Match Thread ⚽️ Millwall vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Aug (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

If the cost of a drop in pitch is £500k it seems a bargain compared with the revenue lost from numerous cancelled games and / or cost of renting another ground.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Will be a very interesting atmosphere as and when we do next play there.

theferret

Hamer is only out for a game pal

we can’t sell gyokeres like we actually can’t afford too football wise

we need COH back asap

I'm aware of the Hamer suspension. Gyok may not be sellable from a football perspective, but I still think he is sold. The postponement of fixtures is going to cost us a small fortune. I'll be very surprised if he is not sold as the finances cannot look good.

I do think we'll stay up though. Nothing alarmist about that, and I think we can survive.

Sick Boy

Norwich are bottom and I can’t see them going down. That said, it’s likely going to be the first season we regress under Robins.

Tommo1993

If the cost of a drop in pitch is £500k it seems a bargain compared with the revenue lost from numerous cancelled games and / or cost of renting another ground.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wholly agree. Sense has no place in this sorry story though.

skyblue025

Just on the train back into London. Gifted them the game. 2 up and they had barely had a kick. Moore's error is unforgivable after his cock up last week. We still should of had enough to not lose that. Completely lost the midfield battle once they scored. Robins should of made more subs and earlier. A depressing journey home awaits.

shmmeee

Moore has been off since Covid, first half of last season he looked solid but since then has been easily beatable where he shouldn’t be and full of mistakes. Wilson out of contract at the end of the year I’d be bringing someone in then to replace Moore.

We look like we need a CB or two, a GK a WB, a CM and an AM. Which is basically where we were end of last year.

Reactions: mds

shmmeee

Anyway, missed the game as was out shopping with the family. Caught up on this thread to see the score and it was a real rollercoaster 😂

chiefdave

Feel a lot worse after that Boddy interview. Clearly at an impasse with Wasps who won’t lay a new pitch. Says the drop-in pitches - which, as someone above pointed out, cost 4-500’000 - can be put in on a Monday and used on the Sat as Spurs did it before the opening game of the season. The club have offered to put money in. Says a dispute resolution has been opened and will go to a third party. Utterly depressing.
Mentioned drop in pitches before but my question is can you buy them at short notice? I'm guessing there's not a load of fully grown football pitches sat around somewhere just in case they're needed. I would guess they're grown to order.

Malaka

I feel that we are behind because of the postponement. The beginning of the season, games are required to get concentration levels and fitness up. We are going to drop further behind with more postponements.

larry_david

And still only missed one game.

(according to transfermarkt anyway).
He missed two for the 10 yellows and he'd have missed one for the 5. He also then was stuck playing thr last 6 games on 14 yellows which effectively meant he couldn't play with intensity. If I remember right he was subbed every game and missed the last one as we didn't want him missing 3 this season.

It's not good enough, when is he going to mature as a player?

Pete in Portugal

Mentioned drop in pitches before but my question is can you buy them at short notice? I'm guessing there's not a load of fully grown football pitches sat around somewhere just in case they're needed. I would guess they're grown to order.

I think that's correct. I may be wrong, but I think it only takes 6 to 8 weeks to grow and lay them. I believe the net cost of ground sharing would exceed £500k by a fair bit. So if we can raise the money, we should probably try doing this as a short-term solution. The big problem with this approach is how to get Wasps to pay their share, whatever that is? It could be offset against rent payments for example. N.B. This would only be a short-term solution to a long term problem, which is not going to go away.

Longer-term, say by Xmas, SISU must either fully commit to building a new ground, or find a buyer who will. It's crunch time for them.

higgs

Shocking first goal to give away and the third Moore should have saved aswell. We need a new keeper he's gone backwards whatever's happened to him?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think FFS sums that up. Feel like that's entirely down to us after the bright start.

Firstly, Moore's poor decision making letting them back into it.
Then, Hamer's total lack of discipline. It's getting me so fucking annoyed now how he always picks up stupid yellows and yet he still hasn't learn't. Doesn't seem to have a brain.
Thirdly, the decision to have five subs available in 30+ degree heat with a player down and only use two of them. In the 89th minute.

Last edited:

JPG77

I think FFS sums that up. Feel like that's entirely down to us after the bright start.

Firstly, Moore's poor decision making letting them back into it.
Then, Hamer's total lack of discipline. It's getting me so fucking annoyed now how he always picks up stupid yellows and yet he still hasn't learn't. Doesn't seem to have a brain.
Thirdly, the decision to have five subs available in 30+ degree heat with a player down and only use two of them. In the 89th minute.
The not making a sub is so frustrating to me

Users who are viewing this thread