£1.2m? (1 Viewer)

ecky

Anyone else know if this is true?
Bristol city had a players budget of 5.5-6m this season
TM wants a min of 2.5m next season
And Joy has told Waggott he can only have 1.2m?
If it's true he will be off and joyless should follow him

Otis

Why would we be talking about budgets now, before we even know which division we are going to be in and before we even know if TM has decided to stay or not?

I would think budgets will be discussed the minute the season is over, so this sound very much like pub talk.

rupert_bear

Interesting figure though ? How much in income would we get in a year at say an averege 8000 gate ? can't be arsed to work it out.

stupot07

Interesting figure though ? How much in income would we get in a year at say an averege 8000 gate ? can't be arsed to work it out.

Turnover would be around £4.5m for 8k I would imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Lord_Nampil

I for one think the budget for next season won't be decided until after sunday's game, why would it???

Also shows spouting rumors our on the radio isn't the cleverest of moves when you have no evidence, just a mate told me.......

LastGarrison

However inept SISU are do you really think they haven't already began to think about budgets for next season?

Here's a thought they may even have started thinking about budgets for both League 1 and League 2 depending on what happens Sunday.

I would say that what Ecky has posted could well be true.......but is probably bollocks!

mrtrench

I was looking for data on budgets for all teams and came across the Telegraph (not CET, the broadsheet) predictions for the season. This is what it had to say about City and Crawley:

Coventry City
Manager: Steven Pressley.
Last season: 18th.
Murray’s verdict: I fear for them, I actually think will go down. They lost Leon Clarke last season and Callum Wilson in the summer. Pressley has done miracles but they keep losing their best players and not replacing them. They might slip out unless they can get a home ground and their finances sorted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crawley Town
Manager: John Gregory.
Last season: 14th.
Murray’s verdict: They will be in a relegation battle but will stay up by the skin of their teeth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mrtrench

Not finding much online showing budgets. Did find an article on Conference budgets which range from 1.3m to 310k. So if the £1.2m is correct, we can be happy to know we'll be at the top end of Conference budgets when we get there.

Lord_Nampil

Not finding much online showing budgets. Did find an article on Conference budgets which range from 1.3m to 310k. So if the £1.2m is correct, we can be happy to know we'll be at the top end of Conference budgets when we get there.

Someone said last night on the phone in that there mate heard that Mowbray had a meeting with Joy and was told he would get a £1.2million budget and he wanted a £2.5million budget.....

Though the Daily Mail said TM and Joy were sitting down after the final game!

covboy1987

There is not a chance they have discussed budgets, as that would be impossible not knowing what league they will be playing in next season

Sky Blue Harry H

There is not a chance they have discussed budgets, as that would be impossible not knowing what league they will be playing in next season

Not very clever people if they can't work on 2 scenarios (and although they have displayed incompetence in certain areas, they should have a few able bean counters at their disposal). That said, they are hardly likely to have sat down with TM and discussed the League 2 scenario.

One query I have, is if we were to collect another £££££ from Callum W 1) getting Bournemouth promoted and or/Callum being sold for £12M plus in the Summer, what are the rules with us being allowed to use that towards our spending budget under FFP? Can it help us? I know 'SISU will trouser it all' etc, but are they able to use it towards the playing side next season?'

rupert_bear

I think possible budgets will have been discussed perhaps even when Mowbray was interviewed and dependant on relegation or not. If the the 1.2 million was correct and using stupots figure of an pncome of 4.5mill on an average 8000 gate where would the other 3.3 million go ? and there is other income too remember.

shmmeee

It counts towards turnover so you can use it AFAIK.

Can't see this being true, I doubt Mowbray will stay if we are down so any plans for that are moot. And his hand is a lot stronger once we know we're safe. Pub talk.

shmmeee

I think possible budgets will have been discussed perhaps even when Mowbray was interviewed and dependant on relegation or not. If the the 1.2 million was correct and using stupots figure of an pncome of 4.5mill on an average 8000 gate where would the other 3.3 million go ? and there is other income too remember.

