Who's responsible? (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

When you have a large amount of people in a stadium environment, there's going to be lots of movement around the pitch, around the isles, around the concourses.
It wasn't as if it was the Partizan Belgrade ultras....

Can't believe people are all but saying this is okay and blaming the council for trying to stop it happening again.
Beggars belief.

Nick

Administrator
You miss the point.
Nobody is comparing it to Heysel but it shows what can happen if things get out of hand.
You also play down the movement of fans around the stadium which was quite unsettling for those they moved through to eventually get on the pitch.
The council never actually carried out the threat but just influenced actions to be put in place that avoided them having too.
I think you are playing down the seriousness of the situation being created for political reasons. You need to split the two up .

I agree, it was unsettling for some people and intimidating but that wasn't just people moving about it was the atmosphere and the way people behaved in general.

As pointed out though, did they do much about a 16 year old being let in to an event for over 18's and then having a drugs overdose in terms of stopping people going to future events etc?

I think you are playing down the situation for political reasons.

italiahorse

I agree, it was unsettling for some people and intimidating but that wasn't just people moving about it was the atmosphere and the way people behaved in general.
As pointed out though, did they do much about a 16 year old being let in to an event for over 18's and then having a drugs overdose in terms of stopping people going to future events etc?
I think you are playing down the situation for political reasons.

My politics on this are simple and it should be evident in all threads I post in.
We need to build bridges with Wasps and the Council.
Yes, sometimes I will just play devils advocate just to test the reasoning.

There is no point in continuing the fight as its all now done and dusted and can't be changed.
Sisu continue the fight at the expense of the club and there is no doubt that the council and Wasps are just playing a waiting game while they are still here.
Both Wasps and CCC are key to our future and I get frustrated that fans think that the battle continues and hence I try and smooth it over with reasoning.
It's not liked on here by some but it's not going to stop me.

italiahorse

I haven't said it's ok. My point is that the council have massively over-reacted and the cynic in me knows why that is...
Maybe, but they still need to justify their actions.
I would agree the stewarding is not up to scratch in some areas but I would suggest the council are to blame for the increased stewarding and not the poor stewarding.
I personally have not had a problem with stewarding but then again I don't want to get at the opposition, get on the pitch, get in on a kids ticket or bring in any projectiles. ;)

Nick

Administrator
Maybe, but they still need to justify their actions.
I would agree the stewarding is not up to scratch in some areas but I would suggest the council are to blame for the increased stewarding and not the poor stewarding.
I personally have not had a problem with stewarding but then again I don't want to get at the opposition, get on the pitch, get in on a kids ticket or bring in any projectiles. ;)

Who's to blame for the poor stewarding then?

chiefdave

More from the Observer:
Security clampdown by council and Wasps ‘distressing Coventry City’ with cost of ‘clueless’ agency staff
Some quotes from stewards:
“One of the agency stewards said it was their first time in a football ground and that he normally works on the doors at Broad Street in Birmingham.
“Another agency steward ran through the concourse five minutes before kick-off to find someone to tell him where Row FF was.
“One Russian agency worker couldn’t speak English so couldn’t direct anyone. Other fans are being directed to the wrong stand from outside the ground.
“We were briefed at the start of the season Wasps wanted us out and wanted to take control themselves, saying Coventry City stewards are rubbish and it’s their stadium

Users who are viewing this thread