£10 for Adults £1 for kids to fill stadium (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

If the club dropped ticket prices to £10 for adults and £1 for kids how many extra fans would we get on top of the 9000 season ticket holders? Would it help fill the Ricoh or are the people of Cov so fed up with the club they wouldn't bother and we would still just get a home support of 11,000.

I am rashly assuming the offer would be properly marketed etc

kingharvest

I'm afraid it just doesn't work. Everyone thinks it would work but it doesn't. The commercial department of the club have said this themselves.

I know that sounds like the sort of line you'd expect from them but it's true. Ticket prices are not the biggest barrier to people attending matches

ccfc4ever

It would make no difference cus people would just make up more excuses why they wouldnt/couldnt go. This city cant support a team unless its playing a big team

ashbyjan

My respect for the commercial dept of Coventry is somewhat limited but lets assume they are correct. What are the biggest barriers? Lets list them and see if we can try and address them.

kingharvest

i don't think its necessarily the big team - more the big occasion. If we were playing well and had a promotion chasing team then we'd get bigger attendances no matter what the ticket prices.

Blackburn at home doesn't exactly wet the appetite does it, but we managed a decent crowd when we had them down for the replay a few years back.

Fans want to watch a successful team, they want to see a winning team and be associated with a winning team. We'll always have a hardcore but for others it takes more than just the 'love' of the club.

kingharvest

Bottom of the league
No investment in the playing side
No success (or hint of it) since 1987 and 1967 before that

Location, ticket prices and all the rest are just excuses imo - its all about the team and the football. Sort that out and the rest will fall into place.

ashbyjan

Then sell it as a "Back the Boys In Their Darkest Hour" type of thing - get marketing it as together we can avoid relegation - stand shoulder to shoulder etc. Make it an event, siege mentality, us against the world - people of Cov like a battle against the odds.

SkyBlueScottie

We have done it, and it didnt work. All that happened was that a load of adults got in cheaply. I bet like me you have struggled to give away the vouchers which come with your season ticket, in fact, my old man missed A game, I could not give his ticket away for free.

kingharvest

ok - that might work for some, but i bet you'll still get people who say they won't buy a ticket while SISU are in charge.

sorry - not trying to be negative here because i think you're right, its one of the angles the club should use, and the local media needs to back it as well. We need to show the players and staff that the fans are out there and will back them no matter who's in charge at the top.

Sisu-infidels

If I went to the Theatre and the production was poor and unintersting would I go again next week at half the price? ........ NO!

Put a team out that makes effort and cares for he shirt more people would be willing to pay, even full price!

ashbyjan

I did put the caveat of marketing it properly - I realise that would be a first for this club but I can dream! We have shown with the protest that local media will get behind things associated with the club and I am just exploring avenues that would support the team and try and help avoid the nightmare of relegation.

kingharvest

I think there is no doubt that the apathy in the stands seeps into the minds of the players. I genuinely think a full/fuller stadium would help...

skybluesam66

I would go further - last 10 games for £50 on the condition that we sell 10,000 more tickets.

total revenue would be around neutral - but wed have a big crowd backing the team.

To satisfy existing season ticket holders, would guarantee that there is a price freeze for them for 2012/13 (and yes i am one)

The fans have been alienated for so long - they need to be brought onside

Sub

sounds like we are trying to broker a deal for us to turn up and stop protesting ??? or am i reading this wrong ????

ashbyjan

No just exploring ideas for now for discussions. Even when this lot have gone we will need to fill stadium and that won't happen just cos SISU have left town.

Jan....totally agree with you here. This is the next natural progression for me from Saturday. We can protest all we like but we are the club and need to see if we the fans can change things on the pitch with support. I don't care if they let people in for £5 (ive paid for my ST already) appreciate some would have an issue with this but the results are far more important.

MARKETING IS KEY....and I am talking front page of CET full spread support the team type message along with other initiatives.

Sub

i agree supporting the team is really important but not funding SISU is a major issue to, alot of peeps have said no more money for SISU and i totaly agree!!!!!! They will not invest in the team no matter how many fans turn up and pay a tenner or twenty five quid. So its a catch 22 situation :(:(:(:(

ashbyjan

I totally agree that Marketing would be the key, not the clubs strong point in recent years, but SOC did a pretty good job of marketing the protest in a couple of weeks so it shows these things can be done. What the next move from SOC will be will be decided on Thursdays meeting at Hen Lane Social ALL WELCOME. I have my own views but we are a democratic organisation so we will see which direction we go in.

sky_blue_up_north

Bottom of the league
No investment in the playing side
No success (or hint of it) since 1987 and 1967 before that

Can I add travel arrangements to the ground, not only do you have the price of a ticket be parking charges, after I've travelled 100 miles for home games that really get my goat

Think those items sum it up, the only thing that will bring the fans back is a winning side, without that gate will continue to drop no matter how much marketting is in place

ashbyjan

Sub - I sympathise fully with the keep funds away from SISU argument and I know some who won't set into the stadium until SISU are gone. I am looking at this as a pro team issue not anti SISU. For me, personally, the boycott and protest on Saturday weren't about starving SISU of money but about raising the profile of our plight and SISU's mismanagement to the national media and in that we succeeded. Where we go next and how, we will discuss and decide shortly.

shmmeee

Been proven repeatedly before that price isn't a factor as to why people do or don't go, despite what some will say.

