Yesterday + Plan for this week + 11 Aug (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

Just posted at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Not-One-Penny-More/468571966556656 and http://keepcoventryincoventry-nopm.weebly.com/

----------------------------------------------

Yesterday was truly awesome so let's spend today enjoying the photos and vids, give ourselves a massive collective pat on the back and have a smile on our face for once.

Then tomorrow...we start all over again

- Theme for the coming week's gonna be 'Spotlight on Seppala'

- For those who can make it, a trip to SISU's London offices Thursday 25 July 4pm (a handful of us scared the living daylights out of the FL last week so we gotta keep needling away)

- Plus I'm liaising with the Police and if (and it's still a very big 'if' cos the pressure on Seppala and the Football League is going to build and build) the Bristol game starts at Northampton we're on track for a 'Support The Badge Not Sisu' takeover of Jimmy's Hill* next to Sixfields for anyone who's up for it

After yesterday, there isn't a shadow of a doubt WE CAN DO THIS!

(*Can't remember who coined this yesterday but it's brilliant. Thx - M)

jesus-wept

Michael, well done mate. We have 3 weeks today to get this match v Bristol away from Northampton and yesterdays magnificent protest has to be ramped up. I have said for weeks Northampton Town and their chairman are the weak links, I believe many of their fans don't want this to happen, there were 2 of their fans there yesterday. Costing NTFC money is a legitimate weapon . That doesn't mean anything illegal and certainly doesn't mean animosity should be aimed at Northampton supporters. It was said yesterday the Bristol Trust were urging Bristol fans to boycott Sixfields, that costs sisu money, but if that could be extended to division 2 clubs due at Northampton that would cost NTFC money and dilute the rent they are getting off sisu.

Flying Fokker

Michael, well done mate. We have 3 weeks today to get this match v Bristol away from Northampton and yesterdays magnificent protest has to be ramped up. I have said for weeks Northampton Town and their chairman are the weak links, I believe many of their fans don't want this to happen, there were 2 of their fans there yesterday. Costing NTFC money is a legitimate weapon . That doesn't mean anything illegal and certainly doesn't mean animosity should be aimed at Northampton supporters. It was said yesterday the Bristol Trust were urging Bristol fans to boycott Sixfields, that costs sisu money, but if that could be extended to division 2 clubs due at Northampton that would cost NTFC money and dilute the rent they are getting off sisu.

Good idea to get dic 2 to boycott the NTFC games.

RogerH

Just posted at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Not-One-Penny-More/468571966556656 and http://keepcoventryincoventry-nopm.weebly.com/

----------------------------------------------

Yesterday was truly awesome so let's spend today enjoying the photos and vids, give ourselves a massive collective pat on the back and have a smile on our face for once.

Then tomorrow...we start all over again

- Theme for the coming week's gonna be 'Spotlight on Seppala'

- For those who can make it, a trip to SISU's London offices Thursday 25 July 4pm (a handful of us scared the living daylights out of the FL last week so we gotta keep needling away)

- Plus I'm liaising with the Police and if (and it's still a very big 'if' cos the pressure on Seppala and the Football League is going to build and build) the Bristol game starts at Northampton we're on track for a 'Support The Badge Not Sisu' takeover of Jimmy's Hill* next to Sixfields for anyone who's up for it

After yesterday, there isn't a shadow of a doubt WE CAN DO THIS!

(*Can't remember who coined this yesterday but it's brilliant. Thx - M)

Well done, keep the pressure on. I agree with your theme for this week. Somebody has to find a way to get close enough to SISU to make them uncomfortable and get them on the back foot.

I am sure they have plenty they want to keep hidden.

Otis

Not so sure on this one.

Yes, then are many, many who are anti-Sisu etc., but there are also those who don't wish to take sides (pro ACL/Anti Sisu, pro Sisu, anti ACL), but just wish to see Coventry City playing in Coventry.

We need to unify supporters and this should now be all about keep Coventry in Coventry.

The spotlight shouldn't just be on Sepalla, it should be on all parties involved.

I would urge a re-think.

singers_pore

I'll be in the UK during December and I will support any kinds of protests you organize at that time. I regularly travel to the US so if you can find out her US address I may pay her a visit for a nice chat over tea and bickies.

Otis

A Sky Blue Day as I suggested on another thread would be a better route to go down.

A number of fans said they went on the march yesterday but were very much put off by the Sisu Out chants.

Spionkop

What has got to happen is - we make our minds up. Is it the Ricoh on August 11 or on Jimmy's Hill at Northampton? Do both and the impact may be lost. Got to be a real focus.
Just hoping the FA/Sports minister Hugh Robertson step in beforehand and force the issue & we play at the Ricoh. Or something emerges from tomorrow's creditor meeting.

jesus-wept

In a battle you attack the weakest links, I think Joy Seppalla is their strongest link, IMO in this case the weak links are NTFC, the football league, the FA and the police who have to supply the man power which has to be a bit of an unknown. I have been told it was the West Midlands police who poured water on the idea of Walsall and St Andrews

Lightyear

I think you make a good point Otis.

For me and the many people I spoke to what galvanised the day was that the theme was about Coventry, our city, our club. Yes, Seppala has a lot to answer for and so do others, Labovitch and the departed Clarke also come to mind.

Keep the momentum going on a Coventry theme.

Leamington Pete

Yesterday was fantastic, but now the absolutely best way to get us back to the Ricoh is a total boycott of Sixfields. No matter how much posturing nonsense Fisher spouts, a couple of humiliating games with an empty Sixfields and he'd be re negotiating with ACL in a shot. Imagine if NOBODY went - they'd have no choice.

