Match Thread ⚽️ Burnley vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 14th Jan (3 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

Going to this one so a win is guaranteed
1-3 City win.
PUSB

shmmeee

We need to go there and park the bus five at the back and four in midfield just leave Vik running around up front, absolutely take the piss with time wasting from the first minute drying the ball for throw ins and passing it onto the next man to take, the sort of rubbish these teams are doing to us every week, goalkeeper needs to takes ages with everything no goalkeeper has ever had two yellow cards for time wasting as far as I know.

Absolutely strangle the life out of the game.

Lose three nil😉

ProfessorbyGrace

I can’t see us strangling their attack, not without Fadz leading the defence. His presence is sorely missed. We’re not the best at shithousery, but I think if we frustrate them, close down, tight marking, we may be able to catch them on the counter.

If we turn up, 0-0 or 1-1. If we don’t, well, could be a bit of a hammering.

lord_garrincha

I was disappointed with our performance at home with Burnley and felt that we did not engage with them, in fear of getting a battering and gave them an easy afternoon.

Probably be something similar in a 0-2 defeat.

slowpoke

When we got embarrassed all those years ago at Sutton United our next league game was Norwich City away who I think were top or very near of division one, coincidently Sutton had been drawn away to Norwich in the next round. We won 2-1,as they say footballs a funny old game, so I’ll go for a 2-0 City win.

Ann Proctor-Brown

When we got embarrassed all those years ago at Sutton United our next league game was Norwich City away who I think were top or very near of division one, coincidently Sutton had been drawn away to Norwich in the next round. We won 2-1,as they say footballs a funny old game, so I’ll go for a 2-0 City win.
Yes i was at both games and speedie scored the winner at norwich.

slowpoke

Don't think FA Cup yellows count in league, but reds do... could be wrong....
Unfortunately they do, the FA Cup is under FA jurisdiction like league games, if players get booked or sent-off in European competitions they only miss European matches.

Paxman II

It's one of those games where the home side is due a defeat and we are due a surpise victory.
But our defense is a real issue I'm afraid.

Cata

Unfortunately they do, the FA Cup is under FA jurisdiction like league games, if players get booked or sent-off in European competitions they only miss European matches.
sorry only reds get carried over to the EFL

skybluelee

And Norwich then smashed Sutton 8-0 or something in the next round.

Cata

didn't we concede from 2 corners? haven't we come a long way?

Covkid1968#

Will get Nothing from this…. However should we fluke a win…,The March to the Arch is back on.

Frostie

No.
Yellow cards only count for the competition they are received in. Suspensions for red cards work across both though.

PVA

Hopefully we can get a CB in before the weekend, ideally one who is able to slot straight in and not need minutes to build fitness!

Tommo1993

4-1 Burnley. Will probably be a bit disappointed on Saturday morning to not be going, but happy with the decision come 5pm - probably earlier.

Brighton Sky Blue

I would start him with Wilson, one of them on the team sheet as an outfield player. Just tell them both to stand in the goal and hopefully we'll concede less.

It's a very hard game, and the players are mentally weak. They've probably lost in their heads already.
It's more of an FA Cup tie than the one they shat the bed for against Conference crap last weekend

Users who are viewing this thread