Whole squad. Who stays, who goes? (1 Viewer)

Tea & Busquets

Really bizarre that some want to chuck Reid in the bin already. Just needs a good loan to get back on track.

long way home

This is a massive summer for the club, MR will have to work really hard and smart to improve on this seasons effort. To make it easier he needs to see improvement from the younger group to get the depth he needs to compete a the top end of this league.

The group of Reid, Bapaga, Dananga, Rowe, Drysdale, Cashman, Burroughs and Rus are on the clock and they need to show MR that they have improved enough to gain places in our squads next season. If they don't show this or haven't improved enough then I'm sure MR will move them on.

But massive summer with all possible outcomes for the 8 mentioned still open. Let's hope 2 or 3 of this group have improved enough and have the desire to bridge the gap.

Last edited:

Philosorapter

Da Costa 2 starts 2 wins, though he was hauled off at half time in one of them 😂

Julien Dacosta:

Start of season 1447.7
Appearances in 4 league games
Current rating 1482.6
Rating difference +34.9

Last edited:

WestEndAgro

Wow lots of contrasting opinions. But football is a game of opinions. I'll trust Robin's to make the right choices but do not think we will see a clearout of the first team squad all but one or two.

As for hamer, it's been reported he may be going to Celtic? If he is I'd expect 10m for him.
That alone would enable Robins to keep our other best players and bring one or two in.
10 million pound + deals don't happen in Scotland so if he's going to the Blue half or Green half he'll be going for peanuts. Which Boody has stated won't be happening.

WestEndAgro

I think it’s fairly obvious he’s made his mind up already, he doesn’t need to see him for 10 minutes in a dead rubber
Exactly, they will have already made their decisions on everyone's future, it won't be made on the basis of two games at the end of the season.
Like many have already alluded to it's a case of whether they can move/keep them.

better days

This is a massive summer for the club, MR will have to work really hard and smart to improve on this seasons effort. To make it easier he needs to see improvement from the younger group to get the depth he needs to compete a the top end of this league.

The group of Reid, Bapaga, Dananga, Rowe, Drysdale, Cashman, Burroughs and Rus are on the clock and they need to show MR that they have improved enough to gain places in our squads next season. If they don't show this or haven't improved enough then I'm sure MR will move them on.

But massive summer with all possible outcomes for the 8 mentioned still open. Let's hope 2 or 3 of this group have improved enough and have the desire to bridge the gap.
The majority of the young players you list are likely to be released if they're out of contract

KenilworthSkyBlue

Although I can't see him challenging O'Hare for his spot (at best it'd be to play alongside him) given that we've renewed his contract for three years while he's been injured it would seem pointless to not at least give him some time to prove whether or not he could be a squad player here next year (personally i think he could be given his likely wages). It seems very odd that MR has given him so few opportunities (I don't think he's looked terrible in his brief time on the pitch) unless he has looked really poor in training.

Let's say the club did offer him a contract, which I think is incredibly unlikely, why would Jones accept that when he's gone a full year without even playing a combined total of 90 minutes?

He's 24 now and hasn't started a league game in 4 and a half years. He needs to push on at some point.

Offhegoes

Jodi is a strange one. He has looked decent when he has come in, made Godden's equaliser at Huddersfield for example. Unless Robins is really being careful with him, and allowing this season for him to train and get his confidence back, which in that case means he may get another year and more game time.

SlowerThanPlatt

Jodi is a strange one. He has looked decent when he has come in, made Godden's equaliser at Huddersfield for example. Unless Robins is really being careful with him, and allowing this season for him to train and get his confidence back, which in that case means he may get another year and more game time.

With respect, Jodi Jones is not some elite level talent worth millions we’d need to protect in that way. Even accepting this is true, would he not be making a squad of 18 with 2 games left?

no_loyalty

Sell/Release

CB
- Drysdale, Pask
RB - Da Costa
LB - Reid
WI - Jones, Hilsner
ST - Waghorn

Loan Out

Bapaga, Tavares, Burroughs, Cashman

Keep

GK -
Moore, Wilson
CB - McFadzean, Hyam, Rose
RB - Dabo, Kane
LB - Bidwell
CM - Hamer, Sheaf, Allen, Kelly, Eccles
AM - O'Hare
ST - Gyokeres, Godden, Walker

Sign/Loan In

CB
- Clarke-Salter (free), Ostigard (loan/free)
LB - Maatsen (1 year loan with option to buy)
CM - Browne (Preston North End)
AM - Honeyman (Hull City)
WI - Hernandez (Norwich City)
ST - Archer (1 year loan from Aston Villa)

If we are going to stick with a 3-4-2-1 / 3-4-1-2 formation, I think we really need to strengthen the defence and wing back areas. Would like to see us sign an out and out pacey winger just so we can change the formation when trailing in games.

