Match Thread ⚽️ Wigan Athletic vs Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 14th Mar (2 Viewers)

slowpoke

Changing the subject from ifs & buts re. performances, what a great goal from Vik got on the rough end of a cross prepared to get hurt and powered a header in. Hasn’t been the best at high crosses but if he adds that string to his bow what a player we’ll have on our books

bigfatronssba

Robins says they won't get back until gone 1 as the roads "will be shut". Have they "taken the roads in" like in Father Ted?
They'll be stored in a warehouse on the east side of the city

CDK

Substitutions early proved a shrewd decision,did feel walker for godden should have happened same time ,just my opinion,felt that opening 20 minutes was our chance to add another goal as they were not at our level.Move on to Blackpool as playoffs fading fast but another unbeaten game will be great.
Great to see sheaf who was superb 2nd half.

pusbccfc

Robins says they won't get back until gone 1 as the roads "will be shut". Have they "taken the roads in" like in Father Ted?

Suppose once they get dropped back to Ryton, they've then got to go back from there.

covcity4life

Thriught we were better team and should have win. Credit to robins for making the half time subs. Made a big difference.

We need to score more. Thought godden should have come off.

We can still reach 79 PTS but yeah playoffs looking bit tougher than a few hours ago.

Still unbeaten though. Let's remain positive.

Esoterica

Can't really blame a paper thin squad when your forwards are both dead on their feet and we've missed 5 good chances, all while leaving Walker on the bench. Considering Robins was a striker himself and must understand how confidence affects a strikers game, his treatment of Walker has been very rough. Scores in consecutive games, dropped. Finally get another goal, unused sub for 2 games.

Seaside-Skyblue

Above all this I can't help but keep zoning in on how good McNally is. We definitely need to make a punt to sign him if we can. He's top drawer at this level and still young.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

coop

Surely There attacker is offside when the ball gets put into the middle before the deflection.

clint van damme

Well even though I was convinced we wouldn't get to the play offs that result still stings the morning after.
Never say never but I think that's our chances done now.
Still been a decent season all things considered.

djr8369

Play off hunt pretty much gone after these two results, but for what Robins has had to work with this season it's been a fantastic effort. Just another case where we're left wondering what might have been without a wafer thin squad.
I didn’t expect us to make the playoffs and think it would have been overachieving but I am a bit annoyed we have dropped 4 points in the last two games. Shows how close we are I guess.

djr8369

We're not going to do that if we can't beat dross like Wigan, you can't just drop off like we did and the manager has got to recognise it much quicker. He as per a few occasions just watched it happen. We needed some impetus but just dropped back further and further.
I’m quite surprised because MR has been much more proactive with subs recently but last night we were just waiting for them to equalise.

Sky Blue Harry H

A lot saying how shit Wigan were, I thought they were OK, got the ball into dangerous places, thank fuck they haven't got a goal scorer!
They battled and got stuck in (unlike Huddersfield), Think if the pitch had been better, we'd have won.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just been on the Wigan forum, and should have realised we had no chance, due to an unfair advantage, that I'd not spotted during the game....

If you listen to Shaun's after match comments he explained why he took Christ off and the other substitutions. He said Christ had a great first half but he needed to open the game up as a draw is no good to us now and he wanted us to go for it which is fair enough in my book

CV22SBA

Not a classic last night, weather didn’t help. I thought they were sharper than us first half and felt sorry for Maguire going off at HT as I thought he did okay. What do I know though as Sheaf changed the game and we were much better second half.
We really need to put our chances away though. Goddan should have scored first half and Hammer at the end. Overall I think a draw was a fair result.

robbiethemole

Another game where an unlucky deflection leads to a goal against us.
We are running out of games for the luck to even out and turn in our favour

fernandopartridge

Watching the goal again, if I'm to criticise JWE for the Sunderland goal the same applies to Bidwell for last night. He was flat footed and slow to get to Nyamby

covcity4life

Watching the goal again, if I'm to criticise JWE for the Sunderland goal the same applies to Bidwell for last night. He was flat footed and slow to get to Nyamby
McNally could have headed the clearance better too.

But he's been class so harsh to focus on it for too long.

Look no game is easy. We will win a game we expected to lose at some point. Let's just try get back to winning ways on weekend

Offhegoes

Called it Saturday and I’ll call it again some of the players are running on empty.
If that is the case, then Robins should of used the squad more last night. We have a 2 week break after Saturday which should give the team the rest they need. Wilson Esbrand, Rose and Walker should of all started, and we should of given rests to Bidwell, Hamer, Vik and Doyle. McGuire looked alright for 45 but was then replaced, he should of taken Godden off for Sheaf, and stuck McGuire behind Vik.

torchomatic

Disappointing result. We let them back in the game after we'd scored and the crowd actually started making some noise. McFadz couldn't do much about the deflection. Shame Hamer couldn't do more with the chance right at the end there.

I hate the M6.

eastwoodsdustman

What a shit drive home after the game. Got in at 1.50 this morning.
As for the game, missed chances again cost us the points.
i thought the ht subs made a big difference.
BNC gave us some drive and width and sheaf offered more control in the middle.
Pitch was awful. It looked like players were struggling with it.
Like others have said it was crying out for Walker for the last 10-15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread