12th (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

12th place finish,considering where we were early season get we could finish top 10 at least,we all take 12th before the season starts though

stupot07

1-1. Top half finish.

Shipley crying, definitely his farewell.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Frostie

A very good season City. A very strong case that position does not reflect the ability and flow of games. We are not the 12th best team but hey ho that's where we finished.
Well done Sky Blues!!

Despite the old cliché, the league table does lie.
The signs of progress are clear for all to see but then, so too are the areas we need to improve.

fatso

A good improvement over last season, but on the whole I'm disappointed with the way we fell away after a great first half of the season.
Delighted that MR has signed a contract extension, and IF we recruit well I'm hopeful of a genuine play off push next season. I think we will see quite a turn over of players, so a lot of work will need to be done to get us ready for the new season, but overall I'm very optimistic.

SkyblueTexan

9 points better off than last season and not enough for the playoff mark of 75 points (which I predicted earlier were needed for a playoff place). Considering how we started the season, 12th place is a bit disappointing, but at least there was never a threat of relegation and a lack of squad additions in the Jan window compounding the effects of a lack of squad depth coupled with injuries (i.e. Godden), lack of production from signings like Waghorn ultimately did us in. Hope we can keep our assets and add to it and continue to trim off players who are surplus to requirements (as seen with Shipley who I believe has played his last game for us).

usskyblue

12th place finish,considering where we were early season get we could finish top 10 at least,we all take 12th before the season starts though

star-trek.gif

Paul Anthony

If you'd have said before the season we'd end up 12th, most would have taken it. Can't help feel its a case of what might have been though. Today's game really sums the season up on the whole. We've been our own worst enemy at times.

That said, I think there's a lot to be pleased about from the season. Decent progression from last season, hopefully we can keep that up going into next.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m very happy with this season overall. There’s definitely room for improvement and with a few good quality signings, we could really compete next season.

For context, virtually our entire squad was playing in League 1 two seasons ago. We were never really good enough to challenge for the playoffs.

That said, Millwall had a chance on the final day and they looked terrible against us despite winning.

The Philosopher

Had to watch the Luton game today whilst listening to the Cov match through EarPods. Felt a little bit wrong, but the other half is a mad Luton fan.

My point:

They went up a year before us and had a tough first year before finishing 11/12 last year. Similar story and budget in many ways.

Hopefully, next year, WE make the playoffs.

If we keep the spine of our side together, I’m pretty sure we will.

Mark this post.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m very happy with this season overall. There’s definitely room for improvement and with a few good quality signings, we could really compete next season.

For context, virtually our entire squad was playing in League 1 two seasons ago. We were never really good enough to challenge for the playoffs.

That said, Millwall had a chance on the final day and they looked terrible against us despite winning.

I didn’t come away from any home game that impressed by the opposition I have to say. The problem was simply one of quality in depth and on a bottom 6 budget we have too much money tied up in players not at the standard.

Huddersfield in particular stand out for me as ‘how the fuck are they there’. Shit in one game and bang average in the other.

JPG77

12th is a very respectable finish, yes we started the season exceptionally well and tailed off, but the football we played was amongst the best in the division without doubt. Had we managed to improve our finishing who knows what we could have achieved, we didn't and we shouldn't let that detract from what was a great season. A few quality signings for next season should see us improve again and a top 8-10 finish or better could be achieved. Much of is will rely on luck with injuries and a better return on finishing, gyokeres could easily have had a retun of 25-30 goals, work on that and keeping Godden fit, who knows what could happen.

Evo1883

Had to watch the Luton game today whilst listening to the Cov match through EarPods. Felt a little bit wrong, but the other half is a mad Luton fan.

My point:

They went up a year before us and had a tough first year before finishing 11/12 last year. Similar story and budget in many ways.

Hopefully, next year, WE make the playoffs.

If we keep the spine of our side together, I’m pretty sure we will.

Mark this post.

They finished on 62 points last season 51 the season before .

Us 55 and 64 .

Hopefully the trend continues

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Been a magnificent season, we are much better than the league table suggests but lets take it in our stride and turn performances into results next season and make that all important next step into the top 8

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I didn’t come away from any home game that impressed by the opposition I have to say. The problem was simply one of quality in depth and on a bottom 6 budget we have too much money tied up in players not at the standard.

Huddersfield in particular stand out for me as ‘how the fuck are they there’. Shit in one game and bang average in the other.
I wondered how swansea were where they are after our two games with them. They impressed me the most and yet weren’t even in top 6 contention

NortonSkyBlue

Sometimes you have to credit the opposition and reflect on how they have been just the better side on the day. At the CBS i thought that Swansea were just toying with us, Hull were able to better us and build a lead and protect it, Bournemouth had big guns who were just better than ours on the day and won comfortably. Millwall and Luton were more streetwise shall I say. Blackpool played good football and were well coached by a manager who wanted to play as opposed to one who wanted to stop you playing. Best fans too by a mile.
When the big boys came we more than matched them, win or lose they knew we were a good side, we struggled with the others, didn’t have enough to break them down.
Paterson, Willock, Solanke, Rothwell, Eaves, Bowler, Johnson; worthy opponents.
I will always remember the injury time goals and the where did that come from moments against Fulham and Sheffield United and missed opportunities at Barnsley, Blackburn, Huddersfield, Boro but most of all what will stand out is that the team is one we can be proud of and we are part of. In my 55 years of supporting Coventry City that makes it a great season in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread