Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Palmer definitely improving as the game’s gone on. Simms just doesn’t seem to be playing with confidence which is surprising considering he has good experience at this level last season and a decent preseason. Bobby Thomas making a good first impression and a great save at the end. Feel like we’re playing our way into the game hopefully a good talk from Robins can kick us up a notch or two which I think is all it will take based on Leicesters first half performance.
Are you lost?

Gint11

Good half. Leicester having the ball as expected but havent hurt us until the shot at the end.
We look dangerous going forward.
Impressed with Bobby T and Palmer is looking lively.

Simms looking good overall for me. Making good runs and taking the ball well but looks rusty. Can’t quite get shots off. That will come.

Happy so far.

Jamesimus

Our bench is more expensive than the starting 11, would be nice for a couple of the new lads to come on and change the game.

Skybluedownunder

Half time opinion…

That Mavididi seems to be very dangerous
I’d change Da Silva to Bidwell, just doesn’t seem to be working down the left and he often gets left out of position and not running back quick enough
Dewksbury-Hall seems to be their Hamer, a lot of play seems to be going through him so need to get closer to him

Overall good performance, not out of our depth by any means but they’ve had far more chances.

Would like to see van Ewijk come on around the 55 min mark and give him a good run out

Give Wright the last 20 mins to have a crack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve101

Encouraging signs. Back 3 have been very good, especially Bobby Thomas. He has been superb. Simms is struggling. Would be thinking of Wright if things don't improve. Eccles caught out a few times too but tough opponent. Hamer's passing is effortless. Nice to see Wilson looking strong.

vin10

Give Simms a fucking chance. Vic was a phenom, we have to adjust as a team and play differently as such.

We’re doing okay.. the back four are solid so far.
We have to get wide men on to get it in the box...he has less pace than godden so this way of playing making him look poor

fatso

Yes, are you or have you forgotten you're not watching Gyokeres?
I've watched him closely, and he's had a very poor half.

Nothing to do with Gyokeres at all, no idea why you'd mention him.

If you took your sky blue tinted glasses off you'd have to admit he's been poor.

shmmeee

Yes, I know. That's how she's saying it. And as a Dutch national, Ms Meulensteen would probably know how to pronounce it corrently.

Why are you challenging me when I'm saying the same as you ?

<shakes head>Too many on here just want any reason to start an argument. Congratulations, you won today's forum prize.

What? I was agreeing with you!

ptr

I think when he changes it, he will have Eccles go in the middle and push Hamer up. Godden will come off for Milan so he can go right back.

Then Kelly will eventually come on for Eccles and Wright for Palmer.

Then Sakamoto for Hamer later on and Bidwell for Dasilva.

ITK

Fysnkysc

First half thoughts:

sheaf is not up to the same speed as last season.
eccles rb is so risky

Either godden or simms need to stay further up countless times we had palmer 10 yards ahead of them,

cov look so much better with hamer in the ball driving foward I would love to see another cdm in so hamer can just do what he wants

djr8369

Bit rusty but we’ve been solid against one of the leagues strongest sides. It’s a bit painful watching Simms play the Gyok role but as we adapt I’m sure he’ll score a fair few.

Terry_dactyl

Simms been hit and miss. I think he might look better with a big lad (Wright) alongside him.
Decent half, especially as some of our best players might be on the bench.
Positive stuff.

Fysnkysc

Can't beat writing of some players already half way through an opening day away game at the league favourites. Never fucking change.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
We’re fucking idiots, booing Doyle, people wonder why we never sign our loans.

PVA

I think Leicester will win the league, so I'm quite pleased with that half really.

Thomas and Latibeaudiere look good, Dasilva too.

Simms was poor but nothing was coming off for him, there's definitely a player in there.

Palmer started slowly but grew into it and was involved in everything good we did.

Garlana86

First half thoughts:

sheaf is not up to the same speed as last season.
eccles rb is so risky

Either godden or simms need to stay further up countless times we had palmer 10 yards ahead of them,

cov look so much better with hamer in the ball driving foward I would love to see another cdm in so hamer can just do what he wants
I'd like to add another positive, Thomas has been solid. Really looks handy.

Paul Anthony

Impressed with Thomas so far, looks to be a solid defender and not bad on the ball.
Simms and Godden isn't working, doesn't feel like there's enough pace between them to worry Leicester, and they're too deep.

stay_up_skyblues

Thomas looks mustard. Decent half. Simms struggling but probably gets past lesser defenders with a couple of those runs. Godden seems to be playing the support striker like last season, to no great effect, so may as well stick Wright on.

ptr

And yes I completely agree Simms has been off it. However, it’s clear he wants to be a 9 in the box with a runner around him. Godden is not a runner. Wright and Simms will be a right handful at this level.

fatso

Can't beat writing of some players already half way through an opening day away game at the league favourites. Never fucking change.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
No ones writing anyone off, seriously wtaf are you talking about.

You do realise you are allowed to say someone has had a poor half ffs

HadjiChippo

If Leicester are planning to play high possession/high press football, they’re gonna need a better ball playing goalkeeper than that, shame we don’t look quite at the fitness level yet to apply enough pressure to him because there’s definitely a few mistakes in him

SkyblueTexan

Eccles and Godden off.

Van and Haji on.
Eccles has been decent although they are targeting that side quite often. Simms control has been disappointing and he should have gotten shots off instead of trying to pass. Wilson and Thomas have been great so far. Palmer should have scored. I’d take Godden off for Wright. Good half overall from us.

Grendel

I've watched him closely, and he's had a very poor half.

Nothing to do with Gyokeres at all, no idea why you'd mention him.

If you took your sky blue tinted glasses off you'd have to admit he's been poor.

He’s receiving the ball wide all the time which is not I suspect how he’s used to playing. Godden has struggled to be involved and the support from palmer has been typically hit and miss

We could have scored a couple of times (palmer should have put godden in and his other shot) and simms was involved centrally on both occasions

duffer

To me, it looks a bit like Simms is running the wrong channel a lot of the time. Coming in from the left isn't going to work if he's not happy having a swing at it with his left peg.. their defence has got him sussed at the moment.

Too early to worry too much, imho, and to getting to half-time nil-nil is fair enough.

stupot07

Been second best most of the half but happy to get in 0-0.

The formation isn't working, Ndidi and McAteer are high and wide making us defend as a back 5 then, Hamer and Sheaf having to cover the whole of the midfield with Simms, Palmer and Godden stood up front. That said we look ok on the break when we ping a long ball.

Wilson's made 2 good saves.

Thomas has been our best player by a country mile.

We've played with a good level of aggression though.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

We're doing ok here, they've had one real chance at the end of the hall, Thomas playing well, left side looks a little shaky with Da Silva getting caught out of position a couple of times, we can win this.

usskyblue

0-0 at HT away at Leicester.
Back 4 look good.
Thomas is looking exceptional.
Started creating some chances

Yeah, we’re rusty, there’s plenty of wayward passes, poor first touches and questionable decisions… so there’s plenty of justification for a moan here or there but fuckme it’s the first 45 minutes of the season, away at the league favorites.

Some people on here need to fucking relax

Users who are viewing this thread