10 Day Enforced Break (1 Viewer)

mark82

What are people's thoughts on the 10 day enforced break? Is it good for the squad to get a rest or does it disrupt our momentum?

Warwickhunt

They looked like they need a break after yesterdays game! need to put in more intensive pressure football training and refine their game strategy. However top of the league going into the break so you cannot ask for more? Use the period to get some of the Injuries cleared up because Wimbledon certainly Know how to put the foot in.

shmmeee

Good to have a break TBH. We’ve had a few injuries and a couple of players who have come in since the season started so will be good to get everyone up to speed.

Have we had an update on Kelly? 2 weeks was the low end estimate wasn’t it?

covcity4life

its a good thing i reckon, players get time to rest legs but also more traiining time to perfect robins vision

is first game back the JPT? football leasing.com blah

jordan210

With the amount of games we have played its good for a rest and gives anyone with a slight niggle chance to recover.

Hopefully it doesn't kill the momentum that's the main worry.

CCFC88

Two tough games coming up after the break, no days off for MR, I'm sure he'll be off to watch Doncaster v Pboro at the weekend, team bonding day for the squad due I reckon, reward their excellent effort.

Greggs

Anyone see Mason pull up when celebrating that fucking marvelous winner? Looked like his hamstring went :(

rob9872

If we'd lost/drew last night I don't think I'd have wanted the break, but getting the winner the way we did, it's now perfect timing. Worst we can be when we come back is 3rd and then nobody has a game in hand on us. Hopefully he'll have the lads in to analyse the game this morning and then give them a proper few days off away from football to enjoy themselves then get back on it from Monday to build up ahead of next week.

Magwitch

Heaven sent, just at the right time imo. things to sort out especially in the forward department and players to get to fit again.

rob9872

The club has given the players 4 or 5 days to get away I believe ahead of stepping up training ahead of the next fixture
Encouragingly I think most of them are doing things with their families rather than going away for a bender like a lot of teams do
That's just rugby players ;) :)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Never really want to lose momentum on a winning streak, but long term it could be beneficial to give them the rest physically and mentally. Picked up quite a few injuries that will likely be out for a while, so don't want the remaining ones suffering annoying little tears and stuff.

On the whole I think the rest is a good thing for us, but as we'll have had both our 'days off' before new year going into the end of the season we may be more tired than other teams, esp if we had a cup run.

SAJ

I think it’s great. What with this now to recharge and Boxing Day off they are both really good times to recharge for the next session.

Great chance for a rest, comes at a good time when knocks and injuries were beginning to stack up. Momentum is one of the biggest myths in football

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

skybluecam

They all looked a bit tired/out of it at times on Tuesday. So many more misplaced touches and passes than usual. Break will be good, hopefully we work on game plans for donny and Rotherham. Donny is a must not lose for me.

covcity4life

break one month in then a break over xmass

hopefully we can take advantage and be strong for january/feb and then momentum should get us through final months if we are still challenging

gonan be tough though, ipswich look strong and so do sunderland and pboro despite dropping pts a lil more than the tractor boys.

RegTheDonk

Great chance for a rest, comes at a good time when knocks and injuries were beginning to stack up. Momentum is one of the biggest myths in football

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yes, agree. Lose a couple of games because of injuries or over work, that momentum goes anyway. Plus, those around us will play their game in hand.

SkyBlueDom26

break one month in then a break over xmass

hopefully we can take advantage and be strong for january/feb and then momentum should get us through final months if we are still challenging

gonan be tough though, ipswich look strong and so do sunderland and pboro despite dropping pts a lil more than the tractor boys.
Soon as the Sunderland keeper is injured and Burge has to play they will be fucked

ccfc92

I said before Tuesdays game, a win was essential going into the break because of the games in hand.

We managed to do that, so hopefully we have favourable results on Saturday, then pick back up again vs Donny.

I am hoping the rest will be good and not produce the cliched "lack of match fitness" excuse.

skyblueinBaku

I said before Tuesdays game, a win was essential going into the break because of the games in hand.

We managed to do that, so hopefully we have favourable results on Saturday, then pick back up again vs Donny.

I am hoping the rest will be good and not produce the cliched "lack of match fitness" excuse.
Well, they can't use the 'tired' excuse!:emoji_smile:

D

Deleted member 2477

Think it will do the team good but to say professional football players are tired after 9 games at the begining of a season isnt very good. Surely they cant be knackered . They are young fit kids ffs

Users who are viewing this thread