Wouldn't it be good....Blackburn (away) (2 Viewers)

Balli001

I do see this personally wrong that season ticket holders at seasons spent at Birmingham were given extra points
Points allocated

2019/20 270 Birmingham
2020/21 250 Birmingham
2021/22 230 Coventry
2022/23 230 Coventry

In my view if you have no principles, you have nothing.
So you couldn't be arsed but want the same perks as those who actually went every week.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Wedding anniversary, could offer the good lady a night out in Blackburn but divorce is expensive. May have to go to lunch as a happy compromise 🙏

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I'm looking forward to Blackburn as its near to me and wont obviously sell out before it gets to general sale.

Its incredibly hard to get away tickets for 'high profile' games not being a season ticket holder. Its unpractical logistically and financially with the travel to get a season ticket living 100 miles away
This will be my 8th away game but they apart from 1 have been lower profile games.

I believe people who had season ticket holders at St Andrews were given extra points. I think personally that is unfair as many very true supporters boycotted that at also the debacle of SISU moving to Northampton for their own commercial reasons.

BTW Blackburn last 5 game home package is 99 GBP rather than 125 GBP.
There’s a couple of potholes in your post.

1) there’s only 2/3 away games this season that haven’t made it to General Sale. There’s been plenty of opportunity for away tickets regardless of points status.

2) if you can’t make it down to Coventry for home games because of the distance (you mentioned Blackburn being the closest game), I doubt you would have been able to make it to QPR or Swansea.

3) it’s unreasonable to expect to make minimal effort with home games and then get equal priority to in demand away games. You’ve obviously attended a fair share of away games this season, FairPlay, but there will be ST holders that are also doing that and will come ahead of you on points, until you attend that level of home games too.

4) even if the club declared St Andrews points null and void, you’re not even buying a raffle ticket and attending home games, so this would have no impact on you. Those same people and waves more would still be ahead of you.

5) I also live 100 miles give or take from Coventry but I have a season ticket which probably isn’t cost effective (as I can’t attend any midweek games with work) and let it go for free when I’m not there as it’s still fantastic value for money.

Balli001

The first part of your sentence is not true at all, just a point of principle.
The principle of not giving your money to the club but expecting them to give you priorities? As has been proven the club were shafted by a rugby club. Not sure what your principle is tbh. Well apart from you being someody who expects something for nothing.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

There’s a couple of potholes in your post.

1) there’s only 2/3 away games this season that haven’t made it to General Sale. There’s been plenty of opportunity for away tickets regardless of points status.

2) if you can’t make it down to Coventry for home games because of the distance (you mentioned Blackburn being the closest game), I doubt you would have been able to make it to QPR or Swansea.

3) it’s unreasonable to expect to make minimal effort with home games and then get equal priority to in demand away games. You’ve obviously attended a fair share of away games this season, FairPlay, but there will be ST holders that are also doing that and will come ahead of you on points, until you attend that level of home games too.

4) even if the club declared St Andrews points null and void, you’re not even buying a raffle ticket and attending home games, so this would have no impact on you. Those same people and waves more would still be ahead of you.

5) I also live 100 miles give or take from Coventry but I have a season ticket which probably isn’t cost effective (as I can’t attend any midweek games with work) and let it go for free when I’m not there as it’s still fantastic value for money.
My main point is that 40 and 20 additional points were allocated specifically to seasons at Birmingham compared to back in Coventry seasons ie 270,250 compared to 230. This was done under the SISU regime so perhaps we can put it down to that and move on.

I think there has been slightly more than 2 or 3 that didn't make general sale. I don't have the exact figure.
So far 8 of 17 have been midweek games due to the pitch fiasco and Qatar world cup which definitely makes it harder/expensive if you prefer not driving.

Actually , I was initially planning to go to Swansea but something make that impossible just before going on sale. I like Shepherds Bush area near QPR but decided it just wasn't fair to spend money on that when going to 3 other Coventry games in April already.

I will have been to 7 home games and by end of normal season and 9 away . Last year 11 home and 9 away (would have been more but couldn't get a ticket!)

hopefully this ends this conversation.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

My main point is that 40 and 20 additional points were allocated specifically to seasons at Birmingham compared to back in Coventry seasons ie 270,250 compared to 230. This was done under the SISU regime so perhaps we can put it down to that and move on.

I think there has been slightly more than 2 or 3 that didn't make general sale. I don't have the exact figure.
So far 8 of 17 have been midweek games due to the pitch fiasco and Qatar world cup which definitely makes it harder/expensive if you prefer not driving.

