.

The excuses will be gone by Preston and the team hopefully will be firmly in the top 6. Also a team with a reasonable away following and presence . No excuses then.

I know someone who bought tickets online before hand and missed the first 10 minutes of the match because he was queuing to collect.

Agreed hopefully the two week break will give the club a chance to sort out the problems. Getting the basics right is only the beginning though.

hutch1972

I to was expecting a few more today but i can understand reasons why there wasnt.
I am willing to stand for hours waiting for tickets because i make the choice to do it out of habit and blind loyalty ,not pressure from others. The fans there today were mostly hardcore supporters ,the very same ones who were there 18 months ago so at least we still have them. The trick is now to entice a few from last week to return and you wont do that by having ticket queues miles long and prices which do not reflect the lack of disposable income to the vast majority of this area.
I disagree though that we cannot compete with these crowds, in this league we can, you only have to look at Yoevil,Brentford,Doncaster all have been promoted recently. (and relegated) To compete higher with the same numbers is a different matter.

Covstu

Disappointed with the turnout, I had a ticket going and couldn't give it away!! I think we can all bitch about what people should or shouldn't do but at the end of the day it was 3 points and that's all that matters. Hopefully if we are in a strong position come Christmas people will come back.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Yes very disappointing crowd. A lot of factors involved but still disappointing.

I did not go either but will be at Rochdale and Preston home game.

Three points gained though today so that's something.

shmmeee

It'll take time and effort to build. The fact that we had 9000 home fans in the fixture at this point in our first season down, we had 11k for the Yeovil game later in the season. You'd expect to lose fans not only from being in this league longer but also because of the move. 11k is a decent starting point and slightly above the average we had in our last season at the Ricoh. We could be starting from a lot worse considering.

What we need to do now is not gnash our teeth at our fellow fans, but encourage them to go and show understanding, not scare them away. The club needs to sort out pricing and availability as well as the overall matchday experience. I worry however that they're just trying to do it all on the cheap.

There's no reason we couldn't be seeing 15-20k at the Ricoh by the end of the season, but it's not going to happen with shoddy customer service and a fanbase that are actively hostile to lapsed/new fans.

hill83

I have my reasons. Was at work. So being 4 hours away with clear roads didn't come in to it. At work for Scunny game. Sorry but work for a living. But will make the Rochdale game. Can I buy you a beer at that game?

I'm not talking about reason why you didn't go. I couldn't give a fuck.
I'm talking about your several reasons excusing the low crowd.

We can get a round each

Users who are viewing this thread