Match Thread ⚽️ Swansea City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 7th Apr (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Their fans were the scummiest Ive encountered this season and that includes the tramps At Burnley.
plenty outside looking for a bit of trouble too.
and they gave a nice rendition of jimmys in a box for good measure.
Wankers

They were singing 'Lizzie's in a box'.

TomRad85

I'm positive you said this the season we finished 8th under Mowbray, and 8th the first season back in league 1 under Robins .. let's just wait and see
He is right about missed opportunity though. Think all we needed was some investment in the AM position in Jan and we'd have had a chance.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

He is right about missed opportunity though. Think all we needed was some investment in the AM position in Jan and we'd have had a chance.

We had both Allen and Palmer fit and doing well then, so it's hindsight that says this. Defence has always needed investment, but too much investment to bridge a gap to the playoffs, and I don't want to be a Barnsley or Huddersfield type with a reaction the next season.

Speedie's Head

We had both Allen and Palmer fit and doing well then, so it's hindsight that says this. Defence has always needed investment, but too much investment to bridge a gap to the playoffs, and I don't want to be a Barnsley or Huddersfield type with a reaction the next season.
Play two up and get over-run (blame Godden etc) or Howley etc in midfield and create little for Vik, who always has 2 or 3 on him kicking lumps out of him. It's only a matter of time until he gets hurt. We're missing CoH and Kasey big time. Let's hope Maguire has got some fitness together now as I'd rather he gets a few starts than Howler come in.

TomRad85

Tbf I thought it at the time too, we play a formation that has 2 AMs behind 1 striker and we only had 2 fit AMs, it was fairly obvious. We have been extra unfortunate however, which is a shame.

Balli001

Play two up and get over-run (blame Godden etc) or Howley etc in midfield and create little for Vik, who always has 2 or 3 on him kicking lumps out of him. It's only a matter of time until he gets hurt. We're missing CoH and Kasey big time. Let's hope Maguire has got some fitness together now as I'd rather he gets a few starts than Howler come in.
The fact howley made the bench over him yesterday suggests he won't be starting

theferret

Let's hope those in the seats at QPR make an effort. Our support was awful today.

Awful by our high standards, but have seen quite a few complements from Swansea fans. Although it's rare that anyone fills the away end down there so numbers maybe helped.

Thought their fans the noisiest I've seen this season, thought that last season too (apart from Boro perhaps). Goes to show how much better the acoustics are in a corner than behind a goal. Was so hard to get anything going yesterday.

SBT

We did invest in the AM position in January - unfortunately he didn’t even make the squad yesterday.

pusbccfc

Awful by our high standards, but have seen quite a few complements from Swansea fans. Although it's rare that anyone fills the away end down there so numbers maybe helped.

Thought their fans the noisiest I've seen this season, thought that last season too (apart from Boro perhaps). Goes to show how much better the acoustics are in a corner than behind a goal. Was so hard to get anything going yesterday.

Been to Swansea 4 times now and they've always been loud. A smaller version of our corner. Rest of the ground don't make an effort though.

An awful lot of families and older people in the right of the away end yesterday, killed the atmosphere. Total opposite to the boisterous end at Blackpool.

pusbccfc

We have a large empty block with flags on the seats

Which we shouldn't have. Atmosphere is so much better when there is sensible segregation.

Every Premier League club has identical segregation as yesterday. No more than a small metal pole, and stewards/police who actually do their job.

One idiot jumped the segregation yesterday and the stewards did their job of stopping it.

pusbccfc

The difference in the PL they have a 2 deep wall of stewards and police. Fuck all yesterday or at Huddersfield.

That is not true at all. Hence why the Cov fan who tried acting the big man didn't get very far.

Would you rather we had 300 fewer tickets?

Would you prefer the Ricoh to be limited at 30,000 instead of 33,000?

theferret

Which we shouldn't have. Atmosphere is so much better when there is sensible segregation.

Every Premier League club has identical segregation as yesterday. No more than a small metal pole, and stewards/police who actually do their job.

One idiot jumped the segregation yesterday and the stewards did their job of stopping it.

What you see at Swansea is normal across all 4 divisions. We're very much the outlier. Of course, if you're going to have minimal segregation you do need to police it correctly.

Boosh

Tbf I largely agree with him. My seat was right next to the home fans and it was incredibly uncomfortable. No one should attend a football game and fear for their safety. After about 15 minutes I asked the steward to move me and thankfully she helped me to another seat.

After the game, a brawl erupted between I would say 10 fans from either side. I managed to get amongst them and tell them all to treat people with kindness. Once they’d heard they all stopped and shook hands. It’s amazing what a cool head can do.

theferret

There is actually more or as much segregation here as you get at Stoke, Burnley, Norwich, Luton and Watford, and more than you get at most PL grounds.
IMG-20230408-WA0000.jpg

fernandopartridge

Tbf I largely agree with him. My seat was right next to the home fans and it was incredibly uncomfortable. No one should attend a football game and fear for their safety. After about 15 minutes I asked the steward to move me and thankfully she helped me to another seat.

After the game, a brawl erupted between I would say 10 fans from either side. I managed to get amongst them and tell them all to treat people with kindness. Once they’d heard they all stopped and shook hands. It’s amazing what a cool head can do.

You could start selling #bekind badges that can be buttoned on to Stone Island jumpers

robbiethemole

Bullshit again, you said you’d stop this. Plus if you said it in English, the Jack bastards would’ve caved your head in. Are you fluent in Welsh?

Tommo1993

There is actually more or as much segregation here as you get at Stoke, Burnley, Norwich, Luton and Watford, and more than you get at most PL grounds.
View attachment 28954

I’m in the bottom left corner of that right next to the steward you can see. The two seats worth of seg netting was put in place about halfway through first half but before that it was just the one steward, a rail and 3 feet of space separating fans.

You should be able to get away with that, but dickheads are dickheads and have to kick off for absolutely no reason.

Sorry guys, but it’s never gonna happen at the CBS.

pusbccfc

So funny. Best account on this site in 2023!

Users who are viewing this thread