Shipley?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Let's say the club did offer him a contract, which I think is incredibly unlikely, why would Jones accept that when he's gone a full year without even playing a combined total of 90 minutes?

He's 24 now and hasn't started a league game in 4 and a half years. He needs to push on at some point.
I was talking about the way he's been utilised this season. IF we offered him a new contract but he had other options on similar money but more likely to play I fully expect he'd choose to leave.

Grendel

I was talking about the way he's been utilised this season. IF we offered him a new contract but he had other options on similar money but more likely to play I fully expect he'd choose to leave.

Why would robins offer a deal? He doesn’t rate him I think that’s pretty obvious

CJ_covblaze

Obviously if we can get away without losing any of our prized assets and can add a couple of extra gems (hopefully a left back and centre half) that’s preferred. Personally I feel the most important players we keep are the spine of Hyam, Sheaf and Gyokeres. The rest are important too but if any of them do leave we can get some big fees and it can be invested into building a team around those three.

SheafIsGod

Get rid

O’Hare (to any 5 mil+ bid)
Shipley
Jones
Kelly
Allen
Waghorn
Pask
Drysdale
Dacosta
Walker

Must keep

Hamer (although unlikely)
Gyok
Sheaf

——————

I’m a bit merh about the rest. Wouldn’t really care if they left as long as we replace.

covcity4life

In terms of really going for promotion then ideally

100% keep

Gyok
O hare
Hamer
Sheaf

Can keep

Dabo
Maatsen new loan
JCS signing
Mcfadz
Hyam
Rose
Moore
Wilson
Kane
Tavares
Jones low salary new contract
Godden
Eccles
Bidwell

Time to go

Shipley
Allen and a genuine thanks for all uve done
Walker
Waghorn
Kelly a legend but thinking about getting to prem here

Think that is everyone. May have missed someone out.

Keep the fab 4 . Sign JCS. Hopefully maatsen again who I personnaly like but if not sign a good lwb.

Then 3 or 4 new signings to give us that extra push on. An AMC to help o hare is a must. A strong cm workhorse. And top striker to go alongside gyok. One more top class CB be nice to give us a unit of 5. Ostigaard perhaps.

Over to you sisu

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

100% keep

Gyok
O hare
Hamer
Sheaf

Can keep

Dabo
Maatsen new loan
JCS signing
Mcfadz
Hyam
Rose
Moore
Wilson
Kane
Tavares
Godden
Eccles
Bidwell

Time to go

Shipley
Walker
Waghorn

Keep the fab 4 . Sign JCS. Hopefully maatsen again who I personnaly like but if not sign a good lwb.

Then 3 or 4 new signings to give us that extra push on. An AMC to help o hare is a must. A strong cm workhorse. And top striker to go alongside gyok. One more top class CB be nice to give us a unit of 5. Ostigaard perhaps.

Over to you sisu
Agree with you except for Allen. I think he's a useful squad player,

Probably don't need a CM workhorse if we keep Sheaf and Hamer, as hopefully Eccles will kick on and Allen can also fill in.

We need at least one CB, 2 including replacing JCS, an AM and a LWB as priorities. If we could offload Walker and Waghorn we can bring in another striker. I like Godden but too injury prone and I think Tavares could be the fourth choice offering something a bit different.

Terry Gibson's perm

100% keep

Gyok
O hare
Hamer
Sheaf

Can keep

Dabo
Maatsen new loan
JCS signing
Mcfadz
Hyam
Rose
Moore
Wilson
Kane
Tavares
Godden
Eccles
Bidwell

Time to go

Shipley
Walker
Waghorn

Over to you sisu

I would be amazed if he let Allen go as he has started most of the games for weeks.

Grendel

covcity4life

I would be amazed if he let Allen go as he has started most of the games for weeks.
Yeah this is more what I would want. I like Allen. I agree he plays quite well. But it's just a position that I don't think he would get a starting spot in any other team looking for promotion. He's punching above his weight. Admirable but for us a club we need better player there.

That said agree no problem with him being a squad player either.

clint van damme

Yeah this is more what I would want. I like Allen. I agree he plays quite well. But it's just a position that I don't think he would get a starting spot in any other team looking for promotion. He's punching above his weight. Admirable but for us a club we need better player there.

That said agree no problem with him being a squad player either.

He's a squad player now, just happens that the squad is as thin as a rizla which is why he's played so much.
With Eccles fit again and a Kelly replacement bought in I don't think we'll be seeing as much off him next season.

rexo87

Don't mind Allen being a squad player to cover Hamer/Sheaf positions but don't want to see him playing in attacking midfield

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread