What's happening at the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

As poor as the management of the Ricoh was under CCC and Higgs ownership the one shining light was the praise the staff on the ground received, even winning awards for being the best in the country.

That all seems to have changed. Had a tweet last night on my timeline talking about fights at the Rhianna concert. Dug a bit further and twitter was full of complaints about the organisation of the event and attitude of the staff. Problems with parking, huge queuing times to get in, huge queues at the concessions, severing alcohol to those underage, fighting, people openly drug taking and things going missing from the cloakrooms were all mentioned.

Looked further back and it seems a common theme going back to shortly after the change of ownership. Go to the Arena's reviews on their Facebook page, sort them so you see the newest first and you will struggle to find anything complimentary.

Having not been to any non-CCFC events there since the change of ownership I haven't personally experienced that. Anyone on here been and have an insight in to what is going wrong?

Will need to be sorted quickly, much as I dislike Wasps I would hate to see their ownership of the Ricoh impacting on the ability of the city to attract big names.

trick2

i was at the rihanna concert last night, every thing seemed to run fine in my opinion.
there was one fine, a man and a woman were removed rather quickly.
there were a few fights at the concert in wembley too.

Captain Dart

Dear me, this isn't like the wonderful youth behaviour of old, anyone remember the Sex Pistols all that gobbing?

clint van damme

to be fair from a hugely anti wasps person ,i went to springsteen concert and it seemed well organised
Liz Kershaw had a Bruce Sprinsteen special on 6music the day after he played the Ricoh and the organisation was getting slated.
Getting away from the arena after the show was a particularly common gripe.

Captain Dart

Yeah, but they stopped doing that after a while and then left it to the fans to gob at them instead.
Saw the Stanglers at the Locarno, they didn't like it at all. :yuck: If my memory serves they actually said something like, any gobbing & we will abandon the gig.

Users who are viewing this thread