Why our crowds are awful (1 Viewer)

Swanny80

Year on year on year we are served up total rubbish. I've supported the sky blues for 21 years and never have we finished above 8th in any season.

It's absolutely terrible. Everyone is sick to death of what we have to suffer. Why will people pay 25 to watch a load of trash

im amazed we get 10k

fed up up of it all

the rumpo kid

after watching that 10,000 odd was a very good gate . many more performances like that and people will stay away again.

letsallsingtogether

every thread i read the price to get in goes up
£24.00 on the gate today I paid £16.00 today and to be honest I was ripped off utter shite today.

Never mind I will be ripped off again next week:( but I am afraid we will be lucky to see 8000 there at this rate, most supporters have now had enough quite a few left at half time! One was a season ticket holder who went to sixfields!!!!

Criminal utter Criminal what has happened to our team:mad:

dongonzalos

To me it is obvious
You will always have your hardcore fans who attend no matter what.
Others need to be entertained. They are paying good money and taking out a large chunk of their Saturday.

They need to see something that grips their imagination or takes them through a roller coster of emotions.

I like SP, however this style of footy won't do it.

It is down to the football club to bring the crowds.
It might make us successful grinding out 1-0's However it won't draw the crowds.
Some won't accept it but people need to be entertained. If they are the crowds will follow. Their is so much potential in this catchment area.

However for average mid table division three football 10k is good going.

Grendel

To me it is obvious
You will always have your hardcore fans who attend no matter what.
Others need to be entertained. They are paying good money and taking out a large chunk of their Saturday.

They need to see something that grips their imagination or takes them through a roller coster of emotions.

I like SP, however this style of footy won't do it.
It might make us successful grinding out 1-0's However it won't draw the crowds.
Some won't accept but people need to be entertained. If they are the crowds will follow. Their is so much potential in this catchment area.

However for average mid table division three football 10k is good going.

A serious question - did you consider thorn an entertaining manager?

dongonzalos

A serious question - did you consider thorn an entertaining manager?

When he took over after AB for that period where we stayed up for me he was a life savour. The style of football was far more easy on the eye.
The hoofing was getting very depressing.
The second season I found the matches entertaining and it gave me personally that roller coster feeling of emotions unfortunately mostly ending in disappointment.
However your question does remind me that on top of entertainment you also need a dollop of success.

I think with SP we may get the success but not the entertainment

stupot07

When he took over after AB for that period where we stayed up for me he was a life savour. The style of football was far more easy on the eye.
The second season I found the matches entertaining and it gave me personally that roller coster feeling of emotions unfortunately mostly ending in disappointment.
However your question does remind me that on top of entertainment you also need a dollop of success.

Rollercoaster of emotions? We were bottom of the league for the majority of the season, and bearing got out the relegation zone all season. It was shit, men against boys, and I stuck up for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

Rollercoaster of emotions? We were bottom of the league for the majority of the season, and bearing got out the relegation zone all season. It was shit, men against boys, and I stuck up for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yes we were.
Although the fact you state didn't render me devoid of all emotions.
Yes it was certainly men against boys I agree our men were either sold or their contracts ran down

Grendel

There was no roller coasted we flatlined and attendances saw a huge season on season slump.

Which season do you think ib the last 40 were we on the top 6 for most of it?

Sky Blue Harry H

Just an observation re: crowd size - the CET recently highlighted Mick Quinn's goalscoring exploits with us in the top flight - second home game into the season (havingdrawn midweek away at Sheff Utd) and we had 11,000 against Ipswich (in the TOP flight). So 10k in the 3rt tier after 2 successive defeats needs some perspective. That said - a few more performances like that :eek::eek: - if that doesn't wake SP up, I don't know what will. Not convinced re: formation. JC is not a wingback - Swanson offered no cover to Haynes (which is why he got booked - making attempt to redeem being out of position) and forwards looked powder puff (not helped by what was behind them) I was actually reasonably happy with how the defenders played (reserve judgement on opening goal until I've seen it more clearly). Next 2 games MASSIVE.

dongonzalos

An easier answer is the last time I was really properly entertained consistently by Cov was when we were dubbed the entertainers.
That's why attendances have gradually dwindled that's a long time without proper entertainment.
So its shows I am not just having a pop at SISU. It's been like this for a long time.

The club have to generate that spark with supporters not the other way round.

The shame is when it happened last season it was because CW was that good SP had no choice.

As oppose to him wanting to play that way.

