What shocking news (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Not really, it was a self imposed aim. It's like you were aiming for this to be a great thread.

It's all pretty meaningless anyway. It is very unlikely that a site will be purchased and even if one is, it's unlikelier still that a new stadium will be built on it.

DaleM

Not really, it was a self imposed aim. It's like you were aiming for this to be a great thread.

It's all pretty meaningless anyway. It is very unlikely that a site will be purchased and even if one is, it's unlikelier still that a new stadium will be built on it.

Nahhh . Just thought I would start another one so we can all cover the same old shit again :)

torchomatic

Good news, surely?

RoboCCFC90

Good news, surely?

You'd like to think so.

If (and it remains a big if) SISU do purchase land to build a Stadium on then doesn't it show there intentions to build a new ground? Then again saying that people still believe SISU want the Ricoh on the cheap even though they are employing three companies of which each carries a different aspect in the challenge in finding the right land.

Last edited:

Kingokings204

I look at this 2 ways....on one side all this messing around and missing deadlines etc is just delaying what wont happen that a new stadium will be built and its all pie in the sky but on the other hand why spend all this money on specialized companies which must cost a fair bit if its just bs?

RoboCCFC90

I look at this 2 ways....on one side all this messing around and missing deadlines etc is just delaying what wont happen that a new stadium will be built and its all pie in the sky but on the other hand why spend all this money on specialized companies which must cost a fair bit if its just bs?

It's BS because people don't believe it's possible or because people believe Otium/SISU don't have the right motive to build a stadium. However when you look at the facts in this case they would point to that they are intending to build a new stadium and that fan view of SISU trying to force out ACL is misguided.

Last edited:

mrbluesky87

I hope its not true because that would be me done with CCFC all together. I dont follow other people in protests etc but my own belief is that SISU have detstroyed this club and while they are still owners I do not intend to go to any game home or away such is my feeling towards them. I agree ACL are no angels but ultimately SISU took my club away to another town and thats unforgivable, something that could and should be avoidable. I class the Ricoh as my home, yes it took time to adjust from HR but the fact is its home. We do not need a new ground.

sky blue john

It's BS because people don't believe it's possible or because believe Otium/
SISU don't have the right motive to build a stadium. However when you look at the facts in this case they would point to that they are intending to build a new stadium and that fan view of SISU trying to force out ACL is misguided.

If we are misguided why are they continuing with the JR review ?????
What is there to gain ?????

shmmeee

It's BS because people don't believe it's possible or because believe Otium/SISU don't have the right motive to build a stadium. However when you look at the facts in this case they would point to that they are intending to build a new stadium and that fan view of SISU trying to force out ACL is misguided.

So why not stay at the Ricoh while its being built? Why stop paying rent?

And more importantly, why has every council bordering Coventry said under FOI that the club haven't been in contact?

If we build a new stadium I'm done until Sisu leave, just can't be arsed with it all. They can have the husk that's left of our club.

thaiskyblue

me too, i'm not going until sisu do one, i cannot be associated with such low life's. Might start going up the rugby, they play in cov and they are trying to build the club back up in conjunction with supporters, take note Seppala.

mrbluesky87

me too, i'm not going until sisu do one, i cannot be associated with such low life's. Might start going up the rugby, they play in cov and they are trying to build the club back up in conjunction with supporters, take note Seppala.

Might try that myself, my lad wants to do something still in regards to support and its him I fell for the most, its either the Rugby or Ice Hockey.

RoboCCFC90

If we are misguided why are they continuing with the JR review ?????
What is there to gain ?????

Maybe SISU feel that things weren't on a level playing field for negotiations with ACL at that period, which they weren't once CCC stepped in.

RoboCCFC90

So why not stay at the Ricoh while its being built? Why stop paying rent?

And more importantly, why has every council bordering Coventry said under FOI that the club haven't been in contact?

If we build a new stadium I'm done until Sisu leave, just can't be arsed with it all. They can have the husk that's left of our club.

That has nothing to do with the topic, but if your asking for my opinion the answer is I can't tell you, however there are strong rumours that in the last offer made by ACL, there was a 10 year agreement. Far to long of an agreement if you want to utilise a stadium you have built yourself.

I have said before the rent was extortionate, doesn't make it right in which SISU handled the situation however that's the way they did it, what's done is done.

Going from the CT article today it doesn't say that Coventry City FC (SISU) haven't contacted Warwick Council, just not not the Warwick Uni or Rugby Council.

I know things with SISU haven't been great and there business idiology is not our cups of tea, however that isn't the attitude, if SISU bring the club back to within 6 miles of Coventry that is good enough, not brilliant but good enough and this could be seen as the first step to redemption.

Will it happen however? Your guess is as good as mine, but SISU are employing people to find a suitable site location which meets all the criteria in their heads. For this you have to say something is going on..

sky blue john

Maybe SISU feel that things weren't on a level playing field for negotiations with ACL at that period, which they weren't once CCC stepped in.

And ??????
So what will be achieved or what do Sisu hope to achieve other than Ccfc footing the massive legal fees from both sides ????

shmmeee

That has nothing to do with the topic, but if your asking for my opinion the answer is I can't tell you, however there are strong rumours that in the last offer made by ACL, there was a 10 year agreement. Far to long of an agreement if you want to utilise a stadium you have built yourself.

I have said before the rent was extortionate, doesn't make it right in which SISU handled the situation however that's the way they did it, what's done is done.

Going from the CT article today it doesn't say that Coventry City FC (SISU) haven't contacted Warwick Council, just not not the Warwick Uni or Rugby Council.

I know things with SISU haven't been great and there business idiology is not our cups of tea, however that isn't the attitude, if SISU bring the club back to within 6 miles of Coventry that is good enough, not brilliant but good enough and this could be seen as the first step to redemption.

Will it happen however? Your guess is as good as mine, but SISU are employing people to find a suitable site location which meets all the criteria in their heads. For this you have to say something is going on..

It's entirely on topic. If we planned to build a new ground why burn bridges with ACL before we'd done it?

Now Plan B might be build a stadium, but that would mean, contrary to your post, that fans were entirely accurate in their assessment at the time.

Also: the 10 year thing has been done over and over: it's the minimum term required by the FL and even if they took it and played only 3 seasons they'd still be up by several million.

Edit: maybe moving to a tinpot ground miles from anywhere is OK for you and I hope you enjoy watching them scrat around the lower leagues. But for me the day the owners of the club showed their hand with regard to their opinion of fans, a massive blow was dealt.

Now it's still salvageable if they do a U turn and come back to Cov. If that happens Ill resume my ST of 20 years. However if they carry on with this charade I'm out.

That's just my feeling. Ill probably learn to like Ice Hockey and indoctrinate my daughter in that instead. (And I'm well aware they're a franchise team but the legacy is a bit different)

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

It's entirely on topic. If we planned to build a new ground why burn bridges with ACL before we'd done it?

Now Plan B might be build a stadium, but that would mean, contrary to your post, that fans were entirely accurate in their assessment at the time.

Also: the 10 year thing has been done over and over: it's the minimum term required by the FL and even if they took it and played only 3 seasons they'd still be up by several million.

Edit: maybe moving to a tinpot ground miles from anywhere is OK for you and I hope you enjoy watching them scrat around the lower leagues. But for me the day the owners of the club showed their hand with regard to their opinion of fans, a massive blow was dealt.

Now it's still salvageable if they do a U turn and come back to Cov. If that happens Ill resume my ST of 20 years. However if they carry on with this charade I'm out.

That's just my feeling. Ill probably learn to like Ice Hockey and indoctrinate my daughter in that instead. (And I'm well aware they're a franchise team but the legacy is a bit different)

You have answered this first question yourself without even seeing it, as you said the minimum term required by the FL is ten years, why would SISU build a stadium within a 5 year period and then either have to pay off ACL for the remainding five years of the agreement or allow their newly built stadium to remain unattended while seeing out the rest of the agreemen with ACL? Moving to Northampton made a little bit more sense in that sense of it. Does it make sense financially? No not now, but taken into account what I jus said it could cost them a lot more within regards to the examples I have provided.

Faire enough and everyone is right to have there opinion however, I don't see a great amount of locations suitable for a 18,000 Football Stadium. (Based if they cannot negotiate on the RA)

RoboCCFC90

And ??????
So what will be achieved or what do Sisu hope to achieve other than Ccfc footing the massive legal fees from both sides ????

That is something only SISU could answer.

skybluetony176

It's BS because people don't believe it's possible or because believe Otium/SISU don't have the right motive to build a stadium. However when you look at the facts in this case they would point to that they are pretending to build a new stadium and that fan view of SISU trying to force out ACL is misguided.

