Match Thread ⚽️ Blackpool vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 18th Mar (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

What a day. Stopped off in Preston before the game, met a few PNE fans who asked us to thump the Donkey Lashers. Met an old school City psycho, who had lost his drinking buddies in a pub in Blackpool. Match ( enough said) then back to Preston pub to be greeted like heroes by same locals. Sang songs all the way home. Got off coach by my house, to be growled at by my dog (wife taking him for a walk) until he realised it was me🙄. If Carlsberg did days out👍⚽

Evo1883

Not sure who says nothing, but there have been some very executable chances he has missed lately. In that sense he offers less than he should.
Matty godden XG per 90 is 0.5 and he's actually sitting on 0.4 .

Your argument that he's missing some very executable chances barely holds weight

He's also scored more goals per 90 this season than players like Brereton , josh sargent and Joel piroe ..

Last edited:

Evo1883

Anyway , I've had a great day and I don't want to ruin it arguing with people about players..

I 4-1 need some sleep

Hutch11

What a day. Stopped off in Preston before the game, met a few PNE fans who asked us to thump the Donkey Lashers. Met an old school City psycho, who had lost his drinking buddies in a pub in Blackpool. Match ( enough said) then back to Preston pub to be greeted like heroes by same locals. Sang songs all the way home. Got off coach by my house, to be growled at by my dog (wife taking him for a walk) until he realised it was me🙄. If Carlsberg did days out👍⚽
Nice to see you there Harry , just got in from a wonderful night out in the shit hole that is Blackpool , what a fuckin dump but pissed as a fart and happy as Larry
E I, E I , E I , E I O

Sky Blue Harry H

Nice to see you there Harry , just got in from a wonderful night out in the shit hole that is Blackpool , what a fuckin dump but pissed as a fart and happy as Larry
E I, E I , E I , E I O
Great to see you too mate. Some weird results in the Championship went for us too. Won't be at the Stoke game, as have to take my lad to Leeds University, but catch up soon(y)

ovduk78

Quite proud that robins and fadz came out and said second penalty was a penalty and we got lucky.
Wenger - didn’t see it
Ferguson - didn’t see it

Shows a sort of footballing fairness class
Robins has always been class and fair in after match comments. I remember when we played Bristol Rovers in L1 and their manager was either unwell or off for family reasons the 1st thing he talked about was hoping he was ok.

Kieranp96

Those mentioning vik should of been sent off, agree it was aggressive and some refs would have sent off, but did no one see the guy try get hamer off the ball with his arm in face just before our 4th?

fatso

You must think Robins is clueless for being the one who actually started him then?
Both players had a good game - ffs.
Where did I say Robins was clueless ffs???

I'm sure Walker got a start because Godden needed a rest after so many games since coming back from a lay off.

walker did OK, but Godden was a step up in class. (As he usually is)
when all our squad was fit, (Inc Waghorn and Tavares) Walker was 5th choice striker.

my guess is he will be in league 1 next year which is his level imo. That's not disrespecting him, it's just a fact.
I certainly can't understand the clamour for him to start.

why is that so hard for you to grasp???

stupot07

Where did I say Robins was clueless ffs???

I'm sure Walker got a start because Godden needed a rest after so many games since coming back from a lay off.

walker did OK, but Godden was a step up in class. (As he usually is)
when all our squad was fit, (Inc Waghorn and Tavares) Walker was 5th choice striker.

my guess is he will be in league 1 next year which is his level imo. That's not disrespecting him, it's just a fact.
I certainly can't understand the clamour for him to start.

why is that so hard for you to grasp???

Godden scored a decent goal set up on a plate for him, against a team 3-1 down pushing to try and get back into it game stretched and leaving 2v2 at the back. I wouldn't say he was a step up in class from Walker.

Walker did well yesterday.

There is no way Walker is behind Taveres

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Offhegoes

Thought Walker was excellent yesterday, certainly first half. Made good runs and was heavily involved in all our best attacking moves. He faded a bit 2nd half but that’s to be expected after so little football this season. Hope Robins starts him against Stoke in 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread