Your Perfect New Stadium (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

The Ricoh with the Telegraph converted to a big terrace would be superb on a good day !

wantedDOA

mestalla1.jpg

Always been my favourite. Nice intimidating atmosphere!!

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'd like a stadium in which there are allocated sections for standing, smoking & drinking....

preferably its one & the same section....

...I'd also like a few pubs lining the roads outside & be able to pay on the day & get in for less than £20.....

To the time machine batman...

davebart

The problem with any new ground is no one will know how big it should be. All those fans who have stopped going ie nearly 22000 since we were in the prem aren't going to come back.

My guess would be a 12000 capacity stadium and forfeit any big attendances but with the capability of expansion.

But ideally within walking distance of a railway and coach station.

FootballAttic

Love the Boavista / Genoa model. Rectangular is the way! As has been mentioned, 20K capacity with ability to expand (maybe have an extra tier with seats installed, but covered for an instant extra 5K).

play_in_skyblue_stripes

We have a top stadium already, Ricoh Arena. We are not there purely down to SISU. ACL have not helped but SISU are the cause.

Ricoh Arena is one of the best in the country. Yes not the best for pubs beforehand and central access. However perfect size for a lower to middle Premier league club which is what Coventry City was and should be when considering population.

Ricoh Arena is what Coventry City should have had years ago.

letsallsingtogether

Yes well done Sisu you have nearly reach your end game!

The problem with any new ground is no one will know how big it should be.

All those fans who have stopped going ie nearly 22000 since we were in the prem aren't going to come back.

My guess would be a 10,000 capacity stadium and forfeit any big attendances.

And at least 30 Miles from Coventry

davebart

I have always found the Ricoh soulless. It is rather upsetting after growing up with HR which had real character.

HR would have been perfectly good enough for the level of support we are ever going to get.

pusbccfc

I agree with Stripes. Home supporters are far different to away supporters.

Home supporters seemed of a higher class than the away ones.

Not to judge anyone...

sisu go home

LOVE that Boavista stadium! So simple.
I want -
An arch as a main entrance saying PRIDE OF COVENTRY
A spire on each corner
An innovative idea: a fucking car park (& train station)
Built in shops for the mrs to look round so she can give you a lift home after the match
A pub on each terrace
30k seats, but for tickets to be reduced to £5 a head so that we might just fill it.
A Jimmy's chin stand in honour of Jimmy's chin
Microphones infront of the 'new West Terrace' so the opposition can hear us calling them inbred
Cushions on home seats, and maybe a place to nap if you get too pissed. The away fans get to sit on spikes.
Painted decor inside - I like breeze blocks but not that much.
Demolish Cathedral Lanes and put it there.
A stage for bands to play on at half time in the stands
No admin area cos they don't bother coming out to cheer on the team anyway

Just a few ideas to start us off :)

Gynnsthetonic

If we ever get back to the Ricoh hope its remodelled on the Malmo one, These bowl stadiums so boring like Ricoh, Derby, Leic, Southampton etc

ricohroar

[video=youtube;gOZZW0kj3R0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOZZW0kj3R0[/video]I Think If Timmy built this, (which he wont) and it was near Cov City centre. I'd actually forgive him, how intimidating would this place be!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread