10 months (1 Viewer)

SIR ERNIE

13/10/13: CCFC 3 Sheff Utd 2.
The last time I watched a ‘home’ game on TV. Played in Northampton. An all-time low. Sick to the core that we were playing 34 miles from home but there were some very obvious and genuine positives. A really exciting team playing fast attacking football. Shaky at the back admittedly but a team full of goals. Talented individuals managed by a new fresh new manager who seemed to be relishing the challenge. If we could get this squad back to the Ricoh there was a real belief that we could push on to a play-off place or at worse set the foundations for a very strong season next year.

13/08/14: CCFC 1 Cardiff 2.
My next TV ‘home’ game… and I thought he’d hit an all-time low last October! We’re now playing in front of a building site and home support has dwindled to 900-odd. Cardiff Reserves have 81% possession at one point and our team of unknowns are chasing shadows. We look like a non-league outfit playing at a non-league ground. The name of Coventry City is being humiliated on national TV. As fans we are reduced to desperately grasping at any small positive we can find. In all seriousness the only one I could find was that a young 18 year old left back put in a couple of decent crosses. Truly desperate.

So what should we take from this? That’s easy. What we have above is the net result of just 10 months SISU’s management of Coventry City FC. A sharply declining bill of health from the previous all-time low that they’d taken the club to. Those 10 months have nothing to do with ACL or CCC. You’re looking fairly and squarely at what SISU ALONE are doing to this football club, not through stoicism as they would have us believe but through bumbling, incompetent mismanagement.

Fit and Proper owners? I don’t think so

Samo

The last time I watched a ‘home’ game on TV. Played in Northampton. An all-time low. Sick to the core that we were playing 34 miles from home but there were some very obvious and genuine positives. A really exciting team playing fast attacking football. Shaky at the back admittedly but a team full of goals. Talented individuals managed by a new fresh new manager who seemed to be relishing the challenge. If we could get this squad back to the Ricoh there was a real belief that we could push on to a play-off place or at worse set the foundations for a very strong season next year.

My next TV ‘home’ game… and I thought he’d hit an all-time low last October! We’re now playing in front of a building site and home support has dwindled to 900-odd. Cardiff Reserves have 81% possession at one point and our team of unknowns are chasing shadows. We look like a non-league outfit playing at a non-league ground. The name of Coventry City is being humiliated on national TV. As fans we are reduced to desperately grasping at any small positive we can find. In all seriousness the only one I could find was that a young 18 year old left back put in a couple of decent crosses. Truly desperate.

So what should we take from this? That’s easy. What we have above is the net result of just 10 months SISU’s management of Coventry City FC. A sharply declining bill of health from the previous all-time low that they’d taken the club to. Those 10 months have nothing to do with ACL or CCC. You’re looking fairly and squarely at what SISU ALONE are doing to this football club, not through stoicism as they would have us believe but through bumbling, incompetent mismanagement.

Tell it to the FL

rupert_bear

Felt exactly the same Ernie. That was a desperate performance and I can't see it improving any time soon. If things don't change and quick I think Pressley will be off and yet another new manager at the helm with somebody else's players, waiting for the next transfer window to offload a few bring in a few if he's lucky. The whole Ricoh/Sixfields debacle has imo masked the disgraceful neglect of our team by those charged with running the team, I am talking Fisher and Waggott by they way not our manager..

Ian1779

If SISU left tomorrow and we ended up with a fan ownership model then this is the state and quality of the team we could expect going forward.

Then who's fault will it be?

wince

If SISU left tomorrow and we ended up with a fan ownership model then this is the state and quality of the team we could expect going forward.

Yours

sky blue john

Lol !!
At least it would run by the fans for the fans.
And some honesty wouldn't go a miss.
I would much prefer not to be told the CW money will be invested in the team when it obviously hasn't !!!!

Have you any more pearls if wisdom why Sisu should still be holding our club to ransom?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If you follow the logic of other posters on here,blaming previous regimes then the answer would be Sisu. If on the other hand you want the real answer then its Sisu. Who would get the blame then the answer is probably me:)

Gosford Green

I have been discussing since the Cardiff game that this is the lowest point in the clubs history. Hopefully this is rock bottom and we can not sink any lower.

Ian, I do not think that if SISU left tomorrow we would be at a status quo with the team. For sure First season would be tricky, but I am confident that with the correct leadership we would go from strength to strength.

It may not be the very best solution, but on a list of preferable solutions...... fan ownership would be in the top 10 and SISU ownership would not have even made the list!!

Neutral Fan

In fairness to my local club, they're building a bigger stand. 10k all seater in a 20 year old stadium is right for a team that floats between Divs 3 & 4. Sixfields is not a "non-league" ground. It's neat and tidy and is good for Div 4 (but as you say a building site until October).

Ian1779

Lol !!
At least it would run by the fans for the fans.
And some honesty wouldn't go a miss.
I would much prefer not to be told the CW money will be invested in the team when it obviously hasn't !!!!

Have you any more pearls if wisdom why Sisu should still be holding our club to ransom?

In your fan run club you'd have us being ripped off by ACL forever, and never ever being able to put ourselves in a position to stand on our own two feet.

But at least when we went to the wall, we would have done it honestly.