Work needs to be done to convince people that a day out at the Ricoh is worth their time, rather than their money.

EDIT: Actually, our attendances don't correlate with our form or league position either. The problem isn't our success or the price, it's that a day out isn't that fun.

sky_blue_up_north

If we were top of the league I'm convinced we would be getting 23k to 25k for home games. Stoke City are a great example of this, they were getting getting gates very similair to our before their promotion season

skybluehugh

It would make no difference cus people would just make up more excuses why they wouldnt/couldnt go. This city cant support a team unless its playing a big team

What a crock, I have supported my club since early 70's. It's got sod all to do with the teams we play I just will not give our so called saviours a nother penny of my hard earned cash while they continue to distroy the club I love.

skybluejelly

i heard a couple talking on saturday that they thought it was expensive £15 a ticket each then £5 each for the 2 kids,plus 2 pies 4 bottles of pepsi,and 4 programmes (why would you buy 4 programmes) that they had spent nearly £70 for the match, i felt like telling them it would probably cost nearly that for one ticket in the premier league..so cost is a consideration too some,though i doubt they will come again after saturdays performance

kingharvest

i heard a couple talking on saturday that they thought it was expensive £15 a ticket each then £5 each for the 2 kids,plus 2 pies 4 bottles of pepsi,and 4 programmes (why would you buy 4 programmes) that they had spent nearly £70 for the match, i felt like telling them it would probably cost nearly that for one ticket in the premier league..so cost is a consideration too some,though i doubt they will come again after saturdays performance

Price will always be an issue for families - but there are enough people in this city who would pay £23 every week or get a season ticket if they had something to shout about.

poet

It's all based on supply and demand and where these two meet to maximise profit. It might seem like it but they're no mugs when it comes to this.

Sub

if SISU were satan reincarnated i dont think people would be that bothered if the money that the fans put into the club was invested in a properly run team and club, it is has not been that is the problem 3 years of bullshit and lies have final done it for the fans that have decided enough is enough it is one more imbarasing thing after another "were talking to the council tommorow, we have signed marlon king, ken in the doug out ect ect ect", where has the investment been for the time SISU has been here more directors than players they all talk shit and lie and the fans have had enough, fair play to the fans that bought there season ticket this year after last season that was it for me you could see what was going to happen and look where we are now rooted to the foot of the table no investment a board no where to be seen and us all pinning our hopes on hoffman or three teams going into admin !! how bad is that !!! as far as i am concernced SISU can go fuck them selves until they sell up or invest and i wont be holding my breath for either of those things to happen !!!! so they can show the money before i decide to invest mine into the Club because they have decided its a lost cause!!!!!

Last edited:

cloughie

if SISU were satan reincarnated i dont think people would be that to bothered if the money that the fans put into the club was invested in a properly run team and club, it is has not been that is the problem 3 years of bullshit and lies have final done it for the fans that have decided enough is enough it is one more imbarasing thing after another "were talking to the council tommorow, we have signed marlon king, ken in the doug out ect ect ect", where has the investment been for the time SISU has been here more directors than players they all talk shit and lie and the fans have had enough, fair play to the fans that bought there season ticket this year after last season that was it for me you could see what was going to happen and look where we are now rooted to the foot of the table no investment a board no where to be seen and us all pinning our hopes on hoffman or three teams going into admin !! how bad is that !!! as far as i am concernced SISU can go fuck them selves until they sell up or invest and i wont be holding my breath for either of those things to happen !!!! so they can show the money before i decide to invest mine into the Club because they have decided its a lost cause!!!!!

can't argue with any of that really they had our money last season and have borrowed against next seasons ( probably knowing they won't be here) yet sisu will not get anymore off me

J

Jack Griffin

I think a better initiative would be some sort of bundled travel deal on buses & (when the station is built) the trains (particularly lapsed fans from south of Coventry, e.g. Warwick/Leamington/Kenilworth).
A lot of people are deterred from casual attendence because cars have to be parked a long way from the ground and that adds £3 or more to the cost.

Apparently they have schemes like this in the Bundesliga - check them out.

However I agree with the comments above - on pitch success will surely bring them in..

ccfcdan

How about staging a ''we still love you city day'' or ''Life after Sisu day''

Fill the stadium.Show the players that we fully support them, Show potential investors that there are fans out there in Coventry waiting to return when Sisu leave!! Show Sisu that the extra 16'000 fans attending are fans that they are keeping away from the club because of there bad management and lack of investment.

Make it a party atmosphere with balloons inflateables etc. Would get the attention of the media aswell as making a great day out for all fans in attendance.

Just a suggestion!! :)

:guitar2:

Users who are viewing this thread