Actually , I was initially planning to go to Swansea but something make that impossible just before going on sale. I like Shepherds Bush area near QPR but decided it just wasn't fair to spend money on that when going to 3 other Coventry games in April already.

I will have been to 7 home games and by end of normal season and 9 away . Last year 11 home and 9 away (would have been more but couldn't get a ticket!)

hopefully this ends this conversation.

Yes but again, what difference does the points allocation to those seasons make to you, when you didn’t have a ST to any of them?

Points are only based on 3 most recent seasons so in a year or so, no ‘bonus’ St Andrews points will be factored in… but that still won’t change your predicament of not being top priority until you buy a home ST.

MalcSB

Maybe the “bonus“ points for Birmingham STs are more to do with acknowledging curtailment of attendance in 19/20 and no attendance being allowed in 20/21 rather than the fact that we were playing in Birmingham.

Skybluedownunder

One thing that’s good that they do here in Australia in the AFL is have ex pro’s of the club call up fans asking if they’d like to renew their memberships and having a bit of a chat with them on the phone. They act as a bit of a representative of the club, albeit there’s less transfers over here so the players stick around a bit more often. But it’s quite a nice touch each season getting a call from an ex player who listens to your moans and groans, tries to give you a bit of reassurance of the direction the club is heading in, thanks you for your support and basically says we really hope to have you back next year.

There’s things I’ve seen over here from different sports that we could really learn about with football to make it more inclusive, entertaining and an overall greater experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covcraig@bury

I’ve missed out many of times for away tickets even though I was a season ticket holder at Brum 890 points. I managed to get hold of a Blackpool ticket of a mate . But what pissed me off , I was sat next to a couple of lads that only had around 100 points but got them through one of the supporters clubs . So how’s that fare ? It does need looking into as there’s definitely floors in this system.

Bugsy

£20 ticket
2000 allocation fair to say think this will sell out

Balli001

I’ve missed out many of times for away tickets even though I was a season ticket holder at Brum 890 points. I managed to get hold of a Blackpool ticket of a mate . But what pissed me off , I was sat next to a couple of lads that only had around 100 points but got them through one of the supporters clubs . So how’s that fare ? It does need looking into as there’s definitely floors in this system.
The same supporters clubs we were assured met all points criteria.. surely not

play_in_skyblue_stripes

One thing that’s good that they do here in Australia in the AFL is have ex pro’s of the club call up fans asking if they’d like to renew their memberships and having a bit of a chat with them on the phone. They act as a bit of a representative of the club, albeit there’s less transfers over here so the players stick around a bit more often. But it’s quite a nice touch each season getting a call from an ex player who listens to your moans and groans, tries to give you a bit of reassurance of the direction the club is heading in, thanks you for your support and basically says we really hope to have you back next year.

There’s things I’ve seen over here from different sports that we could really learn about with football to make it more inclusive, entertaining and an overall greater experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I absolutely agree with you as a fellow Aussie

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Yes but again, what difference does the points allocation to those seasons make to you, when you didn’t have a ST to any of them?

Points are only based on 3 most recent seasons so in a year or so, no ‘bonus’ St Andrews points will be factored in… but that still won’t change your predicament of not being top priority until you buy a home ST.
I agree without a season ticket the additional points given to season tickets in Birmingham wont impact me, I will always be behind season ticket holders and vulnerable to not getting a ticket . However that isn't my point of principle , Its not about me it's about everyone. Also genuinely unsure whether 2019/20 season ticket holders receive those 270 points.

1680290846594.png

Attachments

• 1680290652605.png
    1680290652605.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 15

SheafIsGod

The biggest load of bollocks re. the points system is those hardcore few of us that went every week in League Two get no reward. Nonsense. Bunch of glory fans.

Astute

Those who bought a season ticket in 2020/21 with no prospect of going to games deserve all the points they get.
The only season ticket I have bought in the last 20 years 😂😂😂

torchomatic

Abolute bargain. Fans are never happy. Last year they were all moaning they wanted a points system. This year they are moaning that some have too many points. We got those points for going to Birmingham and we deserve everyone of them, particuarly for the season when we didn't get to see any football, yet still shelled out for a season ticket.

SkyBlueMatt

Abolute bargain. Fans are never happy. Last year they were all moaning they wanted a points system. This year they are moaning that some have too many points. We got those points for going to Birmingham and we deserve everyone of them, particuarly for the season when we didn't get to see any football, yet still shelled out for a season ticket.
Typical Tory response

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread