Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (1 Viewer)

edgy

So Wright starts but Van Ewijk might not be ready, very odd.

I didnt say Van Ewijk may not be ready. I said if he's not then Sakamoto could play there. Same as Godden could replace Wright.

It's just a guess at the starting XI, nothing deeper than that.

TomRad85

just seen on their board, some joker reckons our are taking an inflatable helicopter!! I hope to fuck that's not happening such a sick thing to do, maybe one of their's trying to stir the shit
About as believable as hoying bottles of piss at Sunderland fans. Much like the Mackem cunts they are probably just projecting as its the kind of thing them happy clapping gremlins would do.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I didnt say Van Ewijk may not be ready. I said if he's not then Sakamoto could play there. Same as Godden could replace Wright.

It's just a guess at the starting XI, nothing deeper than that.

Sorry for being pedantic, "but may not be ready" "might not be ready" "if he's not ready to start "

All mean the same thing. 🥴

cstring82

Just don’t want to lose to the fookers.

Work with enough of them which is bad enough, only saving grace was their relegation after we lost the final.

They’ve said they keep the ball well but don’t do much else with it so here’s hoping.

Going for a draw in this one

kg82

Still very reliant on Vardy and he’s 37 in January 🤔
the simpsons teeth GIF
Vardy vs Fadz

Offhegoes

Collins
Thomas Fadz Lati
Sakamoto Eccles Hamer Sheaf DaSilva
Godden Simms

Wilson
Binks
Bidwell
Van Ewijk
Kelly
Palmer
Howley
Wright
Obikwu
Palmer has been the best player in pre-season. He's a certain starter.
Hard to judge this one. Leicester have a new manager, and have had a poor pre season. They still have a great squad, but how many of those want to be there?
We will have at least 6 new players in the starting X1. Got a feeling Sakamoto is going to cause them some real problems whether starting, or coming off the bench. 1-2 (To City)

Mr Panda

Will be interesting to see how this one goes because to my knowledge it doesn’t really look like they’ve replaced the creativity they lost in Maddison/Tielemans. I don’t see Winks providing that

That isn’t to say they haven’t got players that can still hurt us but I think we’re playing these guys at the best possible time whilst they’re still in their transition period.

procdoc

I’d be a bit more pragmatic in this game.
I’d love us to play an attacking lineup but would t want to risk going a couple of goals down within the first 20 mins.
I’d start with Wilson in goal, he deserves to play. Then my back three would be Thomas, Fadz and Lati.
At wingback I’d start van Ewijk for his pace and Bidwell for his defensive capabilities. Also with Wilson, Fadz and Bidwell you have some familiarity in the defensive areas from last season.
Midfield is the most intriguing for me. Palmer has had a good pre-season, however I’d go with the three of Sheaf, Kelly and Hamer. The reasoning behind this is that we will no doubt have to spend a lot of time without the ball and Kelly is excellent at organising.
up front I would start Simms and Godden. They have started every pre-season game together and throwing Wright straight in (if he’s available) alongside Simms would not be my choice.
That leaves us with a good, creative substitutes bench. Palmer, Sakamoto, Wright (if available), Dasilva and Eccles can all make a difference if required to do so

CDK

Even Stevens this one, the team that is better both ends of the pitch will win this.pusb

Ian1779

Going to be in the middle of an 8 hour drive to Aviemore, so will listen to the dulcet tones of whatever random EFL journeyman they roll
out on Talksport.
I’m going for a 2-1 win

CBS16

I’d love us to play an attacking lineup but would t want to risk going a couple of goals down within the first 20 mins.
I’d start with Wilson in goal, he deserves to play. Then my back three would be Thomas, Fadz and Lati.
At wingback I’d start van Ewijk for his pace and Bidwell for his defensive capabilities. Also with Wilson, Fadz and Bidwell you have some familiarity in the defensive areas from last season.
Midfield is the most intriguing for me. Palmer has had a good pre-season, however I’d go with the three of Sheaf, Kelly and Hamer. The reasoning behind this is that we will no doubt have to spend a lot of time without the ball and Kelly is excellent at organising.
up front I would start Simms and Godden. They have started every pre-season game together and throwing Wright straight in (if he’s available) alongside Simms would not be my choice.
That leaves us with a good, creative substitutes bench. Palmer, Sakamoto, Wright (if available), Dasilva and Eccles can all make a difference if required to do so
Agree with this, except I'd go Palmer over Godden to help get control of midfield. Palmer will be well up for it after a frustrating end to last season. He's capable of bringing van ewijk Hamer and simms very much into play and is a goal threat himself. Wright Sakamoto Godden all great options from the bench

procdoc

Agree with this, except I'd go Palmer over Godden to help get control of midfield. Palmer will be well up for it after a frustrating end to last season. He's capable of bringing van ewijk Hamer and simms very much into play and is a goal threat himself. Wright Sakamoto Godden all great options from the bench
It’s a fair point and I know leaving Palmer out would be very harsh considering how good he’s looked all pre-season.

Johhny Blue

Agree with most except the brain fart re Palmer. You might as well drop Robins

procdoc

Agree with most except the brain fart re Palmer. You might as well drop Robins
Why is it a brain fart? Sheaf, Hamer and Kelly helped take us to the playoff final with pragmatic displays against Middlesbrough. Palmer does deserve to start but Leicester are a good side who will test us defensively

Gibbo

No idea what team altho the logic in Procdoc's submission is pretty good.

Fair chance some players we fully expect to be superseded later in the season may well start - Wilson, Bidwell & Godden. Bidwell in particular - McFadz has got to have someone he knows in the back line.

Even so, sadly it's a defeat 2-0.

Users who are viewing this thread