White spray (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Great idea to give that to the refs for marking spots and lines in the pitch!

Otis

I did mention this a year or so ago when it was first mooted, but no-one seemed very interested,. :whistle:

It's an excellent idea. The foam just disolves too. It will stop encroachment stone dead. Now just need to do something about shirt pulling, feigning injury and taking the ball to the corner flags.

I would suggest an electronic device woven into the players' shirts and every time a player pulls or tugs another player's shirt a voice that would be a cross between Dale Winton and Brian Blessed would bellow out 'GAY!'

That would stop the perpetrators.

And for the killing the game thing, I'd just set up an invisible electric zone that is automatically switched on with 5 mins to go and anyone who takes the ball to the flag gets instantly zapped.

As for the diving and feigning injury, I would spray the entire pitch with essence of dog shit and then perhaps people wouldn't be so keen to get their faces in the turf!!

Come on FIFA, sort it out! A bung here and there and this could be in place in no time.

Sky Blues

Otis, the problem with your cunning plan to stop diving is that it might discourage diving headers too. After RvP's goal yesterday he chewed up a fair amount of turf as he slid to a halt. And I can't bear to think about the '87 cup final without Houchen's goal...

Otis

Otis, the problem with your cunning plan to stop diving is that it might discourage diving headers too. After RvP's goal yesterday he chewed up a fair amount of turf as he slid to a halt. And I can't bear to think about the '87 cup final without Houchen's goal...

I thought Houchen had shit teeth anyway.

Danceswithhorses

I did mention this a year or so ago when it was first mooted, but no-one seemed very interested,. :whistle:

It's an excellent idea. The foam just disolves too. It will stop encroachment stone dead. Now just need to do something about shirt pulling, feigning injury and taking the ball to the corner flags.

I would suggest an electronic device woven into the players' shirts and every time a player pulls or tugs another player's shirt a voice that would be a cross between Dale Winton and Brian Blessed would bellow out 'GAY!'

That would stop the perpetrators.

And for the killing the game thing, I'd just set up an invisible electric zone that is automatically switched on with 5 mins to go and anyone who takes the ball to the flag gets instantly zapped.

As for the diving and feigning injury, I would spray the entire pitch with essence of dog shit and then perhaps people wouldn't be so keen to get their faces in the turf!!

Come on FIFA, sort it out! A bung here and there and this could be in place in no time.
Respect...you've really put alot of thought into that :whistle: ;)

First heard about this spray ages ago and thought, great idea.
Amazed it's taken this long to bring in...i mean, how much testing do you need to do with it ?

Last edited:

stupot07

Ref in Uru v Costa Rica game even used it around the ball! He was really going to it!

Good idea I think, although there are more important matters that need addressing In the game imo

Yeah saw that. I know what you mean by more important matters needing addressing however I think it's a great idea, and low cost so should be brought straight in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Yeah saw that. I know what you mean by more important matters needing addressing however I think it's a great idea, and low cost so should be brought straight in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I agree. Gives the players one less reason to argue with the officials I suppose, and as you say, it's cheap but effective.

Did laugh yesterday though when one player complained that the spray had gone in his boots :D

Otis

You know, I would love to see this used for free kicks in general, not just when a wall is formed.

How many times do you see a free kick given and then a player rolls the ball a foot or two forwards and then another player advances it a bit further and then further still. Quite often you see at least 4 or 5 yards gained.

Wouldn't take a ref a second or two to spray where the foul was made. Does annoy me when players try to take advantage. Same happens all the time with throw ins too. Several yards gained.

dutchman

When I first heard the commentator say "Out comes the spray" I was in the kitchen making tea so I assumed he meant painkiller spray!

Anyway, why stop there, why not issue refs with pepper spray to use on argumentative players? (I'm joking of course).:laugh:

Otis

What's the point of spraying white spray to mark out 10 yards and having the defenders stand behind the white line to only then allow the defenders behind the line to nudge forwards until they are standing in front of the line totally nullifying the 10 yards?

Just happened in the Greece game.

Come on refs, the spray is a great idea, don't let it get blown out of the water barely after its been introduced!! Dead easy to spray the spray and dead easy to make sure the defenders stand behind the mark!

If they don't nail this now defenders will creep ever nearer until it will be norm for everyone to stand just in front of the 10 yard mark.

ccfcway

What's the point of spraying white spray to mark out 10 yards and having the defenders stand behind the white line to only then allow the defenders behind the line to nudge forwards until they are standing in front of the line totally nullifying the 10 yards?

Just happened in the Greece game.

Come on refs, the spray is a great idea, don't let it get blown out of the water barely after its been introduced!! Dead easy to spray the spray and dead easy to make sure the defenders stand behind the mark!

If they don't nail this now defenders will creep ever nearer until it will be norm for everyone to stand just in front of the 10 yard mark.

i was watching that thinking "if they had refs behind the goal they wouldnt have got away with that".

In BIG games, ie, top flight and major tournys, 5 refs should be the norm.

mds

And when Uruguay are playing, 9!

And when Uruguay are playing, 9!

And when Uruguay are playing, 9!!

I think i get your point :D

Now i dont :mad:

The spray is a great idea, the only problem i see is in the measuring of the 10yds. Seen way too many that are obviously a yard or three short.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think i get your point :D

The spray is a great idea, the only problem i see is in the measuring of the 10yds. Seen way too many that are obviously a yard or three short.

I think that depends on how tall or short a ref is? :thinking about: Short ref - shorter steps - shorter distance.

CJ_covblaze

I think that depends on how tall or short a ref is? :thinking about: Short ref - shorter steps - shorter distance.

Main thing is it's the same for both sides.

mds

Yes but 10yds is 10yds not 7 8 or 9, it gives a slight advantage/disadvantage to one team or the other at free kicks, the ref should have a retractable string line wrapped around the spray can :)

Users who are viewing this thread