Which team have you? (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Think it is equal between Norwich, Man United, Villa and Leicester, Liverpool good home and away split.

Notts forest and Sheff Wed are high on the count if you are talking just away games.

Last edited:

covmark

Southampton, they were the most local team for me for quite a few years. Used to go to all the away games there. Sucks to see how we've gone in opposite directions recently. Makes it worse that I work in Southampton most of the week so I get no end of piss taking :(

torchomatic

Sheffield Wednesday I would say. It's the probably the away ground I've visited most.

fernandopartridge

I'm struggling to count. The seasons post relegation seem to blend together. I reckon Hillsborough is my most attended away game.

skybluesam66

based on ours and other clubs longevity in the top flight, and also away games been to, would be either villa or manu

skybluelee

Southampton. Never missed a Southampton v Coventry match at the Dell/St Marys from 1984. Can only recall three wins in that time (87/88, 97/98, and 00/01 in the LC). Shocking.

fernandopartridge

Southampton. Never missed a Southampton v Coventry match at the Dell/St Marys from 1984. Can only recall three wins in that time (87/88, 97/98, and 00/01 in the LC). Shocking.
We won in the league that last Prem season didn't we? Sure Bellamy scored twice near the beginning of the season

olderskyblue

Arsenal I think. every year in the Prem/1st Division, plus seen away many times.

Monners

We won in the league that last Prem season didn't we? Sure Bellamy scored twice near the beginning of the season

Think it was 1-1 FP. I recall it being a evening game -although I also recall that I had a shed full of ale that day too, so oy may well be right.

Monners

As for the opening question: Arsenal, Villa, Saints spring to mind immediately due to away games too. FIrst time to watch Cov at HIghbury was when Dixon chipped Seaman from 40 yards in the 1st minute - same game as Peter Ndlovu's first goal for City in a 2-1 win

Moff

Southampton, and Sheff Weds for me, mainly as both were with us for so long in the top flight and have also played us in the Championship. I also lived in Sheffield for a while which helped getting to Hillsborough.

Boith clubs also have similarities to us in size fan base etc (well used to be) and have fans we seem to get on very well with which helps a great deal.

duffer

Funnily enough, other than Derby (who I guess are just about local), I'd also say Sheff Weds in terms of away trips. Man City a couple of times, Man Utd a couple or three. Stockport was a good day out, I recall. :)

Monners

Woking away in a cup replay (we should have lost, but scraped through). Always Ipswich, although never saw us win there, and Everton (didn't see us win there either :eek:)

Grendel

Seen City play the most times?

Discounting local teams.

Assuming home and away as I've been since 1972 I logically have to go with a team that was I'm the top flight all the time we were. I've been to an field more than highbury or Goodison so Liverpool it is.

shmmeee

Probably Arsenal. Only because I've seen City away there twice and wouldn't have missed a home game in the Prem.

bringbackrattles

You say not local teams but Wolves,Leicester,W.B.A. are the one's I've seen us play home and away by far the most.
So it has to be from when we were in the top flight so it's Arsenal Leeds,Chelsea and both Manchester clubs.

Sky Blue Harry H

Leeds United or Arsenal

A bit odd, I know, but while I have been to places like Norwich, Newcastle, Forest and Sheff Utd about half a dozen times and places like Preston, Carlisle etc, there are a few major grounds I've never been to. Not sure why - no Man U, man City, Everton or Liverpool, yet I've been to Spurs about 4 times, QPR similar. Think I'm just odd like that - never been to Sixfields either (separate thread !!!)

Hobo

A bit odd, I know, but while I have been to places like Norwich, Newcastle, Forest and Sheff Utd about half a dozen times and places like Preston, Carlisle etc, there are a few major grounds I've never been to. Not sure why - no Man U, man City, Everton or Liverpool, yet I've been to Spurs about 4 times, QPR similar. Think I'm just odd like that - never been to Sixfields either (separate thread !!!)

Try and visit the NW clubs Harry. I've had some real good days at Old Trafford. The old Main Road and Goodison Park were always two of my favourite grounds...always found Anfield slightly disappointing?

Users who are viewing this thread