10 year deal for Northampton, will we get any extra revenues? (1 Viewer)

[h=1]Centerplate Sign Ten Year Northampton Town Deal[/h]
1391768209_320.jpg
Fri 7th Feb 2014 | Football Stadiums & Facilities
Leading event hospitality provider Centerplate has clinched a 10-year deal to manage all matchday and non-matchday catering as well as event sales and marketing at Northampton Town FC’s Sixfields Stadium from July.
The Cobblers have teamed up with Centerplate as the League 2 club embarks on Phase 1 of a major multi-million pound expansion and re-development of the facilities at Sixfields.
The new deal will see Centerplate assume responsibility for all catering services at the stadium, and the caterer will also take on the proactive sales and marketing of the venue for non-match day events.
Phase 1 of the re-development plan to expand the capacity of the ground from 7,653 to 10,000, will get underway later this month and will focus on enhancing and extending the East (Family) Stand.
Centerplate is contributing towards the capital investment cost of installing new facilities within the East Stand complex which will house a new conference centre with a 500 plus capacity suite and other meeting rooms; executive boxes and a new bar; while there will be a family area in the West Stand - all of which are due for completion in readiness for the 2014-15 season. A hotel is also being built on site which will ensure a large number of non matchday visitors to the stadium.
David Cardoza, Chairman of Northampton Town, said, “The Centerplate team has established a good ‘hands-on’ working partnership with us, and we have naturally involved them in discussions about the opportunities to generate incremental revenue for the club from maximising the potential of the new facilities.
“They have a highly professional approach and we have seen the results their sales and marketing skills have achieved for other UK sports stadia. Becoming part of such a prominent international hospitality provider as Centerplate has provided us with the best of both worlds – thinking globally while acting locally.
“They can bring a lot of national and international experience to the table and that is crucial for us as we look to grow the club. New insights and a new perspective have helped us shape our plans for enhancing the catering, hospitality and events services at the stadium, while Centerplate remains focused on sourcing form local suppliers and producers, and supporting the local community.”
Matthew Nicholson, Operations Director – The Midlands at Centerplate’s UK division, added: “We feel very privileged to be part of Northampton Town FC’s plans as they embark on this new era in the club’s 117-year history.
“As well as enhancing the matchday experience for fans, the excellent new facilities will provide the perfect platform to launch the Sixfields Stadium as an ideal venue choice for corporate and private event organisers, whilst opening up a valuable new revenue stream which can be reinvested in the club.
“I have been delighted with how negotiations with Northampton Town Commercial Manager Andy Wooldridge have gone and we are looking forward to beginning the new partnership.”

RoboCCFC90

Has feck all to do with us..

shmmeee

But stadium management companies and catering contracts are evil and no club can ever be successful with them in place!

Obviously Cardoza wasn't listening to Fisher's genius. No doubt they'll be bankrupt within the season.

RoboCCFC90

But stadium management companies and catering contracts are evil and no club can ever be successful with them in place!

Obviously Cardoza wasn't listening to Fisher's genius. No doubt they'll be bankrupt within the season.

How would Fisher know we were never partners with Compass??

torchomatic

NOt all of them are evil. ACL are one of the best supported clubs, sorry joint venture companies in the area.

Grendel

And your dream football club owners have you playing in division 3,in Northampton in front of 2000 people.

Sisu are not dream owners and Coventry council are certainly not dream landlords.

Astute

Sisu are not dream owners and Coventry council are certainly not dream landlords.

I have to agree with you there. Because our clubs landlord is NTFC. And we all agree that it is a nightmare.

will am i

I am not so sure. Remember it is all about the pie money.
id forgotten it was about pie money. do you think if sisu get a load of vans selling pies outside the ground and we all agree to buy our pies from there they will come back to the Ricoh. Just a thought.

RoboCCFC90

On this occasion Northampton's pie money which I am sure Sisu isn't pocketing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewys33

id forgotten it was about pie money. do you think If sisu get a load of vans selling pies outside the ground and we all agree to buy our pies from there they will come back to the Ricoh. Just a thought.

Haha thats quite funny! I remember when I used to do Twist + Shout with CJ & Jimbo and a certain "CCFC Official" told us that we wernt allowed to sell at the Ricoh because and I quote "CCFC took ownership of the land on matchdays." So effectively they could put anything they wanted on the land on matchday to make extra money if what this certain CCFC official said was true!

Grendel

Please name one club who has been promoted to the premiership with no matchday revenues.

lewys33

Please name one club who has been promoted to the premiership with no matchday revenues.

3 wood? I win!

Now can you answer me which clubs owners decided to raise the issue of revenues 5/6 years in to ownership post relegation?

Grendel

3 wood? I win!

Now can you answer me which clubs owners decided to raise the issue of revenues 5/6 years in to ownership post relegation?

The issue was raised in the first year. Your argument though is a bit silly. What you are basically saying is nah nah nah sisu that's your fault and accepting as a consequence the club can never return to the premier league. How odd.

lewys33

The issue was raised in the first year. Your argument though is a bit silly. What you are basically saying is nah nah nah sisu that's your fault and accepting as a consequence the club can never return to the premier league. How odd.

Nice observation there. I always wondered when somebody would read between the lines and realise when I am asking who left it 5/6 years to raise the issue REALLY means I am accepting the club will never return to the premier league?! Bravo sir!

Anyway ........ back from unicorn land

Your response says it all. Raised in the first year?! Well done on them for leaving it another 4 years! Sisu knew the business was failing yet failed to sort it out. Something which they claim to be very good at.

Enough of that anyway, I promised myself not to get involved in any more of this bullshit. It proves hard when you some folk talk nonsense.

Grendel

Nice observation there. I always wondered when somebody would read between the lines and realise when I am asking who left it 5/6 years to raise the issue REALLY means I am accepting the club will never return to the premier league?! Bravo sir!

Anyway ........ back from unicorn land

Your response says it all. Raised in the first year?! Well done on them for leaving it another 4 years! Sisu knew the business was failing yet failed to sort it out. Something which they claim to be very good at.

Enough of that anyway, I promised myself not to get involved in any more of this bullshit. It proves hard when you some folk talk nonsense.

Lame, defeatist response.

lewys33

Lame, defeatist response.

pot kettle black?

You try to act clever and far more knowledgeable than us "peasants" however you try to point out irrelevant matters. You and I both know this whole saga is not about F&B nor is it about FFP. You have said it before.

So why carry on with the persistence on here with regards to pointing out "all revenues". The only thing I can put it down to is your moronic obsession with pointing out how ACL screwed the club over.

mark82

Just what was needed on this forum, the same argument all over again. This will never get boring.

Astute

They got offered a vastly reduced rent and pie money. They didn't take it. They could have had the Higgs share. They didn't want to pay for it.

They took us out of Coventry for one reason. They say that the Ricoh is worth substantially less without a club playing there. They are trying to do a forced sale on terms that can't be met by law. But you know all of this.

At least they are admitting that the Ricoh is plan A. And we will be stuck in Northampton until they find a way of getting around laws that are designed to stop this sort of thing happening, offer a proper price for what they want or try negotiations. Misguided rants from yourself won't help them at all. All it does is make you look thick and I am sure you are not.

James Smith

The first year after Sisu acquired our club? I agree with you that it was raised by the previous board in our first year at the Ricoh but I wasn't aware that Sisu had done so in a serious manner with ACL. If you've got evidence of that and can present it here you may change my mind about Sisu.

James Smith

Moderator Hat On

Play nicely please!

Moderator Hat Off

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread