Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Reading Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Apr (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Think that's a bit harsh on BNC who had a good game going forwards last night and we need to go for this one. I realize he's impetuous and left some gaps last night, but think we need to gamble here.

We are better than Reading in all departments; fans, history, culture, proximity to London, so that's my justification.

How did he have a good game going forward? He can dribble a little bit but his final ball is appalling, his decision making woeful and his general execution of simple passes suspect.

Matt smith

Think that's a bit harsh on BNC who had a good game going forwards last night and we need to go for this one. I realize he's impetuous and left some gaps last night, but think we need to gamble here.

We are better than Reading in all departments; fans, history, culture, proximity to London, so that's my justification.
Rotation more than anything short turn around

Jamesimus

How did he have a good game going forward? He can dribble a little bit but his final ball is appalling, his decision making woeful and his general execution of simple passes suspect.

Pushed high up the pitch, took players on and tried to get crosses in. Thought he was largely decent and has improved with regular game time. He was up against a decent defence and did well for a young player.

PVA

Something ive noticed since probably Huddersfield away is how passionate Walker celebrates our goals. Pleasing to see.

Yes I have noticed the same.

As a bit part player who looks like he could leave at the season it would be easy for him to not be so interested, but fair play he goes fucking mad when we score.

Offhegoes

Yes I have noticed the same.

As a bit part player who looks like he could leave at the season it would be easy for him to not be so interested, but fair play he goes fucking mad when we score.
He's been a bit unlucky not to have at least a few starts this season. He got injured in October and only came back once Godden was back in the squad. He does look like he has a fire in his belly which he didn't have before. Don't think he will get a contract with us, and will almost certainly slip down to League 1 next season

GaryPendrysEyes

Can Godden (obv) finally step up and make something of Vik taking 2 defenders out the game?
Just offer something, anything resembling a threat to make defenders think twice.

Happy_Martian

Made my comments about Walker in the "City Unseen" video thread from QPR.

Something has changed with his attitude and I'm really happy to see it. Comments made about his participation in the celebrations is one thing but it's what he is doing on the pitch as well that has encouraged me. Past few games, when he's had the chance to be on the pitch, he has been far more involved in the penalty area and 6 yard box instead of 18 yards behind play as he has been seen to be. He and Vik could be a formidable strike duo if they're given enough time to work together.

He definitely deserves a start or at least more than a last 10 minutes guest appearance slot. Bring him on after 60mins when the opposition defence are getting tired.

stay_up_skyblues

Expecting a totally different game to last night where we set out to be more counter attacking than usual.

We should have a lot more of the ball and so hopefully create more for the front two and play it to their feet/through to them. When Godden is played as a quasi target man he is practically anonymous (albeit puts a shift in). Less long ball please!

The very definition of shit or bust and so we need to go for it. Im sure he will and expect JWE to come in for Bidwell. I would also stick an even 80% fit Jamie Allen in as the gap between midfield and the front two is glaring.

Also need the big crowd to be on it and not full of nerves. You could feel it against Stoke and I think it genuinely does impact the players (who were still shite on the day of course).

Adge

Kelly in from the Start for me after last nights display. The door has been left open for us the last 2-3 weeks but we just can’t walk through it. Last chance saloon but very confident we will get the 3 points.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Same starting line up from last night, but Walker in place of Godden and Allen/Kelly for Sheaf assuming he's definitely out.
They're fighting for their lives, but must win for us
So not the same starting line up then ;)

Agree with the changes, though I expect Godden will keep his place as MR seems to love him/hate Walker.

Reactions: AOM

napolimp

This is going to be very interesting. Readings likely starting line up has scored a total of 16 goals this season. They are the worst side in the league away from home, and have one of the leagues lowest total goal counts. I think we can assume they are going to sit back and try and defend out a draw. We are going to get chances, but can we take them? I feel like Gyok is due a couple, but would be happy with anyone popping up for a 1-0.

Don't want to see Allen for another week, as he'll probably just get injured again. Kelly should start.

Matt smith

This is going to be very interesting. Readings likely starting line up has scored a total of 16 goals this season. They are the worst side in the league away from home, and have one of the leagues lowest total goal counts. I think we can assume they are going to sit back and try and defend out a draw. We are going to get chances, but can we take them? I feel like Gyok is due a couple, but would be happy with anyone popping up for a 1-0.

Don't want to see Allen for another week, as he'll probably just get injured again. Kelly should start.
Don’t say that 😂😂

DannyThomas_1981

Give the kid a break Fernando.
3 huge games coming up and for me being anyone near the play offs is beyond all expectations - we're in dreamland.
Let's support all of the lads wearing the shirt. Nothing else is important.

skybluepm2

epitomized when he inexplicably dribbled the ball out of play midway through the second half. Had a couple of half decent moments towards the end of the game, but not enough to warrant him starting as our first choice in that position once again. Time to stick Dabo back in me thinks.

rexo87

Wilson

Cuffy Mcnally Doyle Bidwell

Allen Kelly Hamer

JWE Walker Vik

It's rogue but here's the theory. Eccles looked knackered yesterday after half time so hoping Allen can come in for him.

Kelly is probably going to have to come in but having 3 CBs plus Kelly when you are going to spend a lot of time in possession of the ball is not the way to go.

No chance this will happen and it will likely be just JWE in for Bidwell and Kelly for Sheaf but in that case we are just going to have no link from midfield to attack and will look disjointed again.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Jonny Barton

Biggest game since play off final I would think.

Be tempted to start Kelly if Sheaf is out

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Otis

Yup, I can see this being a very tight game. Reading in dire need of points to pull them clear of the bottom 3.

I think we should just scrape through. 1-0. I don't think it will be pretty though.

Late penalty. Wilson to take it.

clint van damme

epitomized when he inexplicably dribbled the ball out of play midway through the second half. Had a couple of half decent moments towards the end of the game, but not enough to warrant him starting as our first choice in that position once again. Time to stick Dabo back in me thinks.

I'm not sure about Dabo, I'm his biggest admirer but he's turned I some really poor performances this season and there are still question marks about his fitness.
Generally, our wing backs have been below par this season, no matter who's been wearing the shirt.

David O'Day

I'm not sure about Dabo, I'm his biggest admirer but he's turned I some really poor performances this season and there are still question marks about his fitness.
Generally, our wing backs have been below par this season, no matter who's been wearing the shirt.
he utter shite last time he started a few games

bnc has been much than he was

Esoterica

They're in the bottom 3 with 3 games of the season left. Can they realistically afford to play for a draw? Their last 2 fixtures are 6 pointers against Wigan and Huddersfield so I'm hoping they see us as free hit and go for it.

Evo1883

Not too bad for a Friday morning

on course for the largest home attendance of the season
Screenshot_20230421_090938_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread