Match Thread ⚽️ Watford vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 5th Nov (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

Great day out that was, OB didn’t have a clue that day!!
Shut down all the boozers and we ended up on the piss in Bicester randomly.

There was another year when they closed all the pubs as well, might be when we got smashed something like 5-2, and I had a hangover from hell and we ended up drinking in some snooker club after as that was the only place open.

Think I’ve been about 5 times, including when we didn’t win away all season, and never seen us fucking win.

Usually a good day out though.

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't agree with this as a strategy to be honest.

I'm not 100% for going with a weakened side, particularly after the Blackburn performance, although I wouldn't want Hamer out for the next 2 home games, which are probably more winnable than tomorrow. That said, we are a funny old team that will probably win tomorrow, then lose to Wigan!

Great_Expectations

No reason we can’t come away with at least a draw.

I understand the calls to rest players but points and momentum are more important. With the (ridiculous) WC so close too, we have more time for the players to recover after this run of games in quick succession.

Team should stay the same. Inexperienced as they are, the back three kept a team second in the league pretty quiet all game.

Would prefer enforced changes due to tiredness on Tuesday, as I would still feel confident of a result.

Think we’ll sneak 1-1 tomorrow. Interesting to see if MR allows us to play football or reverts to the more reserved and defensive strategy that helped earlier in the season.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not 100% for going with a weakened side, particularly after the Blackburn performance, although I wouldn't want Hamer out for the next 2 home games, which are probably more winnable than tomorrow. That said, we are a funny old team that will probably win tomorrow, then lose to Wigan!

I think that in itself is an argument to try to always pick the strongest side you can. A long break awaits after next weekend, so just go for it in the next 3. Hamer's shown much more restraint while at the same time showing some of his best form, so if anything will rule him out it'll be injury rather than suspension.

And judging by our luck this season would you bet against us resting him only for him to backheel himself into a hamstring tear in training?

clint van damme

There’s no unwinnable games in this division. Silly to weaken yourself especially when the player you drop could all come down with sickness and miss the next game anyway, or anything.

Agreed. If we were in the prem and away at Man City followed by a couple of home games I could see the logic, but not in this league.

SIR ERNIE

My first away game this season. Driving up with my neighbour who's a hornet. Only downside is were both in the Elton John Stand.
PUSB

Sick Boy

A point would be great, our record there is awful though the last time I went (and I'm going Saturday) we won 3-2.

Trivia: which journeyman scored the opening goal for us in the aforementioned win?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Wasn’t it Trevor Benjamin? That was a great away - seem to remember the Wetherspoons got taken over by city fans.

kg82

Shut down all the boozers and we ended up on the piss in Bicester randomly.

There was another year when they closed all the pubs as well, might be when we got smashed something like 5-2, and I had a hangover from hell and we ended up drinking in some snooker club after as that was the only place open.

Think I’ve been about 5 times, including when we didn’t win away all season, and never seen us fucking win.

Usually a good day out though.
Please tell me you’re not going today

RegTheDonk

You can weaken in the league cup but not the league ! No chance MR would take that chance
Would hope so. You've got 5 subs to make, play your best and make changes when you need to. Lets hope the sickness bug has done its worse by now.

Torquay Sky Blue

Might need to be well on our guard on Saturday.
Referee Lee Daughty in charge has reffed 12 games so far this season,producing 53 yellows and 3
reds.
He was in the middle last night for Burnley v Rotherham gave what appeared a harsh red for 2 yellows and played 13 minutes Fergie time.
Probably best if Hamer not fit enough for this one.
A red card certainty with this ref. He's more than likely made a mental note who's going off first

Skybluefaz

Would obviously take a point right now. We've been in good form though, could go there and come back with the 3 points. Got to go and play like we did at Stoke, try and ride our luck on occasion and hit on the break.

Philosorapter

A draw today would be good and keep City on course to thinking about getting in play-off contention over the next ten games or so.

A win should seriously change the dynamics in thinking, if not already, with those two decent home wins against clubs which are higher up the table. It shows recent stability in the results against decent opponents.

Nothing to lose in this match and everything to gain.

JAM See

Bidwell on the bench.

What's that all about?

PVA

Obviously prioritising the Wigan game.

Feel sorry for Eccles and Burroughs up against Sarr!

Users who are viewing this thread