The Penguin

I think any future protests and action need to be in Coventry. Attacking this from the Keep Cov in Cov angle is the best way to ensure maximum numbers. You could also have protests at the Football League, because they also need to be squeezed.

I wouldn't do anything in Northampton personally, as I feel that may have the unintended consequence of legitimising the move.

Just my view though!

Lightyear

Question for SBT, to keep the momentum going and keep yesterday's fantastic turnout fresh in people's minds, is it possible to display pictures and vid clips on the giant screen outside the Cov Transport Museum?

J

Jack Griffin

An event at the Ricoh has got to be the next step.. aim for max attendance..

ccfcway

whatever is decided we need to support it.

An event at the Ricoh would be great, or standing on the hill at Northampton would be great..

Either way, it will show the FL, SISU etc that we simply are not interested in taking CCFC outside of Coventry

Spionkop

There would be more people at the Ricoh, especially is the ground was opened. Say Tesco stand. With at least the game on the radio there.
Northampton is tempting of course. Fans who like to travel away might like to be on 'Jimmy's Hill.' Making a peaceful protest. It'll mean the policing costs will rise, which will be bad for Sisu.
But many won't want to do 70 miles and might be more inclined to be at Ricoh. Either way I'm up for it. But choices have to be made.

GaryPendrysEyes

I wouldnt do anything in Northants. Anyone going over there, especially on a match day, will be counted and viewed as contributing to the Northampton economy. The emptier the Sixfields area is on match day the better. [Having said we need a small well organised picket with KCIC banners for the first few games, to make people going think about what they are doing going in]

A Ricoh event on match days, seniors/legends whatever would be great.

TrakiaPlovdiv

My own humble opinion.

If we can, support protest events at the Ricoh and attend away games only.

If a core element of our fans start to go to Northampton to stand on 'Jimmy's Hill', it won't be long before someone (Fisher/SISU)
will attempt to put some kind of 'Spin' to say that 'Travelling to Northampton' is not the issue.

We need to keep this protest 'Live' and about keeping the Club in Coventry!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Personally I think any protest should be kept in the city, a protest in Northampton or at SISU HQ just won't attract the numbers imo

skybluebal

First i would like to congrtulate the fans for their turn out yesterday. It shows that with the right location, the right message and the right organisation , we CAN win. Well done all.

I agree with most posters that protesting in N'ton will send the wrong message in terms of travelling there and the spin from sisu. I doubt people will turn up in their thousands every time and will leave a potential few, which sisu will point to as showing no support for the protest.

Better to have a complete boycott and show there is no benefit to the club or the local economy.

Protesting in Cov, at the /fl/fa, going to away games and nopm, will have the most profile and attendances (fa/fl need much better coordination though as people have to go out of their way).

Can I suggest that the sbt canvas for a professional PR person (from within the supporters) who can help the sbt to put together an effective ongoing pr campaign. With so many fans with such diverse skillsets, we should be able to really cut sisu/fl down.

The Penguin

I think the next Football League/FA protest needs to be publicised in advance, as Saturday's was in the Telegraph.

As our resident Cobbler rabble rouser NTFC has said on several occasions, there are other groups who would likely be willing to join, and help coordinate, such a protest.

MichaelCCFC

3 points: (i) these aren't either/or choices. People want to do different things and that's fine. If 11 aug does start at northants then people can do stuff in cov or on jimmy's hill (or wherever else they fancy). It gives us 2 bites, or more, at the PR cherry and if combined total is more than pay to go in to sixfields that's a great message to send out. (ii) don't over think things! whatever we do sisu will spin things how they want and tell us black is white and white is black. (iii) for now we keep hammering home Keep cov in cov but if the Bristol games kicks off at sixfields it then also becomes 'Support the Badge not sisu'

skybluebal

There is a popular adage often attributed to Benjamin Franklin, the father of time management, "Failing to plan is planning to fail,"

Spionkop

Michael, people need a focus. OK. If the idea is to have a 'Jimmy's Hill' protest AND something at the Ricoh, spell it out. However, I honestly think it will weaken our case doing both.

Otis

Michael, people need a focus. OK. If the idea is to have a 'Jimmy's Hill' protest AND something at the Ricoh, spell it out. However, I honestly think it will weaken our case doing both.

Totally agree. ONE single unified protest.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Delboycov

Not everyone does.

Everyone wants Coventry City in Coventry though.

The overwhelming majority do now Otis. I believe you yourself have even declared yourself as anti SISU following their destructive behaviour over the last few weeks. Yes there are still quite a few who maintain a more neutral stance but if anyone wanted proof of how much fans in general want SISU to go, you only needed to walk down Sky Blue Way yesterday when the loudest and most passionate chanting was reserved for pleading for their removal.

James Smith

There is a chance that I can make the SISU offices one are they still off Hanover Square at W1S 1YQ?

Otis

The overwhelming majority do now Otis. I believe you yourself have even declared yourself as anti SISU following their destructive behaviour over the last few weeks. Yes there are still quite a few who maintain a more neutral stance but if anyone wanted proof of how much fans in general want SISU to go, you only needed to walk down Sky Blue Way yesterday when the loudest and most passionate chanting was reserved for pleading for their removal.

They do, but if you say look on GMK there are a few who are saying they either went on the protest but nearly walked off because of the Sisu Out chants and some who didn't go at all because they didn't want it to turn into anti-Sisu event.

Everything now should be focused on Coventry City IN Coventry. Everything else is secondary.

Users who are viewing this thread