Last edited:

Grendel

An easier answer us the last time I was really properly entertained consistently by Cov was when we were dubbed the entertainers.
That's why attendances have gradually dwindled that's a long time without proper entertainment

So you agree no top 6 finish is bollocks?

Ashdown

2 x Adult tickets for us today =£48
Entertainment value 1/10
Value for money 1/10

I've said it before, £15 adults, £10 16-21's, £ 5 Under 16's. If City think that they can charge those stupid prices today and serve up that utter shite then they may as well shut up shop.
Oh and Mr Pressley, you've lived very nicely now off the successes of Wilson and Clarke but now you have to show your mettle because your record since they departed is abysmal ?!
SISU are still utterly fucking up this football club in almost every way, won't be back next week, will support Cov Rugby which is much better value and on Monday will go to Brandon to cheer on the Bees in the Elite League play offs.
Love all the Cov sporting teams but CCFC and their piss poor owners need to act like they give a shit now for me !

Grendel

Sorry G-man genuinely not sure what you are getting at?

I am getting at the fact that we have had 1 season where until the end of march we were in the top six and yet crowds were lower than the season before when we were in the bottom six.

The following season we were sixth and scoring goals for fun up to December but crowds has all but evaporated.

The Lurker

I am getting at the fact that we have had 1 season where until the end of march we were in the top six and yet crowds were lower than the season before when we were in the bottom six.

The following season we were sixth and scoring goals for fun up to December but crowds has all but evaporated.

For me the reasons behind poor attendances are:

1) decline of the club on the pitch on a yearly basis (as mentioned, when was the last time we had something to cheer about?

2) the football. Last year at six fields this game produced a 9 goal thriller and every week goals were a abundance. This year at the Ricoh the football so far has been woeful. Also the away games I've been (MK, Bradford and Rochdale) have given me no excitement (exception of 5 mins at Bradford)

3) moving away from Ricoh for a season lost over 1,000 fans in my eyes.

dongonzalos

The season(s) I am talking about we were not top six the average crowd was around 20k
Which in Highfield road was impressive as it would have been around 80% capacity.

I guess it's all relative. I am probably wrong in this but I expect a CCFC not to be in division three. So the fact we are there I see as a failure. Then the fact we are not competing for automatic promotion I see as a bigger failure. Not getting in the top six in my books is a disgrace.

So you have to play some damn fine entertaining football to attract people at this level if you want more than 10 k when you are playing Yeovil town.

In league one I hoped for top ten but knew it was very unlikely the football we would play would generally not be great.

I would hope you will find when we played the entertains stuff we had higher attendances.

dongonzalos

For me the reasons behind poor attendances are:

1) decline of the club on the pitch on a yearly basis (as mentioned, when was the last time we had something to cheer about?

2) the football. Last year at six fields this game produced a 9 goal thriller and every week goals were a abundance. This year at the Ricoh the football so far has been woeful. Also the away games I've been (MK, Bradford and Rochdale) have given me no excitement (exception of 5 mins at Bradford)

3) moving away from Ricoh for a season lost over 1,000 fans in my eyes.

Moving away from the Ricoh has to have lost some fans.
Some people will have started doing other things and been surprised at how easily they adapted.
Others would have seen the money they saved and decided not to go back.
The odd one won't now go back on principle.

Ashdown

C'mon lets get real, the hedge fund cunts, sold the bulk of the decent players and replaced them with academy kids and a few journey men happy to play for almost any club that assured a steady income to top up their pension. There is no positive future with these cretins at the helm, they don't give a shiny shite about the football, they still have EYES ON THE PRIZE, nothing else !

M&B Stand

Year on year on year we are served up total rubbish. I've supported the sky blues for 21 years and never have we finished above 8th in any season.

It's absolutely terrible. Everyone is sick to death of what we have to suffer. Why will people pay 25 to watch a load of trash

im amazed we get 10k

fed up up of it all

40 odd years without a top six, nearly half a century without a league challenge, fans that back stadium management companies over their club. It's got me stumped.

stupot07

2 x Adult tickets for us today =£48
Entertainment value 1/10
Value for money 1/10

I've said it before, £15 adults, £10 16-21's, £ 5 Under 16's. If City think that they can charge those stupid prices today and serve up that utter shite then they may as well shut up shop.
Oh and Mr Pressley, you've lived very nicely now off the successes of Wilson and Clarke but now you have to show your mettle because your record since they departed is abysmal ?!
SISU are still utterly fucking up this football club in almost every way, won't be back next week, will support Cov Rugby which is much better value and on Monday will go to Brandon to cheer on the Bees in the Elite League play offs.
Love all the Cov sporting teams but CCFC and their piss poor owners need to act like they give a shit now for me !

