Will Thursday's big news be a ground share with the Cobblers... (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Oh please god no..

Skyblueloyal

Who cares I won't go there or anywhere else to watch a home match. Our home is Coventry and we play at The Ricoh

Nick

Administrator
I'd probably go for a look, wouldn't be able to make every game though. They could look at our rejects even closer then if we played there!

Skybluesquirrel

Looking on JeffersonLake twitter feed, the bloke who started the rumour leading to the thread, he's saying the announcement on Thursday is

'it's very very very very very very very very very very very very good'

CCFC ground sharing is not very very good etc. It would be interesting or a bit of surprise, but not very very good. Could be about anything.

Sky Blues

Looking on JeffersonLake twitter feed, the bloke who started the rumour leading to the thread, he's saying the announcement on Thursday is

'it's very very very very very very very very very very very very good'

CCFC ground sharing is not very very good etc. It would be interesting or a bit of surprise, but not very very good. Could be about anything.

Someone on the Cobblers forum suggests there will be two bits of news, one good and one divisive. They seem to be nattering about a redevelopment that would, I assume, be good for them. Someone also suggests a 3-year ground share with Cov (divisive surely?) could help pay for that redevelopment. Of course, I don't know whether they are talking with any real knowledge or just whistling in the wind...

Skybluesquirrel

Someone on the Cobblers forum suggests there will be two bits of news, one good and one divisive. They seem to be nattering about a redevelopment that would, I assume, be good for them. Someone also suggests a 3-year ground share with Cov (divisive surely?) could help pay for that redevelopment. Of course, I don't know whether they are talking with any real knowledge or just whistling in the wind...

What can you build with the best part of £100,000 a year? A small semi next to the main stand? With a garage...

Cant see SISU paying much to share NTFC ground if they baulked at £400K for the Ricoh.

Brighton Sky Blue

What can you build with the best part of £100,000 a year? A small semi next to the main stand? With a garage...

Cant see SISU paying much to share NTFC ground if they baulked at £400K for the Ricoh.

More to the point any club with their heads screwed on will be demanding all of the rent to be paid in full before agreeing to anything, given our owners' pioneering efforts in the field of rent boycotting.

Hugh Jarse

Who cares I won't go there or anywhere else to watch a home match. Our home is Coventry and we play at The Ricoh

Exactly, Northampton might as well be as far as John O Groats as far as I'm concerned. I will not watch CCFC at any other home venue than somewhere in Coventry

Hope that clears things up.

Sky Blues

Ha, as I said, I don't have foggiest, but a few of their fans seem to be getting excited about something, while also using words like interesting times and blue sky. It might be nothing that concerns us, but then again maybe a few of their fans are closer to people in the know than ours are to Sisu. Thursday, that bringer of hope and destroyer of souls, may bring more news... or it may not.

rightumpty

Where Coventry City are concerned, Thursdays always bring bad news. But then again, so do Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Can't remember any good news since Ken Deluded left and then we only got Tim Nice But Dim.

Sky Blues

Where Coventry City are concerned, Thursdays always bring bad news. But then again, so do Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Can't remember any good news since Ken Deluded left and then we only got Tim Nice But Dim.

We occasionally get the odd rumour about a rich Chinese tycoon, who we never hear of again. Was just trying to find out what Northampton might need money for - maybe they need to build a house for Roy "20 goals in a season" O'Donovan: http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/s...n-can-hit-20-goal-mark-for-cobblers-1-5230141

Cobblers36

The very very good news for us is not CCFC related in any way shape or form and relates to our redevelopment deal which has been going on for a while.

The news that will divide opinion is 100% CCFC related.

CJ_covblaze

Jefferson has just said to me he doesn't know anything about us moving there.

Sky Blues

The very very good news for us is not CCFC related in any way shape or form and relates to our redevelopment deal which has been going on for a while.

The news that will divide opinion is 100% CCFC related.

What are you redeveloping? I thought Sixfields was less than 20 years old. I remember going to your tumbledown wreck of a ground in the 1980s sometime, but thought you left that for Sixfields.

Gint11

I certainly will not be going to Northampton to watch us if this rumour is true.

CovisGod

These links to ground shares keep getting further and further away, it will soon be quicker for me to watch a Cov game living in Norfolk than you lot that live in the City !

Cobblers36

What are you redeveloping? I thought Sixfields was less than 20 years old. I remember going to your tumbledown wreck of a ground in the 1980s sometime, but thought you left that for Sixfields.

The County Ground had its charm kind of.

It's all about corporate and getting 24/7 income I believe so the club can fully progress. Sixfields is ok but very limited in corporate facilities.

_brian_

These links to ground shares keep getting further and further away, it will soon be quicker for me to watch a Cov game living in Norfolk than you lot that live in the City !

Not strictly true! Anything to the west of Coventry would increase the journey for you coming from Norfolk.

BrisbaneBronco

Won't be a ground share with Cobblers if Nene Park is available. Both similar in capacity and distance away from CV1, and Nene Park would not involve ground sharing.

wingy

Won't be a ground share with Cobblers if Nene Park is available. Both similar in capacity and distance away from CV1, and Nene Park would not involve ground sharing.

If there was a serious plan In place something would have leaked by now ,tomorrows story will be another carefully placed SISU PR IMO.

People talk and Harry shaw or another would be Involved locally ,It would have to leak out.

chiefdave

could be a cost issue, maybe it's cheaper to share Northampton than get Nene Park back up and running?

BrisbaneBronco

If there was a serious plan In place something would have leaked by now ,tomorrows story will be another carefully placed SISU PR IMO.

People talk and Harry shaw or another would be Involved locally ,It would have to leak out.

It will be the Ricoh, we will still be in admin and whilst we are, SISU can do sweet fa

rupert_bear

Has the 2 week notice for that creditors meeting been put in yet ? don't forget after that meeting there's a 28 day cooling off period and then theres the crucial "fit and proper" Football League meeting. No desision on a ground share can be announced until we are out of administration, Fisher himself said that. We less than 5 weeks away from our first home match.

wingy

Has the 2 week notice for that creditors meeting been put in yet ? don't forget after that meeting there's a 28 day cooling off period and then theres the crucial "fit and proper" Football League meeting. No desision on a ground share can be announced until we are out of administration, Fisher himself said that. We less than 5 weeks away from our first home match.

So he did ,I wonder If a trawl of the net would throw up a scenario where A N Other club were Unable to clarify their aims due to being In Admin.

Will be going to whereever we play, so if it in northampton so be it the team(sorry youth team)need fans behind them on the pitch,will not let cunty acl and sisu and ccc destroy my support for the team on the pitch....and if this makes me a scab so fecking what PUSB........

Users who are viewing this thread