Match Thread ⚽️ Millwall vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Aug (1 Viewer)

SkyblueTexan

This will be a really tough test for us I think. I think a point would be a great result. They've recruited well and just signed a German striker as well. Think they're gunning for the playoffs and in his pre-match comments Robins admitted that this will be a tough transitional type season for us where striving to do better than last season's 12th place finish may be difficult. Per MR, there are teams out there like Millwall that are really flexing their financial muscles and we are still playing catch-up in terms of recruitment and making things work financially. So I think we have to play this game conservatively, go 1 up top and with no COH, we have to pack the midfield and play a counter-attacking game. If we can steal a win her, I'd be chuffed.

AOM

Sneaky 2-1 win.
Can't see us not conceding though. Defending has been suspect the last two games

Londonccfcfan

Problem for us is Macfadzen is 50! He still has no competition. So he has to play. As Rose and Doyle didnt really stake their claim.

Moore
Dabo, Hyam, Mcfadz, Panzo, Bidwell
Hamer, Sheaf
Allen, Gyokores
Godden.

I'd definately be asking Gyokores to play slightly deeper than usual.

long way home

1 change from starting 11 v Sunderland Eccles drops to the bench with Dabo starting. On the bench 1 change, Buroughs in Doyle out.

Waghorn, Doyle and Tayo not in the squad.

SlowerThanPlatt

1 change from starting 11 v Sunderland Eccles drops to the bench with Dabo starting. On the bench 1 change, Buroughs in Doyle out.

Waghorn, Doyle and Tayo not in the squad.
We will likely incur a fee if the loanees are not in the squad - which becomes a problem if they’re not there on merit

Johhny Blue

Problem for us is Macfadzen is 50! He still has no competition. So he has to play. As Rose and Doyle didnt really stake their claim.

Moore
Dabo, Hyam, Mcfadz, Panzo, Bidwell
Hamer, Sheaf
Allen, Gyokores
Godden.

I'd definately be asking Gyokores to play slightly deeper than usual.
Is McFadz really only 50?

Skybluebeliever

Moore
Hyam Fadz Panzo
Dabo Sheaf Hamer Bidwell
Allen Palmer
Gyokeres

Wilson, Burroughs, Adaramola, Rose, Eccles, Tavares, Godden​
2-1 to them.
Not sure Palmer will start and perhaps Allen starts , think the team pick it’s self at the moment

The bench could be interesting after Tuesday’s defensive display

Grendel

Not sure Palmer will start and perhaps Allen starts , think the team pick it’s self at the moment

The bench could be interesting after Tuesday’s defensive display

When you look at it if we sell Gyokeres we really look weak.

I assume we are now having to source yet more high interest loans to stay afloat

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Same starting 11 as Wednesday

Same score.

giphy.gif

alexccfc99

I found Robins’ comment about Millwall flexing their muscle quite odd - They’ve hardly splashed loads of money up the wall

Ashdown

Got to come out of the blocks and take control from the start. Don’t want to give that baying pack of animals anything to shout about. Get a lead for a change and frustrate the home crowd into howling at the ref and their own inadequacies .

Reactions: AOM

PVA

I found Robins’ comment about Millwall flexing their muscle quite odd - They’ve hardly splashed loads of money up the wall

No but they did spend £2.5m on Flemming who looks like a good player.

Thankfully for us he's injured tomorrow though

Hobo

3-1 Millwall

Hobo

Fairly sure Man City are one of the clubs who operate on this basis

Surely it has to be on a player to player basis? Too many theories on this forum not backed up with fact.

junglej13

Selling Gyokeres is surely the only way we can improve the squad in a meaningful way.
I wouldn't sell Gyökeres but agree with the sentiment. Without selling him, Hamer or O'Hare we haven't really got much scope/budget to develop the squad. Feels like we have stood still this summer. Some people may accept that and a 12th place finish.

alexccfc99

I’m pretty happy with the state of the squad if I’m honest - Wouldn’t be against Kane or Walker going if Robins has identified a target and the only way he can bring them in is by one of them being moved on

But if the trade off for none of our best players leaving is no one coming in then so be it! It’s pointless getting worked up over the budget, it is what it is

Mcbean

Selling Gyokeres is surely the only way we can improve the squad in a meaningful way.

No - costs effectively double to replace him with the same quality - we need to hold on to our players so we are in the mix at the end of the season

Grendel

when we sold Wilson and Clarke that didn’t exactly go to plan

Users who are viewing this thread