Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (2 Viewers)

Nuskyblue

Reckon he’s brave enough to give Wright 45 minutes at least?
I think he'll start, he was a handful despite looking like he had no idea where the end of his legs were (see Vic's Bambi on ice comparisons). Also, what a save (I think live) for the shot that hit the bar. He is a player.

Greggs

Front 3 of Godden, Simms and Wright looks terrifying.................... 1 donkey, 1 sprinter and 1 poser. Dug Out.

Nuskyblue

Mate, when you were 15 maybe, did it occur to you that, when shooting with your weaker foot, you were likely to whack it at the goalie, at around his height of diving. The first thing you adapt is either 'toe poke' it to other corner or feign and get it on your best foot. The guys in his mid twenties mate.
Or pummel it into the bottom corner, near or far. As a rule you aim away from the ugly c**t trying to stop you from scoring.

Brighton Sky Blue

What a twat. Name and shame him if you know him
If a guy’s got arrested for doing that then it’s completely ridiculous.
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Offhegoes

Still so pissed off we lost this, even a draw would have felt a bit disappointing.

Hopefully bounce back vs Middlesbrough at the weekend.
Yep, pissed off, but we bossed that game, and and all the new signings looked good.
Think Boro will be in for a tough afternoon next Saturday.

Saddlebrains

Those saying we need amother midfielder in the Gus mould i agree. Just one caveat though

Where the fuck does the money come from for that? There's not enough left in the kitty for that kind of quality.

shmmeee

Those saying we need amother midfielder in the Gus mould i agree. Just one caveat though

Where the fuck does the money come from for that? There's not enough left in the kitty for that kind of quality.

What have we got? Maybe £4m? I’d pick up a couple of younger players abroad or lower league for £1-2m. Then when we sell O’Hare next year for £10m get a proper replacement in if they haven’t come off.

Evo1883

What have we got? Maybe £4m? I’d pick up a couple of younger players abroad or lower league for £1-2m. Then when we sell O’Hare next year for £10m get a proper replacement in if they haven’t come off.

Surely a couple of Spanish lads that need a solid move

Great_Expectations

Obviously disappointing to lose, but plenty of positives to take from that.

We looked good and our counter attacking style is still promising even without Vik, while we also played football more. If we have the ability to do both this year it’s a big big positive.

It is game one with several new players plus seemingly a few not up to speed yet - fitness or tactics wise.

Excited for things to click together and to see how exciting we’ll be.

Greggs

Encouraging signs though

thought Eccles was good today but we need to get some minutes into MVE

Bobby and Joel were very good
shame we spent 2 million on a defense that played well, yet 15 millioon on 2 shit forwards......

Blind-Faith

If we can pick Hamer up for £1.2m or what ever it was, even with inflation you’d like to think we could get someone in again, for around £3m

Trouble being, we won’t have heard of him and we might not get lucky again 🤷🏻‍♂️

Peter Billing Eyes

People getting hot under the collar about narrowly losing to a team who have maintained a lot of their prem players and are favourite for promotion. We can afford to give teams a five game head start, we’ll sort it, we have amazing coaching staff, cracking fans, plus a stadium and a pitch from the get-go this season.

If the match today was at the CBS, we would have walloped them.

ccfc1234

Just watched the game as was in an airport when the match was being played.
Not sure with subs today. We make 3 and we concede 2 goals. Not sure they were the right players to change but it's difficult for management but Godden should have been taken off for Weight.

Martin180

Just watched the game as was in an airport when the match was being played.
Not sure with subs today. We make 3 and we concede 2 goals. Not sure they were the right players to change but it's difficult for management but Godden should have been taken off for Weight.
Could've took either off , even both , but Godden was linking better and getting in decent areas . Pity he made such a bollocks of those chances
Gus was struggling and Eccles had ran himself into the ground playing their best player off the park

Buno74

Leicester fan living in the Cov area. Only jumped on here as had some Cov mates showing me some posts on this forum after I’ve got back from the game. I personally thought a draw would’ve been a fair result. We had the first half but you did have a 15/20 minute spell after you scored when you could have put the game to bed. Defensively I thought you set up very well and were only undone by two very good goals. Great ball in and a great header. Might be a little justified criticism on the second for not getting tight enough in the box in regard to allowing a few short passes but it was a cracking finish nevertheless. I can see you being there and thereabouts come the end of the season along with a few others. Having some very good friends who are Cov fans I genuinely hope you are up there come the end of season. (Obviously not quite as well as hopefully we do!) But after all the shit you’ve been through with SISU and the Wasps and having to play at different grounds, hopefully your lucks on the turn! Anyway! Love in over and as you all well know the Championship is a marathon not a sprint!!!

Martin180

Leicester fan living in the Cov area. Only jumped on here as had some Cov mates showing me some posts on this forum after I’ve got back from the game. I personally thought a draw would’ve been a fair result. We had the first half but you did have a 15/20 minute spell after you scored when you could have put the game to bed. Defensively I thought you set up very well and were only undone by two very good goals. Great ball in and a great header. Might be a little justified criticism on the second for not getting tight enough in the box in regard to allowing a few short passes but it was a cracking finish nevertheless. I can see you being there and thereabouts come the end of the season along with a few others. Having some very good friends who are Cov fans I genuinely hope you are up there come the end of season. (Obviously not quite as well as hopefully we do!) But after all the shit you’ve been through with SISU and the Wasps and having to play at different grounds, hopefully your lucks on the turn! Anyway! Love in over and as you all well know the Championship is a marathon not a sprint!!!
Very fair post
You've retained a lot of decent players and with Dewsbury-Hall have one of the best in the division. For me you need to keep Iniacho(sp) and defensively you need some pace but you've recruited well , hopefully we both get automatically promoted question is whether you'll be happy with runner ups 😁

Users who are viewing this thread