Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

Lots to be happy about with the quality we have brought in. If our strikers have their boots on we win today but they are finding their feet.

SkyBlueAussie

If we had had 11 players we would have won that, but unfortunately, we had 10 and Godden.
Geez, a nos 9 of a Sunday morning pub team, with a hangover, could have got at least 2 of his chances.
Anyway, we are certainly good enough to get something again this year.

David O'Day

If we had had 11 players we would have won that, but unfortunately, we had 10 and Godden.
Geez, a nos 9 of a Sunday morning pub team, with a hangover, could have got at least 2 of his chances.
yeah nice one mate

Sick Boy

Generally, lots of positives. I still feel against the sides coming down from the PL is that they are just that little bit more clinical. You can be the better side but they can turn it in an instance. Dewsbury-Hall is a player who was being toted for a late England call up last year and for all the big signings we've made, Leicester have genuine PL quality in their side.
Yeah KDH was the difference, he’s too good for this level.

stupot07

499 minutes since Goddens last goal against Reading (36 mins)

Reading - 54 mins
Birmingham - 90 mins (144 mins)
Middlesborough - 90 mins (234 mins)
Middlesborough - 90 mins (324 mins)
Middlesborough - 10 mins (334 mins)
Luton - 75 mins (409 mins)
Leicester - 90 mins (499 mins)

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fysnkysc

I think once van ewijk is fit, Kelly won’t touch a ball outside of training and cup games, Eccles will be benched and be the replacement.

Tommo1993

And I know there’s a lot of European football fans on here. Those players who we’ve signed from overseas need to learn fast that in this country, players want a piece of you. Your highlight reels are full of dog shit defenders. MVE looked shocked when he was immediately challenged.

Grendel

It's gonna be like kane dabo all over again. So predictable

Oh dear

I was one of Dabos biggest defenders on here last season so give the veiled racist shit a rest. The fact you think the subject is something to trivialise says a lot about you

Fysnkysc

Honestly we can hang our heads high, we just went toe to toe with the favourites to win the league, we was very unfortunate that godden couldn’t finish today another day we could have been 4-0 up.
Anyway we go again next Saturday.

Cov98

Was always going to be an uphill battle when Leicester found their feet given the quality they have. Dewsbury Hall showed what good finishing can do. If we'd taken our chances we come out of that with a win and regardless of what anyone says, to play like that and probably deserve to win against a prem team that won the fucking league not long ago really shows how far we've come. Play like that and we'll do very well this season.

Martin180

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

JPG77

Deserved to win, missed great changes, we move on, we won't play against better this season. We will be fine, after watching today playoffs is a certainty

fatso

He doesn’t play CM though.
I have a feeling he will this season, I can see us playing 2 strikers. (Another quick striker required,) So the midfielders will be 3 of, Hamer, Sheaf, Palmer, O'hare, Sakamoto, Eccles and Kelly.
Hence no need to strengthen.

Johnnythespider

We needed that second goal when we were on top, gave them the runaround for the first 30 in the second half, the subs changed the game and bought them back into it, we need to bring on a better replacement for Hamer and if he goes we need 2 to come in, Eccles did well and I thought Godden had a decent game. It's a harsh result and they will feel relieved, we deserved at least a point.

Hertsccfc

Subs cost us. But would you want to come on into that? That was like record breaking basketball match. Of course Kelly's gonna look slow he was up and 3 charging at him.

MVE looked very poor. Wright looked like he's gonna be a very exciting player.

Overall I'm really proud of us actually. I'm gutted we lost but there will he thousands of champions fans watching that thinking, shit Cov are gonna be up there.

Ps people calling for Eccles off at ht. Behave. He had mavidi in his pocket and the subs meant we let him run riot
Agreed. Eccles was excellent and we really missed him when he went off. I am confident MvE will be great but he didn't look ready. Wright did though and if that shot that hit the bar had gone in I think we would have probably got a third.

Users who are viewing this thread