£61m of debt wiped out in latest CCFC accounts (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

we won't though will we? our average attendances will be 2 or 3k lower in the league (as well as the average ticket price) and we won't have had the 3 good cup runs (which presumably have prize money as well as the massive attendances) where we played Tottenham, Arsenal, away, Birmingham and Crewe (over 30k) at home and while we were struggling somewhat for sponsorship etc we hadn't alienated all local business like we have now and while of course the Wilson money is going to be alot more than we got that year we did get a mill for Bigi and there was a couple of other sales I think, Arsenal game must have been worth a mill alone.
Ticket price is pretty much the same, no match day increase is the only difference. Prize money is minimal at 3rd/4th round and Birmingham attendance was about 10k so not major, and without being privy to the deals you can't really say what difference there would be sponsorship. As you rightly point out Spurs and Arsenal would have been decent pay outs that year but I don't see why we couldn't get to around 5 and then with the Wilson fee we could be 4-5 million better off than the latest accounts.

I don't expect it to be as high but I don't see why we couldn't get to around 5-5.5 and then the Wilson money as a bonus on top.

Smaller clubs like Walsall manage to make a profit on 5k attendances so it isn't an unfeasible goal.

dongonzalos

This is what TF said in his statement:

(http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...ity-accounts-2316093.aspx#DoDoU3OUphtW85E6.99)

That went into the Headline of Simons article:

(http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-owners-sisu-wipe-8777372)

Right - so an amazing +£60m of debt has been wiped from the clubs account and converted to equity!

Then look at the accounts of the whole group (SBS&L + Otium), you will find that in 2013 the total group debt was just £47m.
Move to the left to 2014 and the group debt is now £40m.

Looking at the debt owed to sisu's initial investors (Sconset?) the debt is exactly the same in 2013 and 2014 (£28.6m).

So what are you saying Fisher has gone over the top about?
Has he exaggerated or misled anyone?

Or

Is it exactly as it says on the tin?

Noggin

Ticket price is pretty much the same,

I was more referring to those who brought their season tickets when at sixfields and those who brought sixfield season tickets when it was in the sun we'd agreed a deal to come back

Prize money is minimal at 3rd/4th round

sure but 50k's here and there add up.

and Birmingham attendance was about 10k so not major

cup attendances that year home/away were about 190k people compared to this years 30k and the average ticket prices for those would have been alot higher since they contain Tottenham and Arsenal.

, and without being privy to the deals you can't really say what difference there would be sponsorship.

I have no idea what difference there is in sponsorship other than that I expect it to be significantly lower since all sorts of sponsors deserted in their droves when we went to sixfields, people were contacting sponsors asking them to stop being involved with the club, I don't know what they have managed to regain but I'm very confident this is damage that is very hard to fix. How much merchandising revenue do you think there has been this year with almost nothing to buy? considering quite how much sisu have rammed down our throats how important revenue is they have seriously damaged almost every single source of it during that time, all entirely predictably.

I don't know what our revenue will be for this period but I'd be very surprised if it's similar to 12/13 even with the Wilson sale and even if it is it won't be sustainable since we don't have any big sales to come most likely.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I was more referring to those who brought their season tickets when at sixfields and those who brought sixfield season tickets when it was in the sun we'd agreed a deal to come back

sure but 50k's here and there add up.

cup attendances that year home/away were about 190k people compared to this years 30k and the average ticket prices for those would have been alot higher since they contain Tottenham and Arsenal.

I have no idea what difference there is in sponsorship other than that I expect it to be significantly lower since all sorts of sponsors deserted in their droves when we went to sixfields, people were contacting sponsors asking them to stop being involved with the club, I don't know what they have managed to regain but I'm very confident this is damage that is very hard to fix. How much merchandising revenue do you think there has been this year with almost nothing to buy? considering quite how much sisu have rammed down our throats how important revenue is they have seriously damaged almost every single source of it during that time, all entirely predictably.

I don't know what our revenue will be for this period but I'd be very surprised if it's similar to 12/13 even with the Wilson sale and even if it is it won't be sustainable since we don't have any big sales to come most likely.
How many had ticket at Sixfields, a few 100 at most? I'd also imagine merchandise revenue would be up on the Sixfields era even in depsite the lack of stock.

Not arguing with you on the cups, was just pointing out the Birmingham fixture was hardly significant.

Taking the Wilson sale into account, I'd expect it to be at least at the 12/13 levels. Walsall turnover 5 million on 5k attendances.

Noggin

How many had ticket at Sixfields, a few 100 at most?

There was 400 sold announced in May a couple of months before the season started, it's reasonable to assume about a fifth of this years season tickets were brought at sixfield prices imo.

I'd also imagine merchandise revenue would be up on the Sixfields era even in depsite the lack of stock.

of course but we are compareing 12/13 and this year both ricoh seasons.

rupert_bear

Read through this and my mind is now a blur, all sorts of figures and possibilities banded around. My take is as in anything everything has a price, sisu will have there's would love to sell for cash but might be prepared to move on for cash and extras based on success. So we need a moneybags new owner, such as what Manchester City have or Bournemouth or Southampton + one or two others. Are there any out there ? Well they were for those three and not so long ago. As I read it and I know there's more to come so i'll wait eagerly for that this splitting the debt up to 14 million and 49 million might just trigger something, you never know. One thing I am certain of is JS cannot continue to pay out around £200k a week from her business to sustain us. Now I'm no sisu lover and would love to see them ride into the sunset and we (the football club) start a new beginning, but they are here and control our destiny. She (JS) must now realise the present way our football club is run will continue to cost her business thousands of pounds A WEEK ! and is looking to counter act that, she cannot rely on us unearthing gems to sell on or drawing the likes of Arsenal or Manchester United away each season, she has to look for other ways.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Read through this and my mind is now a blur, all sorts of figures and possibilities banded around. My take is as in anything everything has a price, sisu will have there's would love to sell for cash but might be prepared to move on for cash and extras based on success. So we need a moneybags new owner, such as what Manchester City have or Bournemouth or Southampton + one or two others. Are there any out there ? Well they were for those three and not so long ago. As I read it and I know there's more to come so i'll wait eagerly for that this splitting the debt up to 14 million and 49 million might just trigger something, you never know. One thing I am certain of is JS cannot continue to pay out around £200k a week from her business to sustain us. Now I'm no sisu lover and would love to see them ride into the sunset and we (the football club) start a new beginning, but they are here and control our destiny. She (JS) must now realise the present way our football club is run will continue to cost her business thousands of pounds A WEEK ! and is looking to counter act that, she cannot rely on us unearthing gems to sell on or drawing the likes of Arsenal or Manchester United away each season, she has to look for other ways.

Except we're not losing that any more. You heard Fisher, Joys put no extra funding in this year, we are apparently self sustaining. OK with player sales but that won't bother the bean counters.

So they could stick around for ages.

Thought I'd cheer you up :D

skybluetony176

Except we're not losing that any more. You heard Fisher, Joys put no extra funding in this year, we are apparently self sustaining. OK with player sales but that won't bother the bean counters.

So they could stick around for ages.

Thought I'd cheer you up :D

I wonder if sacking SP has changed that situation?

rupert_bear

They could stick around as you say, but listening to the football finance expert on radio yesterday the football club is losing around £200k a week, they can move the bits of paper all over the place and where they want but no one can sustain that.

Godiva

They could stick around as you say, but listening to the football finance expert on radio yesterday the football club is losing around £200k a week, they can move the bits of paper all over the place and where they want but no one can sustain that.

No, that was in the season at Sixfields.

Users who are viewing this thread