Worst City team in history? (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

How's your patience, child?

Nice bump but my early season patience was all down to mowbray. once he left all bets were off .

If hed stated we would be fine right now imo. Games we lost were close remmebwe. Not case under venus. without tm or any good manager are we fucjed

So in that respect i have no patience anynore. fuck off sisu

torchomatic

Halfway into the season now....

We are shit, but I maintain we still don't have a right to be at the top of the league. We are where we are because of our owners past and present and a manager who doesn't know what he's doing. My last point still stands too, I'll continue to support my team.

letsallsingtogether

We are shit, but I maintain we still don't have a right to be at the top of the league. We are where we are because of our owners past and present and a manager who doesn't know what he's doing. My last point still stands too, I'll continue to support my team.
Don't see what this has to do with owners who were here 10 years ago.
It is now entirely down to Sisu full stop.
We looked doomed gutted to have to say that.
Hope we can turn it around but just can't see it.

Gazolba

You can't really do worse than scoring no goals. And we did let four in.

Gosford Green

When we loose (heavily) the "SISU out" turns up a few notches. A few wins and it quietens down until a player gets sold.

Not arsed at all with today's latest humiliation as all that matters is not getting relegated. If we do we will struggle the same in L2 as our owners will cut the cloth further until we drop out the league.

Gosford Green

Even politicians struggle blaming previous incumbents from 10 years previous.

Surreal.

hutch1972

You can try and blame previous regimes for the current mess and in a way they were culpable , but over the years sisu have been here they have had ample opportunity to re-ignite the club by acquiring the stadium rights. The fact they didn't take it at the earliest hour possible has led to this.
The blame for this shambles is on the doorstep of sisu and has been since they decided to sell Scott dann and Fox .
CCC have a lot to answer for but in reality our owners have really F....d up.

Sky Blue Kid

You can try and blame previous regimes for the current mess and in a way they were culpable , but over the years sisu have been here they have had ample opportunity to re-ignite the club by acquiring the stadium rights. The fact they didn't take it at the earliest hour possible has led to this.
The blame for this shambles is on the doorstep of sisu and has been since they decided to sell Scott dann and Fox .

don't say that, if you want a new arse ripped mate just ask me to show you mine to see what one looks like:)

torchomatic

"...and in a way they are culpable". No not "in a way", they do have something to do with the position we find ourselves in. If Richardson hadn't sold HR and made the biggest mistake in our history then I would bet we would all be saying "SISU who?" Of course SISU have made catastrophic mistake after catastrophic mistake but they are here for a reason.

idm1975

"...and in a way they are culpable". No not "in a way", they do have something to do with the position we find ourselves in. If Richardson hadn't sold HR and made the biggest mistake in our history then I would bet we would all be saying "SISU who?" Of course SISU have made catastrophic mistake after catastrophic mistake but they are here for a reason.
Nope these guys are the worst. new owners generally means fresh investment and fresh ideas they have given us neither. this is fuck all to do with who owned us 20yrs ago!

torchomatic

Nope these guys are the worst. new owners generally means fresh investment and fresh ideas they have given us neither. this is fuck all to do with who owned us 20yrs ago!

Well, that's down to opinion. Selling our own ground of over a century for a soulless, expensive shell is up there for me. Each to their own.

hutch1972

I agree torch , selling HR was a mistake but when SISU took over we were in a position to push on.
The chance to secure half the stadium , crowds were around 17000ish and a few of the team could actually play a bit. Add to that the signings of the 2 I mentioned earlier and we did have half a chance of being competitive in the championship.
Fast forward a decade and we found ourselves top of the table and looking good to go back up , why oh why they didn't put money up in the Jan window to secure at least a play off position is beyond me.
If I'm right we only missed the play offs by 5 points so a couple of decent signings would maybe have swung it.

hutch1972

To answer the actual question though , definitely a yes ! People have mentioned GMS team but they were a league higher and a lot would actually get in this team no problem.

idm1975

Well, that's down to opinion. Selling our own ground of over a century for a soulless, expensive shell is up there for me. Each to their own.
Doesnt have anything to do with where we are now, that is completely down to the jokers in charge for the last 7/8 yrs.

Irish Sky Blue

Leicester and Derby have the same soulless shell. They seem to have done alright after their ground moves. Depends how the move is managed. Sisu have had more than enough time to have sorted out the mess left by others. The fact is they have made it far, far worse.

fernandopartridge

Leicester and Derby have the same soulless shell. They seem to have done alright after their ground moves. Depends how the move is managed. Sisu have had more than enough time to have sorted out the mess left by others. The fact is they have made it far, far worse.
Leicester and Derby moved to grounds they OWNED.
They moved because both of them needed to due to capacity restraints, which was never really an issue with CCFC and definitely wasn't by 2005.

derbyskyblue

worst city team....certainly in my memory. Half the time i dont know who we are playing until i look on here. Done a few away games, not been to the ricoh since god knows when, i guess im just beaten down by it all now to the point where i couldnt give a flying fook. Cambridge for ffs, ah well good luck to them in the next round, hope they get the draw they want for them and there fans.

Sky Blue Kid

I agree torch , selling HR was a mistake but when SISU took over we were in a position to push on.
The chance to secure half the stadium , crowds were around 17000ish and a few of the team could actually play a bit. Add to that the signings of the 2 I mentioned earlier and we did have half a chance of being competitive in the championship.
Fast forward a decade and we found ourselves top of the table and looking good to go back up , why oh why they didn't put money up in the Jan window to secure at least a play off position is beyond me.
If I'm right we only missed the play offs by 5 points so a couple of decent signings would maybe have swung it.

Converting "Missed Penalties" would have given us those 5 points that would have put us in the play offs ;)

torchomatic

They owned their own grounds though didn't they? They didn't get shafted with an unaffordable rent from day one, did they? Three months after moving in the board (pre-SISU) tried to re-negotiate the rent. The request was turned down.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I thought the Sixfields side under Pressley in 13/14 was bad in terms of depth at the time, but have to say this lot are substantially worse. No goals in the strikers, Sordell apart perhaps when he’s not played out wide, and the back 4 are shorn of leaders. We are crying out for experienced heads and I can only hope we draft in 1 or 2 in January to at least give ourselves a chance of avoiding relegation.

ceetee

I thought the Sixfields side under Pressley in 13/14 was bad in terms of depth at the time, but have to say this lot are substantially worse. No goals in the strikers, Sordell apart perhaps when he’s not played out wide, and the back 4 are shorn of leaders. We are crying out for experienced heads and I can only hope we draft in 1 or 2 in January to at least give ourselves a chance of avoiding relegation.
That's quite correct but remember the experienced heads we brought in at the same time last season

Moff

If that prick Richardson hadn't sold Highfield Road, we would never have left, it was ours which the Ricoh never has been.

No one disagrees that SISU aren't the worst, they are the shittest owners football has ever known, but our bloody awful journey started there, before the true nightmare began.

Users who are viewing this thread