Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Saturday 16th Mar (4 Viewers)

gruffskyblue

I absolutely love this. If you want the Aguero moment then JP captures it perfectly at the end. He’s out of breath as the final attack starts and then HAJI WRIIIIIIGHT!!

This is why we support City. This is why I hate seeing Premier League sofa-supporting fake-fans of Manure, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. You only feel the real adrenaline hit if you’ve been through the shit we have. I mean, imagine Liverpool being told they have to play at Prenton Park for a season. It would be a national disgrace! Yet we just had to suck it up! Now, we finally reap our rewards.

I love this club and Robins has made this all possible. ❤️

Grendel

Let’s not kid ourselves as brilliant as we were yesterday, and we were magnificent, Wolves would beat us most weeks. We have seen that with how the promoted teams have coped this season.

Wolves didn’t have their first 4 first team attackers …. This was a big part of why they looked so toothless

It wasn’t just their lack of attacks though was it. We created a glut of chances.

The keeper kept them in it and we missed easy chances to end the game before they scored

alexccfc99

I'd have loved to have been in that home end when aguero won them the league tbh
Actual Man City fans get it though, they're a proper club who won the lottery - I don't like some of the stick they get at times

They could have easily been us and we could have been them if stars aligned differently

Great_Expectations

Still not caught up with this thread yet.

However the kids are going out for lunch with the grandparents today, for about 2-3 hours. Absolutely perfect time to re watch the whole game and read the numerous match related threads on here.

Might even have a Guinness too - it is the day for it. Albeit might make the family swim time this afternoon a bit more interesting!

ovduk78

I absolutely love this. If you want the Aguero moment then JP captures it perfectly at the end. He’s out of breath as the final attack starts and then HAJI WRIIIIIIGHT!!

This is why we support City. This is why I hate seeing Premier League sofa-supporting fake-fans of Manure, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. You only feel the real adrenaline hit if you’ve been through the shit we have. I mean, imagine Liverpool being told they have to play at Prenton Park for a season. It would be a national disgrace! Yet we just had to suck it up! Now, we finally reap our rewards.

I love this club and Robins has made this all possible. ❤️

No song yet @gruffskyblue , very poor 😉🤣

I don't think I have seen a fitter CCFC team, we never stopped for 100 minutes

SBT

Has anyone got any clips of the post match scenes with the team celebrating on the pitch? ITV showed a few of them but my phone was blowing up with calls at that point!

Grendel

Has anyone got any clips of the post match scenes with the team celebrating on the pitch? ITV showed a few of them but my phone was blowing up with calls at that point!

Well it certainly put to bed the myth that o hare is no longer interested and a disruptive influence

The CableGuy

I listened to TalkSport on the way to the match yesterday, they had some bloke from one of the bookies on giving the odds for all the cup ties

What an absolute C-Unit he was

"I don't see how Wolves don't win"

"I would struggle to name any of Coventry's players"

"I'd offer decent odds on Coventry even scoring a goal"

Suck on that you prick

He also said that "Coventry are nothing special." Prick. Hope his bookies business goes bust.

Sky Blue Pete

Not for me. Call me a scrooge but don't get this glorifying of running on the pitch (regardless of age). Yes emotions were very high, but it will only encourage others sadly. I get it's not the same as some drugged up idiot running on during a game, but rules are rules. Stay off the pitch.
One off I think it’s ok

djr8369

Incredible performance and will go down as a classic. One of our proudest moments. Should have been clear before they scored their first.

Watched in a random pub in Leeds city centre and tempted to watch the whole game again tonight.

Hertsccfc

Not for me. Call me a scrooge but don't get this glorifying of running on the pitch (regardless of age). Yes emotions were very high, but it will only encourage others sadly. I get it's not the same as some drugged up idiot running on during a game, but rules are rules. Stay off the pitch.
I agree. It's attention seeking when all the attention should be on the players and management team.

shmmeee

Sorry no. Don’t give a shit if he’s a kid. So are the little scrotes with “give me your shirt” signs. And they all need to fuck off. If a player want to give a shirt away then fine but all shirt begging should be a ban. It encourages the worst in kids and makes the graspy little shits. No thanks.

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry no. Don’t give a shit if he’s a kid. So are the little scrotes with “give me your shirt” signs. And they all need to fuck off. If a player want to give a shirt away then fine but all shirt begging should be a ban. It encourages the worst in kids and makes the graspy little shits. No thanks.
Thanks dad

Users who are viewing this thread