If £14 per adult to watch nuneaton play relegation conference Football.

Grendel

The season(s) I am talking about we were not top six the average crowd was around 20k
Which in Highfield road was impressive as it would have been around 80% capacity.

I guess it's all relative. I am probably wrong in this but I expect a CCFC not to be in division three. So the fact we are there I see as a failure. Then the fact we are not competing for automatic promotion I see as a bigger failure. Not getting in the top six in my books is a disgrace.

So you have to play some damn fine entertaining football to attract people at this level if you want more than 10 k when you are playing Yeovil town.

In league one I hoped for top ten but knew it was very unlikely the football we would play would generally not be great.

I would hope you will find when we played the entertains stuff we had higher attendances.

We were never in the top 6 when a Coventry fan called us the entertainers and never won an away game all season if memory serves me correct.

dongonzalos

We were never in the top 6 when a Coventry fan called us the entertainers and never won an away game all season if memory serves me correct.

I think it was sky that called us the entertainers and like I said I don't think whilst in the top flight people had an expectation for us to be in the top six.
Success is relative to the division you are in.
Why do you keep mentioning the top six?

Last edited:

Ashdown

And the relevance of your post ? Is Nuneaton's ground bursting at the seams ? Football is terribly overrated, played like a game of chess these days by athletes not footballers. Fuck all happens for large periods in the game, players still playing like big time cheating and time wasting Charlies, so called professionalism and gamesmanship ? Its bollocks, lets be honest ! The only thing that makes football so attractive to watch is the fans and the atmosphere and they are being driven away by poor entertainment and high prices !

dongonzalos

Ticket prices in my opinion are wrong across the board.

We are ok in comparison to everyone else in division 3 but division three is too expensive as a whole. As is the conference if that Nuneaton's price

Last edited:

Gazolba

We used to get over 20,000 almost every week at Highfield Road in the Jimmy Hill years. The 'official capacity' may have been around 25k but we had more than that many times. When we played Wolves, almost 50,000 packed in.

stupot07

Ticket prices in my option are wrong across the board.

We are ok in comparison to everyone eksd in division 3 but division three is too expensive as a whole. As is the conference if that Nuneaton's price

Yes they are. But hey are what they are, and as we don't get that much access to additional revenues I can't see us reducing them anytime soon.

stupot07

No nuneaton a ground isn't bursting at the seems, probably a similar % of capacity.

Across the board football is too expensive, I agree with that, but in the meantime, if we were to reduce tickets by 25% then we would need to increase gates by 25% or reduce the wage bill further to fund it.

There are other options, you could have saved yourself £4 by buying them in advance, and if you are planning on attending half the games take advantage of the mini season ticket offer (£16 per game)

dongonzalos

Yes they are. But hey are what they are, and as we don't get that much access to additional revenues I can't see us reducing them anytime soon.

We won't be reducing them unless we knew it would lead to an equivalent increase in crowd. Which with our current football won't happen. Unfortunately the hardcore get overcharged.
All the leagues needs to take a good look at ticket prices. Wages just keep going up though so that won't happen

stupot07

We won't be reducing them unless we knew it would lead to an equivalent increase in crowd. Which with our current football won't happen. Unfortunately the hardcore get overcharged.
All the leagues needs to take a good look at ticket prices. Wages just keep going up though so that won't happen

That's why if you can, you need to get a ST. And to be honest that's one of the reasons matchday tickets are high anyway, to entice people into committing for the season for value for money.

Kingokings204

Be less than 10k for crawley. Hard to think why? Just shows everyone who was moaning their arse off for yeovil were wrong. 11k was actually a really good attendance. Folly to think otherwise.

End of the day we have lost 3 straight, scored 1 goal, in free fall, all the wasps ground talk, no serious league challenge for years and years, the football is dire and 3-5-2 is just wrong. It doesn't work.

Anything over 10k for crawley and that's a surprise.

It really isn't hard to work it all out

Grendel

Be less than 10k for crawley. Hard to think why? Just shows everyone who was moaning their arse off for yeovil were wrong. 11k was actually a really good attendance. Folly to think otherwise.

End of the day we have lost 3 straight, scored 1 goal, in free fall, all the wasps ground talk, no serious league challenge for years and years, the football is dire and 3-5-2 is just wrong. It doesn't work.

Anything over 10k for crawley and that's a surprise.

It really isn't hard to work it all out

No it isn't. It's because its Coventry . Norwich forest Leicester would a get 18,000 plus against Crawley in league one.

Users who are viewing this thread