Match Thread ⚽️ Rotherham United vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 18th Feb (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Don't know, didn't someone put it on here? I don't use them myself

shmmeee - if they don’t match it’s clearly horseshit

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

Grendel

There's those incredible comprehension skills again.

Seriously can you actually read? 😂
I’m not sure

In PVA speak does “Allen has zero technique” translate into “Allen is one of the best goal scorers in midfield this season we’ve had for years”?

Grendel

Careful mate, not allowed to call him anonymous. You'll have the Allen Defence Force on you soon.

You see again it’s confusing as my interpretation of this is you in - I have to say typical Starmer style - read the room and felt safe to join in the anticipated and hoped for witch hunt in the second half and a minute into it you fell on your arse

PVA

You see again it’s confusing as my interpretation of this is you in - I have to say typical Starmer style - read the room and felt safe to join in the anticipated and hoped for witch hunt in the second half and a minute into it you fell on your arse

I'll take that as a no, you can't, because you struggle to read.

Thanks for confirming, enjoy your evening 👍🏻

Grendel

I'll take that as a no, you can't, because you struggle to read.

Thanks for confirming, enjoy your evening 👍🏻

😂😂😂

Johhny Blue

Biggest thanks probably has to go to Stroud for disallowing that early goal when we just switched off. Very pleasing to win despite not being at our best but will need to be at 100% against Sunderland
It’s easy to make fun of Stroud but it was a ballsy ( correct) call. Most refs either miss that or ignore it. Things like this go on for almost every corner/free kick/long throw.

Ooh Ah

We are, but I just can't see us doing it.
We've got a run of 2 games a week coming up and Robins only has 13 players fit who he seems to trust so they're going to have to stay fit and pit in a lot of minutes.
I don't think its sustainable.

Rarely post and think we will fall short, BUT there is hope.... Jan window has changed our defence, with the signing of McNally alongside a fit Fadz means it is now solid, compared to say the Wrexham game. Two new wingbacks mean we can change a game from the bench. Add in our cover/additions in 2 weeks of Panzo/Rose, Kelly/Sheaf, Dabo/JWE, Walker/Godden alongside today's starting 11, all of whom Robins trusts to a level, and I think we will compete every game unless really unlucky with injuries. remote possibility/hope McGuire could offer something different, as we so miss O'Hare. But if we lose either of Fadz and Gyo, any replacement for either is a big drop off, so that's the risk.

skyblu3sk

It isn't. We were doing shit, and some people can't handle it when that happens, going into denial mode.

We win a couple of games and those same saps come running out to tell everyone how much better supporters they are at the very first opportunity, as can be seen here. It's boring, predicatable, and childish.
Unlike flip flopping your view on the team after every match? Yeah super childish...

shmmeee

I’m not sure

In PVA speak does “Allen has zero technique” translate into “Allen is one of the best goal scorers in midfield this season we’ve had for years”?

If you take out Hamer and Palmer Allen is indeed one of our best scoring midfielders. 🤣

shmmeee

Yeah, I got it wrong, it was Stu who posted a site that said he had no defensive actions, which wasn't true.
But the site he referenced said he was on 10 passes so there's some disparity.

Yeah Whoscored said no defensive actions too at half time. I didn’t watch the game so no idea if true. It’s been a trend for a while though that he has little impact on games either defensively or attacking.

clint van damme

Yeah Whoscored said no defensive actions too at half time. I didn’t watch the game so no idea if true. It’s been a trend for a while though that he has little impact on games either defensively or attacking.

Well if you look at where the tackle was made I think its possible to understand why it wasn't classed as defensive but that's where stats can be limited in what they tell us.

But from the tackle to the run which included shrugging off an attempt at hacking him down to the pass he advanced us 30 yards.

Not that his overall first half contribution was great, but that went for most the team.

Ross1247

Solid performance today. What a difference Mc Fadz makes at the back. Without him every throw in, corner, free kick around the box I was genuinely worried we'd concede. Mc Nally in there as well has been great so far and it seems to have given Doyle more confidence to get back on the ball and play out a bit more. Eccles starting to become more prominent in that midfield role also which is great. Norton cuffy coming into his own as well.

Hobo

Cracking result today.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Thought the first half was pretty dire but we did enough vs a poor side. I really.hope we can get McNally in the summer, the defence has improved dramatically with him and McFadzean coming in.

Anyone know what the home fans were going mental about in the 2nd half? Some bloke in a bobble hat got kicked out and there 6 or 7 of them going apeshit about someone in the city end for absolutely ages

Users who are viewing this thread