I've corrected your typo for you

skybluetony176

That has nothing to do with the topic, but if your asking for my opinion the answer is I can't tell you, however there are strong rumours that in the last offer made by ACL, there was a 10 year agreement. Far to long of an agreement if you want to utilise a stadium you have built yourself. robo, its been stated on here many times that it took 8 years to build the ricoh with full council backing, 10years is a hell of a lot more likely than 3-5. so if you stop and think about it just a little bit, it makes perfect sense.
I have said before the rent was extortionate, doesn't make it right in which SISU handled the situation however that's the way they did it, what's done is done. i think you are one of the few who still believe that. like i said to you on a different thread look at shitsu's history on other business dealings. their business model is distressing and litigation.they haven't suddenly turned over a new leaf

Going from the CT article today it doesn't say that Coventry City FC (SISU) haven't contacted Warwick Council, just not not the Warwick Uni or Rugby Council. Brandon comes under rbc jurisdiction, they may as well contact Northamptonshire council as Warwickshire council, the only reason they would ever have to contact Warwickshire council would be an appeal if rbc denied planning at Brandon, but before that they would have to buy it.
I know things with SISU haven't been great and there business idiology is not our cups of tea, however that isn't the attitude, if SISU bring the club back to within 6 miles of Coventry that is good enough, not brilliant but good enough and this could be seen as the first step to redemption. should they build the imaginary stadium the gate numbers can only say its good enough and if timmy is predicting it he doesn't exactly have a good track record, look at the Northampton sky blues gatesWill it happen however? Your guess is as good as mine, but SISU are employing people to find a suitable site location which meets all the criteria in their heads. For this you have to say something is going on.. i keep buying a lottery ticket but it doesn't mean i'm going to be a millionaire

see above

RoboCCFC90

see above

Okay fair point about the Ricoh, however we are talking about complex far more than a Football Stadium, the best example would be St Mary's Stadium in Southampton which took 2 years to construct.

No admittedly your correct about your second point, however why would they spend all the money they are on companies to assist them finding suitable land for a stadium.

Tim Fisher misjudged people's emotions but people are starting to go back with every game, yes it's not within 3 games however there is a rise and I am sure that number will continue to pick up.

No it doesn't however you have to say they are at least exploring that avenue if nothing else, if you don't believe they will build a new stadium, then fine, but there are things happening that would suggest otherwise.

You'd like to think so.

If (and it remains a big if) SISU do purchase land to build a Stadium on then doesn't it show there intentions to build a new ground? Then again saying that people still believe SISU want the Ricoh on the cheap even though they are employing three companies of which each carries a different aspect in the challenge in finding the right land.

You can ask a Estate agent to find you a house or land, he will anly be paid if you buy it.

RoboCCFC90

You can ask a Estate agent to find you a house or land, he will anly be paid if you buy it.

This quite from the spokesman at CBRE could counteract that argument.

"Otium has invested significant financial resources in the project to date and continue to do so to ensure expedient completion of the stadium within the Coventry area."

Okay fair point about the Ricoh, however we are talking about complex far more than a Football Stadium, the best example would be St Mary's Stadium in Southampton which took 2 years to construct.

No admittedly your correct about your second point, however why would they spend all the money they are on companies to assist them finding suitable land for a stadium.

Tim Fisher misjudged people's emotions but people are starting to go back with every game, yes it's not within 3 games however there is a rise and I am sure that number will continue to pick up.

No it doesn't however you have to say they are at least exploring that avenue if nothing else, if you don't believe they will build a new stadium, then fine, but there are things happening that would suggest otherwise.

2 years to construct St Marys stadium, how long to clean up the land and get planning permission. A item of interest to the fans sucked in by fisher talk of a new stadium, St Marys cost £32m in 2001 and the DEBT sent Southampton BUST in 2009.

RoboCCFC90

2 years to construct St Marys stadium, how long to clean up the land and get planning permission. A item of interest to the fans sucked in by fisher talk of a new stadium, St Marys cost £32m in 2001 and the DEBT sent Southampton BUST in 2009.

True. However you'd think with Otium employing the companies that they are they will try and find the most suitable land which will get the quickest and easiest planning permission.

You have to ask yourself how that happened though with Southampton after looking at the players they sold.

This quite from the spokesman at CBRE could counteract that argument.

"Otium has invested significant financial resources in the project to date and continue to do so to ensure expedient completion of the stadium within the Coventry area."

CDRE are a real estate business from america. In the uk we call them estate agents, do you ever trust estate agents.

True. However you'd think with Otium employing the companies that they are they will try and find the most suitable land which will get the quickest and easiest planning permission.

You have to ask yourself how that happened though with Southampton after looking at the players they sold.

Gareth Bale and The Wallcott wer sold to try and pay the debt on the stadium

Their is no cheap land around coventry and getting planning permission wil take years. A lot of the land is green belt so no planning permission will be granted on that land

Users who are viewing this thread