Match Thread Wycombe (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

The game turned with the penalty decision. It was never a pen in my eyes, the player was waiting for the contact so he could go down. After that they knew the ref was going to blow up the second anyone hit the deck. Our heads seemed to completely go as soon as they got back into it, which wasn't helped at all by Kelly's injury. Fingers crossed he's not out long because we look much worse defensively without him.

I agree, don't think we'll have anticipated having to take off 2 of the central midfielders by half time. Agree it wasn't a mistake to rotate in Shipley but he didn't look right from the start

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He knows the player well - there was clearly something wrong with him today. Injury/ill - MR will know, but really? 'MR needs to have a word with himself'? . We all know he's hit a bit of poor form, but today I'm not including because clearly something was amiss.

But if he was ill or carrying an injury why was he selected?

He may have picked up an injury during the game but really wasn't effective beforehand anyway so you couldn' tell. If he'd aggravated an existing injury that was stopping him playing to his best, again, why was he selected?

Londonccfcfan

I'll happily take these shite performances if it means Hamer is still our player next year. Imagine staying in the division and then being able to add 1 or 2 more of his quality into the side.
No chance we can keep him on current contract. He will and should be offered a new improved 5year contract

Frostie

The over the top negativity on here really does grate some times...

Always knew it would be a tough game, you know exactly what they're going to do & competing with that for 97mins is always going to be tough.
People ignore the fact that they took points off Brentford & Watford playing like that.

Largely we coped well & but for the pretty soft penalty they only had one meaningful chance from Østigård's mistake. That mistake aside Østigård was phenomenal though.

We weren't at our best, disjointed & unable to impose our game as much as we wanted but scored good goals & missed other chances - Hamer particularly missed an absolute sitter.

Great result & a phenomenal run of form we're on now.

Skybluefaz

He's basically a shadow striker. I like him running at goal and taking pot shots, stretching the defence by getting ahead of the striker. I think he's not goo enough at a lot of things to be a proper midfielder. His real problem is O'Hare is the much better player and player that shadow role.
Essentially, plus O'Hare contributed when out of possession

Johnnythespider

He knows the player well - there was clearly something wrong with him today. Injury/ill - MR will know, but really? 'MR needs to have a word with himself'? . We all know he's hit a bit of poor form, but today I'm not including because clearly something was amiss.
Why would you pick an ill or injured player Harry, i think Shipley picked up a knock in a rare challenge for the ball.

cc84cov

Why would you pick an ill or injured player Harry, i think Shipley picked up a knock in a rare challenge for the ball.
If he picked up a knock it’s because he didn’t commit to a challenge I think robins see he wasn’t at it again and made the change sooner rather than later he’s not at this level unfortunately

Magwitch

Say what you like that Akinfenwa is a bloody awkward customer at 38 and about as mobile as a London bus but he’s so affective using his body strength to make things happen and yes mugs referees too but fair play to him.

Brighton Sky Blue

If he picked up a knock it’s because he didn’t commit to a challenge I think robins see he wasn’t at it again and made the change sooner rather than later he’s not at this level unfortunately

Willing to give Shipley more time but Baka just isn't working hard enough in games.

clint van damme

There is a difference between quality and effort. If you are the weakest player you try harder.

that's fair comment but I'm not sure how easy it is to judge a players work rate when watching on TV as the camera follows the ball so you don't see what's going on elsewhere.

It looked to me like Baka did a lot of running so I wouldn't question his work rate but he's simply not productive.

I had their commentary on and they weren't that complimentary about Horgan for them but I'd swap him for Baka in a heart beat.

Brighton Sky Blue

Say what you like that Akinfenwa is a bloody awkward customer at 38 and about as mobile as a London bus but he’s so affective using his body strength to make things happen and yes mugs referees too but fair play to him.

He just stands still, get in front of him and beat him to the ball

Brighton Sky Blue

that's fair comment but I'm not sure how easy it is to judge a players work rate when watching on TV as the camera follows the ball so you don't see what's going on elsewhere.

It looked to me like Baka did a lot of running so I wouldn't question his work rate but he's simply not productive.

I had their commentary on and they weren't that complimentary about Horgan for them but I'd swap him for Baka in a heart beat.

Yep agree with that.

stay_up_skyblues

I’ve seen more than enough of Baka now. He’s just not coming on at all. So frustrating his lack of fight and tenacity to challenge for the ball.

He looks like he’s trying as he chases down a lot but doesn’t actually want it.

He’s supposed to be quick but he turns like the titanic. Lays the ball off then disappears.

I’m sure he only came on today with a view to Max starting midweek.

Users who are viewing this thread