Monners

In fairness to my local club, they're building a bigger stand. 10k all seater in a 20 year old stadium is right for a team that floats between Divs 3 & 4. Sixfields is not a "non-league" ground. It's neat and tidy and is good for Div 4 (but as you say a building site until October).

Suspect that you may now this already, but I don't think that was the main point that he was trying to make.

By the way, I am not going to MK Dons (unlike 800 + Cobblers fans in last years JPT)

sky blue john

In your fan run club you'd have us being ripped off by ACL forever, and never ever being able to put ourselves in a position to stand on our own two feet.

But at least when we went to the wall, we would have done it honestly.

Lmfao !!!
How do you come to that conclusion ?

Monners

Going back almost 20 odd years when we beat Arsenal 3-0 in the first game of the season, use that as a vantage point and this is a bad as its gets.

Anything from here has be an improvement. Hopefully !

What a great day that was indeed. Quinn should have got 5 that day. Highbury was being redeveloped at the time - it still didn't look llike a non-league ground!

But yes, anything from where we are has to be better. Really felt down myself the other night - couldn't even face the 3 mike trip to the hill, becouase I know I would have felt worse (a bit of self preservation kicked in)

Ian1779

Lmfao !!!
How do you come to that conclusion ?

So who's going to pay for everything?

The wages, the transfer fees, the day to day running costs, the matchday costs?...how will the club ever control is financial destiny? A fans group won't be able to build or buy a stadium will it? So we'd have to be under ACL's rental deal..they've already shown clearly they won't bend to a hedge fund, they're not exactly going to bend over backwards for a group of fans are they?

Chipfat

Sisu did bail the club out and invest but they did not do it through kindness it was an investment that for them has gone badly wrong..They had the power from day 1 to address the rent issue, they didn't and decided to carry on thinking promotion would be a solution to the running of the club.. They invested in our club and since that day have run it so poorly it is got to a stage that they can't get out....

So invested yes,, does this then give them the right to do what they have being doing No,, does this mean they are the only one's interested and are the clubs life support,, NO.. This club no matter what state will create interest and a buyer very quickly,, why because of the potential fan base it can create with the correct management... Fans are the life support of the club, even a % on a board controlled by businessmen is a better option than what we have now....So don't kid yourself Sisu are our only hope,, they are custodians of our club not an everlasting group, that are the only party interested in the club because of its current situation.

Last edited:

Ian1779

Sisu did bail the club out and invest but they did not do it through kindness it was an investment that for them has gone badly wrong..They had the power from day 1 to address the rent issue, they didn't and decided to carry on thinking promotion would be a solution to the running of the club.. They invested in our club and since that day have run it so poorly it is got to a stage that they can't get out....

So invested yes,, does this then give them the right to do what they have being doing No,, does this mean they are the only one's interested and are the clubs life support,, NO.. This club no matter what state will create interest and a buyer very quickly,, why because of the potential fan base it can create with the correct management... Fans are the life support of the club, even a % on a board controlled by businessmen is a better option than what we have now....So don't kid yourself Sisu are our only hope,, they are custodians of our club not an everlasting group, that are the only party interested in the club because of its current situation.

I'm not saying they are the only party around, although I would say that unless the stadium is intrinsically linked with the football club, no one is going to buy SISU out at a price they would accept.

That said, this fan ownership model is the latest fad being bandied about, that doesn't automatically make it a good model.

Chipfat

I'm not saying they are the only party around, although I would say that unless the stadium is intrinsically linked with the football club, no one is going to buy SISU out at a price they would accept.

That said, this fan ownership model is the latest fad being bandied about, that doesn't automatically make it a good model.

I would agree but a % on a board would be better than any 100% either way...

shmmeee

Why is it?

The budget is competitive and we're at Sixfields. With a better transfer record and a move back to Cov we'd do better.

It's Sisu's fault because Sisu moved us to Northampton, I thought that was pretty obvious.

Otis

Agree with you on everything in bold there.

skybluefred

I have been discussing since the Cardiff game that this is the lowest point in the clubs history. Hopefully this is rock bottom and we can not sink any lower.

The lowest point in the Clubs history was the day Robinson sold out to sisu, Make no mistake about it, it's been downhill ever since and it will
continue until they are gone.

Neutral Fan

Suspect that you may now this already, but I don't think that was the main point that he was trying to make.

By the way, I am not going to MK Dons (unlike 800 + Cobblers fans in last years JPT)

Yep I did get that but felt I should defend my local clubs ground. I understand why CC fans take out their frustration on it but as I say it's a neat little 4th Div ground.

Pleased to hear you're not watching your team against the Franchise! What with Wimbledon, Coventry, Cardiff etc football outside the EPL is being ruined. Winkie, Tan, SISU...FFS

Otis

What was up with the last paragraph ?

Just feel the extortinate rent contributed to the events of these very last 10 months when the club moved away. ACL and CCC may well not have been part of the immediate 10 month debacle Ernie is talking about, but what happened before has contributed to where we now find ourselves.

Just can't bring myself to say Sisu are totally to blame for everything, though they have indeed been the major contributor.

ccfcway

nope, today was lower than yesterday. Defeat tomorrow will make tomorrow lower.

We are still falling

Users who are viewing this thread