Turnovers not profit.

Rusty Trombone

Previous accounts have shown the average ticket income after VAT was £10, so crowds of 8,000 x £10 x 23 games equals £1.84m.

stupot07

As shhmeee says that estimated c£4.5m is total turnover not profit,. FFP rules would allow £2.6m player budget, then a cat b academy costs c£1m (we get £500k towards it but that would be inc. as part of the turnover), then you have rent/matchday costs £400-500k, stewarding and police costs, other employees including manager and coaching staff, medical staff (doctor plus 2-3 physio's), analysts, shop staff, etc. marketing costs, travel, upkeep of ryton, utilities, player insurance, etc. expensive game football.

Re: crowds, I'd wager that 8k average would bring in £1.7-2m in ticket income - it usually equates to about £10.80 average per person per game, but if they reduce tickets it could be lower..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

J

Jack Griffin

For one thing the bad management and publicity for the club has deterred sponsors. The SISU effect at work.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Of course they would have looked at next seasons budgets. Will they have finalised it ? no because they do not know which division are going to be in. They have probably got at least 2 different budgets for the different circumstances.

They will need to have done some budgeting by now because of some of the following reasons
- they need to set season ticket prices - would guess the price is cheap for L1 but mid price range L2 so wont need to be changed
- they need to generate income in May June July so getting ST's out is important
- they need to provide information to FL
- they need to talk figures with the manager - Mowbray out of contract on Monday isnt he?
- Its good business practice and what ever you might think these are serious money people who like to know the figures

I heard the comments on CWR - not sure I believe what was said to be honest. That puts attributable income at 2.0m for SCMP

Likelyhood is that they are hoping for success and a crowd of 11k or so. Think they will be lucky to get that average unless CCFC are consistently at top of the league. Past information indicates that matchday income has worked out at between £9 to £11 per head on average. So lets say that following discounts on the price next season that comes down to £8 per head on average then crowds at 8000 generate £1.47m and at 11000 £2.0m. There is commercial money to add to that in previous years that has been £3m or more, not to mention the adds for Wilson etc.

Do the SCMP calculation on all that and I do not see how the budget is 1.2m, seems nearer 2.5m. Also build in that whether it is 1.2m or 2.5m that is the budget it is not actually the amount spent nor does the budget relate to all players.

It could be 1.2m if JS/TF/SW say it is but i do not see that it based on a calculation for SMCP.

Last edited:

Senior Vick from Alicante

Average wage is around 84k a year in our league. If you said that their are junior players on half that and a couple of your senior players will be earning more then I think that's a budget for around 20 players, would you need more than that if you were just aiming to survive? If you want promotion and this hypothetical meeting and budget were correct it would definitely give some one a chance of competing in the division if you had 2.5 million for wages. But then again our owners have not invested cash in to the club in any significance since the 2nd year when the playing staff started to get sold. The other thing is does any budget include or exclude the manager and backroom staff?

Moff

I heard it wsa going to be 10 million. Or was it 5, no it was 1.2, sorry it was 2.5, no 7.5.

Thus showing no one knows, its all just conjecture.

Hobo

Why would we be talking about budgets now, before we even know which division we are going to be in and before we even know if TM has decided to stay or not?

I would think budgets will be discussed the minute the season is over, so this sound very much like pub talk.

You are probably right.

But I would like to think there is a draft budget in place for either scenario. There is a lot to sort out over the summer and my worry is we are going to be playing catch up and find the boat has sailed again like the last few years.

Godiva

I heard it wsa going to be 10 million. Or was it 5, no it was 1.2, sorry it was 2.5, no 7.5.

Thus showing no one knows, its all just conjecture.

Yes, but how does these rumors start? What is the motive?
Did someone decide it was time to stir up some sh*t as it's already a couple of days since the last commotion?

I don't get it, and even worse there always seem to be a band ready to make it sound as it could be true.

Users who are viewing this thread