10 games in, Time for a review (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

A little harder to be objective after yesterday, but we’re still in 4th and only 3 points from 1st.
I think we’re worth 9 out of 10.
Coincidentally the same as the number of games we have competed in

Sky Blue Harry H

Wouldn't disagree with that. Obvious tough game against Fulham - happy if we get anything from that.
International break followed by Blackburn and PNE away (both tough trips)
Then play Derby at home, which will be a massive game (especially if the previous 3 don't go well)
If we get 4 points (or above) from those 4, I will be content (5-0 type defeats aside)

PVA

If we had the same number of points but swapped last nights result with say the QPR result we'd be saying what a brilliant start to the season.

The fact we lost 5-0 last night will mean the start we've had gets downplayed because of recency bias.

It's been a fantastic start to the season.

slowpoke

It is a great start 19 points from our first 10 games is superb. Won’t be easy but for me if we can get 12 points+ from our next 10 games I’ll be okay with that.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If we had the same number of points but swapped last nights result with say the QPR result we'd be saying what a brilliant start to the season.

The fact we lost 5-0 last night will mean the start we've had gets downplayed because of recency bias.

It's been a fantastic start to the season.

It has, but the difference is if it'd been QPR we'd know we've come out of that hiding pretty well.

Right now there is a bit of fear as to how the team will react.

Torquay Sky Blue

The gloss has certainly been smeared somewhat hasn't it.
Let's ope there's a reaction for Saturday. Really tough game to follow on from a kicking but I have faith in them

fatso

Great start to the season.

We just need to adjust our away tactics, I'd suggest Gyokeres up front on his own, with Kelly or Sheaf as a holding midfielder and Waghorn dropping to the bench.
O'hare and Allen getting forward to support Gyokeres whenever they can in a 3-1-5-1 formation.

Perryccfc

Absolute fabulous start to the season. Would never have predicted us to be in 4th place after 10 games. Last night was horrible, but hopefully we get a result against Fulham and put it behind us.

Mucca Mad Boys

Our home form is going to be instrumental to our fortunes this year. If we maintain Top 6 home form, we’ll finish comfortably in the top half.

It’s our away form that is the only cause for concern. We leak more goals and score a lot less.

That’ll be the difference of whether or not we can ‘do a Barnsley’ and finish in the playoffs because we’re going to drop some points at home at some point.

slowpoke

This happened division one promotion season took us ages to win away back end of December was it at Wycombe ? then we couldn’t stop winning away.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think it is a better start than most of us could have dreamed of, luton result just reminded me that I will take being comfortably safe from relegation this season.

CCFC54321

We have to be honest with ourselves that we are a mid table championship side that’s had a great start due to our home form. That is unbelievable to where we have come from and we are maximising what ability we have along with a unbelievable backing by the supporters.

How do we improve? We really need some players to contribute more goals across the team. The centre half’s are not contributing at set plays and the midfield except Hamer offer nothing in relation to goals. That’s not a criticism just an observation. We badly need to bring in a left back in January as competition.

Mid table will be progress and build on that along with clearing out the dead wood to free up wages at the end of the season.

slowpoke

Losing at Luton doesn’t turn us into a lesser team than before, depends how we bounce back, favourites to lose today and probably would have been anyway. Into the next run of 10 games so let’s see where that brings us regardless today’s result.
Bit of a test today but not season defining.

skybluesam66

We will finish top 8
1 blip doesn’t change what went before
A lot of good fortune could see us top 6

last 23 games 39 points. That’s some stat

slowpoke

Even the Luton game every goal had the element of schoolboy error from the penalty that never was (the foul should never have happened) to that joke of a fifth goal.
We are better than the Luton debacle.

stevefloyd

Our start has been terrific, the football we have played (barring Weds) has been fantastic lets hope we haven't been found out already and bounce back in style today

Users who are viewing this thread