Transfer Rumour Žan Vipotnik (1 Viewer)

edgy

JimmyHillsbeard

I spend quite a lot of time in Slovenia. Vip is a promising player but he’s only played 4 international games and is far from the finished article. There has been *no* speculation there of a link to England - at least until the last day or so when they noticed the transfer bants from fans online. He was supposed to be going to Celtic until they lost their manager, then there was some noise about Rangers.

The first time he came up on this site, it was pointed out that he would fall far short of the immigration points necessary to get a work permit in England. That system may now be under challenge but Maribor to the Championship would be a massive step up for him.

Personally he’s the sort of player I’d love to take a punt on but (he might be another Tavares or McBean and fail to get off the bench) and there’s no sign in Slovenia that he’s about to go to England.

slowpoke

We need strikers, three if Vik leaves, he’s only 21 so could be ideal replacement for Walker now it’s a 20 man match day squad, but at the moment just another rumour.

edgy

I like the look of this lad. I know the opposition may not be the best, but you can see the movement, finishing and composure he shows. Good age, in good form.

napolimp

I know it's unlikely, but exactly the sort of player you want coming in under a model of buying young with potential, and selling a developed product down the line.

Winny the Bish

I spend quite a lot of time in Slovenia. Vip is a promising player but he’s only played 4 international games and is far from the finished article. There has been *no* speculation there of a link to England - at least until the last day or so when they noticed the transfer bants from fans online. He was supposed to be going to Celtic until they lost their manager, then there was some noise about Rangers.

The first time he came up on this site, it was pointed out that he would fall far short of the immigration points necessary to get a work permit in England. That system may now be under challenge but Maribor to the Championship would be a massive step up for him.

Personally he’s the sort of player I’d love to take a punt on but (he might be another Tavares or McBean and fail to get off the bench) and there’s no sign in Slovenia that he’s about to go to England.
Anyone in Slovenia we should be signing JHB? I know there is a keeper is very highly rated.

napolimp

This guy, Whittaker, Godden and Yates would be enough for next year.

I think Yates could do very well up front in terms of goal scoring, although I'm not really aware of his playing style and how it fits with our play. Don't think Godden and Whittaker are going to be enough as replacements though. Maybe a permanent - such as Yates, and a loan?

slowpoke

Yates is a work horse, pacy but does knock the goals in, been linked with a move to PNE though, on his door step but a move to. Preston wouldn’t be very well received by the Blackpool lot.

napolimp

Yates is a work horse, pacy but does knock the goals in, been linked with a move to PNE though, on his door step but a move to. Preston wouldn’t be very well received by the Blackpool lot.

There was that story about a bid from Leicester last week as well?

JimmyHillsbeard

Anyone in Slovenia we should be signing JHB? I know there is a keeper is very highly rated.

They have a reputation for goalkeepers similarly to England’s in the late 70s. They’ve produced three world class keepers in recent times (Handovic, Oblak and Belec) who would have walked into most WC squads.

As for outfield players the standard is tidy and technically good but players tend to leave Slovenia early to get tested on a grander scale. I thought Sporar did really well on his year loan from Sporting at Midddlesbro (he scored the only goal against us at their place) but he moved on to Greece rather than continuing to test himself in England.

JimmyHillsbeard

They have a reputation for goalkeepers similarly to England’s in the late 70s. They’ve produced three world class keepers in recent times (Handovic, Oblak and Belec) who would have walked into most WC squads.

As for outfield players the standard is tidy and technically good but players tend to leave Slovenia early to get tested on a grander scale. I thought Sporar did really well on his year loan from Sporting at Midddlesbro (he scored the only goal against us at their place) but he moved on to Greece rather than continuing to test himself in England.

And the international kit before last was a SkyBlue thing of beauty

Attachments

• IMG_6110.jpeg
    IMG_6110.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 27

SeaSeeEffCee

This seems to a rumour fuelled entirely by some bizarre anonymous Twitter accounts with barely any followers. Seriously doubt there is anything in it. Might even be his agent making all the accounts to try and generate interest.

napolimp

This seems to a rumour fuelled entirely by some bizarre anonymous Twitter accounts with barely any followers. Seriously doubt there is anything in it. Might even be his agent making all the accounts to try and generate interest.

Bit random to only name Coventry as the interested English club though, if you could name anyone because it's made up.

edgy

More than likely you are right.

I do enjoy these type of rumours though. Totally out of the blue, no-ones heard of them. They've got a good YouTube montage, which passes some time. You sit there and think, yeah, I could see this guy in Sky Blue. You see we are up against Leicester and Sunderland for his signature and you think, we can beat those wankers to him.

In reality though, you have to hope/think this is the type of player/signing we are looking for to replace Vik.

San Francisco

Don't think there'll be a lot of transfers over £1 million this window. Not enough money knocking around for most teams outside the relegated lot and Ipswich it seems.

fatso

Proof that we will get linked with anyone who's ever ventured into a penalty box.

It really is silly season right now

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

FFS. Clive took long enough to learn to pronounce “Gyokores”
Given Clive's trouble with names I reckon this will be the unveiling of the signing
Dr Robotnik Door GIF by Sonic The Hedgehog

Users who are viewing this thread