£6-7m sale price? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Still deafening silence when it comes to Wasps' activities. And, before anyone says anything, their activities impact the football club.

oldfiver

Captain Dart

So would many another property developer but they need CCC to bend the planning for them
In what way has planning law and procedure been subverted?

If you can point to where the regulations or laws have not been compiled with then why don't you submit your concerns to the Local Government Ombudsman.

oldfiver

What makes you think someone has not already done so?
I did not say "subvert" but you and I both know it's not what you know ...

Captain Dart

How about the asset stripping allegation at Ryton?
Absolutely no proof of "asset stripping"

I come from a different angle, there is absolutely no proof the owners will do anything to secure clubs future. I can't see that they've done anything positive for the club yet.

The Gentleman

So you accept there is some "bending"
I suppose it depends how far over you want to bend? ;)

Yes, in the same way that RBC will do the same for Sisu or whoever builds the houses on Ryton and the same for every other person who has land and wants to build houses on it in the whole country, not just Coventry.

Oh and with my back, not very far!

Captain Dart

So you accept there is some "bending"
I suppose it depends how far over you want to bend? ;)
What if RBC do the same for Otium, is that any more acceptable?

skybluetony176

Childish post. Lots of local authorities will be 'bending' planning with the governments new drive for more houses. This is not something that is synonymous with Coventry, unless of course it's just Coventry you want to highlight.........

RBC are doing it with Ryton. Who approached who to get it included in the Town plan? Was it RBC's idea?

At least STWA Whitley is a derelict waste ground unlike our training ground.

Irish Sky Blue

As we were walking down to the game the other night my son mentioned that if 6000 fans were prepared to put up £1000 each, that would amount to the notional £6 million. Put like that it doesn't sound such a huge, out of reach sum. He asked me if I would be prepared to put up £1000. If it meant we could get rid of Sisu I certainly would. I wonder if a sum like this could be raised from the fan base, some giving less than £1000, maybe some giving more? Certainly a way of initially having at least partial fan involvement in the running of the club, an aspiration of one of the speakers on the forum tonight.

Kingokings204

As we were walking down to the game the other night my son mentioned that if 6000 fans were prepared to put up £1000 each, that would amount to the notional £6 million. Put like that it doesn't sound such a huge, out of reach sum. He asked me if I would be prepared to put up £1000. If it meant we could get rid of Sisu I certainly would. I wonder if a sum like this could be raised from the fan base, some giving less than £1000, maybe some giving more? Certainly a way of initially having at least partial fan involvement in the running of the club, an aspiration of one of the speakers on the forum tonight.

You would never get 6000 fans to put £1k each in. You can't get that to buy ST.

But I like the theory and up for it myself with my 1k for a stake. Just be short term until someone could properly bank roll it.

Nick

Administrator
So 6000 people put in a grand to raise 6 million to get rid of SISU.

What about the next year when people want a decent wage budget, does each fan put in 500 quid again?

Irish Sky Blue

So 6000 people put in a grand to raise 6 million to get rid of SISU.

What about the next year when people want a decent wage budget, does each fan put in 500 quid again?
Unlikely to happen but as mentioned above , it would open the way for other parties. I know the Trust have a plan if Sisu try to liquidate the club. Same plan could work in this case which wouldn't be so severe. Would you not stump up £1000 get rid of Sisu?

Nick

Administrator
Unlikely to happen but as mentioned above , it would open the way for other parties. I know the Trust have a plan if Sisu try to liquidate the club. Same plan could work in this case which wouldn't be so severe. Would you not stump up £1000 get rid of Sisu?

So I give a grand and SISU go, what happens then?

I'd like to think people would ask a few more questions about it all first.

Irish Sky Blue

Start again how? As in start again as a new club?
No start again with new owners. Might even be fan led in the way that Portsmouth have done. Anyway, this is just an idea. If it ever took off lots of detailed planning needed and someone to lead it.

Nick

Administrator
No start again with new owners. Might even be fan led in the way that Portsmouth have done. Anyway, this is just an idea. If it ever took off lots of detailed planning needed and someone to lead it.

Again I'd need to know more information.

If there were new owners in the pipeline now, and they had fantastic plans and were going to be great owners then who would be against them coming in to replace SISU?

Captain Dart

I don't understand why you are seriously discussing something that will never happen.

Users who are viewing this thread