15 games left - 45 points up for grabs! (1 Viewer)

RichieGunns

As the title suggests, we only have 45 points left for us this season.

15 games to make an impact?

Now based on our current form, I would hazard a guess we could win at least 10 of those games, maybe draw 3 with two loses. But even I'd think that was optermistic! This would give us 33 points and leave us with a total of 80 points for the whole season.

So a more realistic appraisal of our last 15 would maybe be that we'll win 8 games, draw 4 and lose 3. This would give us 28 points leaving us with 78 points for the whole season.

Still too optermistic? Your thoughts everyone?

darkhorse

We really need the other sides in the top eleven (from Tranmere down to Crawley) to start losing ! Fine arithmetic is not very helpful at this stage with so many teams in the mix: we can do that later when there are four/five games to go. For now I'd work on the basis that we can afford to lose one only of the remaining fifteen. Lose two and we'll probably miss out on a play-off place.(Of course, too many draws would be no good either.) I think we can do it, but only with the help of others, like Sheff Utd, self-destructing.

skybluelee

We really need the other sides in the top eleven (from Tranmere down to Crawley) to start losing ! Fine arithmetic is not very helpful at this stage with so many teams in the mix: we can do that later when there are four/five games to go. For now I'd work on the basis that we can afford to lose one only of the remaining fifteen. Lose two and we'll probably miss out on a play-off place.(Of course, too many draws would be no good either.) I think we can do it, but only with the help of others, like Sheff Utd, self-destructing.

That is the biggest load of bollox i have read this week.

76 points will probably be enough, thats 29 more from 15 games - 9 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats.

Talk of only being able to lose one more game is ridiculous.

steveo1987

Three fixtures today will see six teams around us play each other and take points from each other.We have to play five sides around the bottom in the next six weeks as well as three games that will probably have the biggest Influence on our run and two of them are at home,Yeovil and Swindon,Bournemouth is away.Win the home games is a must and try to keep doing what we are doing away and we have a great chance.

Astute

I keep hearing that we need a certain amount of points. This is crap.

We are in 7th. We are 3 points off 3rd. The bottom teams are beating the top teams. The top half of the table is very close. It is normally the top 6 to 8 teams that pull away. This season is different so far. The top 15 clubs only have 16 points between them. Any of these clubs are within touching distance of the playoffs. There are only 10 points between 3rd and 15th. Yet some say we will have to win nearly all of our remaining games.

steveo1987

I keep hearing that we need a certain amount of points. This is crap.

We are in 7th. We are 3 points off 3rd. The bottom teams are beating the top teams. The top half of the table is very close. It is normally the top 6 to 8 teams that pull away. This season is different so far. The top 15 clubs only have 16 points between them. Any of these clubs are within touching distance of the playoffs. There are only 10 points between 3rd and 15th. Yet some say we will have to win nearly all of our remaining games.

Just need to keep doing what we are doing,simple as that

Otis

That is the biggest load of bollox i have read this week.

76 points will probably be enough, thats 29 more from 15 games - 9 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats.

Talk of only being able to lose one more game is ridiculous.

Agree with this.

We need 9 wins. 9 wins would give us 74 points. Would mean we might just need a couple of draws to add to that to make certain.

I would have thought that even just 9 wins in isolation could well be enough though.

We therefore need 9 wins out of this lot;

Yeovil H
Bury A
Crewe H
Bournemouth A
Swindon H
Scunthorpe A
Colchester H
Hartlepool H
Portsmouth A
Doncaster H
Walsall A
Brentford H
Crawley A
L Orient H
Notts County A

You have to believe there are 9 wins to be had out of that lot don't you?

Last edited:

Sky Blues

If we can average 2 points per game between now and the end of the season there's a good chance we'll make the play-offs. The players just need to focus on keeping on as they have been since Robins took over (and to continue to try to improve where they can) and not concern themselves too much about anyone other than the next opponent.

Covstu

agreed Otis, looking at these games the really difficult games at Bournemouth, Notts co and maybe Crawley away the rest should be winnable. After lasts nights result it has proved we can go to these clubs and beat them.

The only anchor we have at the moment is that we have played a lot more games than anyone around us, so although the league looks rosey now it will not look as good after today and when they play their games in hand.

Basically to calculate this is fruitless, we need to keep our own momentum up, you can see by the fixture list that we have to play a lot of teams around us so we have the opportunity to take points off them.

Sky Blue Jack

If we keep winning I think teams around will start dropping points- we just have to make sure we don't give away stupid points home or away and go into the big games eg Bournemouth, Notts County etc with belief we can win

Covstu

Home form is the concern, we have dropped silly points even recently. We need to fans back to get the team through the last push, this could make the difference.

Stafford_SkBlue

What is important, recently we have been winning the key games against the other promotion / playoff hopefuls, Sheff U, Tranmere, MK, Stevenage, Doncaster. These are effectively 6 pts. Better to beat MK and lose to Shrews then vice versa!!

Last 15 league games have produced 29 pts - all we need to do is carry on.

BurbageSkyBlues

It's ours to gain and theirs to lose.

Just like the long distance Kenyan runners, sit in the chasing pack, and surge forward two laps from the end .....

The other clubs will be more nervous about losing what they have, than we will be about not catching them. For us, we take it one game at a time, focus on that and nothing else.

Surely, this is where the benefit of Robins , as a manager , is really shining through? He has experience of the winning mentality at a big club, as a player, and is now using it to good effect as our manager.

Just read the report on the Sheffield fans site, makes interesting reading and provokes a lot of thought and appreciation of where we were, and how MR has got us organised, motivated and, above all , focussed

Steve.B50

I hope we need a point v Notts Country to make a play off place, be great taking over another ground again.

City TSAR

We also have momentum esp with JPT which will aid us. Other teams with games in hand also face playing extra fixtures during the week with squads much smaller than ours. Be in control City of your own destiny

johnwillomagic

I think 75 points hould be enough for play offs so we need to average 2 points a match from now to end of season. I asked someone Robins record a few weeks back and think it was 1.88 points per game so we are on course.

We just have to keep it up for rest of season, thr run has been going for at least 15 ganes under Robins so it is just more of the same really can afford odd slip up but not too many but definitely on! pusb

torchomatic

We ain't going to win them all, so we just need to avoid defeat at all costs away from home and try to get three points every time we play at the Ricoh.

We can do it, I reckon.

Mucca Mad Boys

We've got a good mix of games left, we have a good mixture of: teams we can take points off, so we can move leapfrog/close the Gapon them, bottom teams we should beat, Bury, Pompey, Hartlepool etc. and the teams around us with games in hand, e.g. Bournemouth, Yeovil, Crawley etc.

We'll see ow it pans out, hopefully we can get 1-2 loanees, I think that Henshall would be decent, as Sheff had another bad game yesterday.

torchomatic

Today I'm hoping for wins for: Bury, Scunthorpe, Hartlepool, Oldham. Draws for the others around us.

Johnnythespider

" just keep winning Just keep winning " Dory in finding nemo ;) Poetic license !!!

Seamus1

We still have 4 of the current top 6 to play in these remaining games. 3 of those 4 are to be played at the Ricoh (Bournemouth is obviously away). Meanwhile Yeovil, who are currently just below us, also have to visit.

We must turn out in numbers for these games, and ideally all the remaining home games, and really really get behind the lads. This is the stage of the season where that '12th man' really does count. 18k+ crowds for these remaining fixtures would be fantastic.

darkhorse

Lost two out of three. 8 points adrift: a real struggle from here. Would love to see a miracle run combined with top teams self-destructing.

Users who are viewing this thread