Match Thread ⚽️ Blackpool vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 18th Mar (1 Viewer)

ProfessorbyGrace

Gus isn't a 10, that midfield could work in a 6 and 2 8's system though
This is what I mean, unless he’s actually tried and failed in that role (which I don’t actually know if he has) then it could be worth trying it for a half. He’s got the same kind of tireless energy that COH has, and a greater attacking attributes.

Just postulating, really.

ProfessorbyGrace

I think more likely you'd have Sheaf sitting and Eccles and Hamer given license to get forward more either side of him.
Interesting, I didn’t think about that. I don’t have the most tactical brain though, in truth.

fernandopartridge

I think it'd be Sheaf, like the other night.

Robins has said Eccles is capable of playing further forward too.

I don't think it's necessarily any named individual sitting (Sheaf didn't really the other night) they might just rotate between them

Offhegoes

I think their 6-1 win on Tuesday might just help us as they'll come out and play instead of sitting back and nullifying our passing game.

Hopeful for 3 points..

It's typical City though. They give us hope of the playoffs, then play crap for a few games to piss on our chips. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I think that result might actually be to our advantage. They'll come at us instead of looking for a scrappy 1-0 win, and that will leave space for our counter attacks. Have a feeling we might maul them. 0-3 City.

Kieranp96

If robins don’t learns from that Wigan and hull games we get turned over here, a team fighting for their life is a lot more dangerous

Last edited:

Yank

I think their 6-1 win on Tuesday might just help us as they'll come out and play instead of sitting back and nullifying our passing game.

Hopeful for 3 points..

It's typical City though. They give us hope of the playoffs, then play crap for a few games to piss on our chips. :ROFLMAO:
This club has made me way too angry over the years for sure lol, even more than the American pro teams I follow haha.Call me crazy but I have a different feeling about this group of players though. 2-0 City Vik with a brace.

Sky Blue Harry H

I other robins learns from that Wigan and hill games or we get turned over here, a team fighting for their life is a lot more dangerous

Somebody several pints in at Blackpool already?

#dontdrinkandpost

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Madine has done his ACL.

He terrorised us last game.
We didn't have a fit striker for that game. Palmer a libero false 9 !!

Blackpool seemd to create all their chances from set pieces or moves out wide. Keep corners/free kicks to a minimum.

SkyBlueSoul

Just watched the Blackpool v QPR highlights and feel a bit better. They didn't really have to work for any of their goals, the first 3 especially were absolute gifts.

blunted

Think they will throw the kitchen sink at us in the opening 20 mins. Need to win the midfield, so would play Hamer, Sheaf and Eccles and quieten their crowd. Need to try and not give away too many corners or free kicks around our area. We never seem to do well up there but we are better than QPR

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wilson
McNally
Fadz
Doyle
Bidwell
Dabo
Sheaf
Eccles
Hamer
Maguire
Gyokeres

Moore, Panzo, Burroughs, JWE, BNC, Godden, Walker

Gone for Maguire because I think he's the most likely to be able to either play next to Vic or drop a bit deeper. If it didn't work out I'd give Walker a chance ahead of Godden.

I think as long as we don't let them get a lead in the first 20mins we should hopefully win.

CCFC54321

Wilson
McNally
Fadz
Doyle
Bidwell
Dabo
Sheaf
Eccles
Hamer
Maguire
Gyokeres

Moore, Panzo, Burroughs, JWE, BNC, Godden, Walker

Gone for Maguire because I think he's the most likely to be able to either play next to Vic or drop a bit deeper. If it didn't work out I'd give Walker a chance ahead of Godden.

I think as long as we don't let them get a lead in the first 20mins we should hopefully win.
We picked that side today at work. All of us agreed robins will go with a four man midfield with hamer and maguire behind gyokeres.

I personally think hamer would be fantastic playing slightly behind gyokeres. I think hamers a better forward style midfielder than a deep holding type although he does the role well.

Seymour_East

Hamer due a goal, big Vik to run them wild and McFadz to keep order at the back. We deserve a win after the attacking displays of the last two games. Blackpool back down to earth.

Users who are viewing this thread