WHAT IF !! cov was sold in 3 years to another team ! (lets say CELTIC) (1 Viewer)

Ccfckona

Hi, Just a "what if", but wondered if it was a possible for the shell of a club as it stands to be sold to Celtic for example ? They can then take what ever coventrys position is in the league ? and call them CFC !

Sisu will have alienated most fans by then and they can make a decent profit ? paying off the football league on the way their magical £1mill bond ! all because the poor poor hedge fund cant find a stadium to play in didums !

This thought came from an interview i caught with Rod Stuart when he said it would be amazing for Celtic to play in the english prem and prepared to see them climb the ladder if needs must ?????

RoboCCFC90

If it did it would give me an even bigger reason to hate Celtic for example..

But as others have said it's impossible.

SonOfSnoz

Celtic's my 2nd club, so bring it on!
We have many connections....not least Wee Strachan!
His mate is Rod Stewart, who has already played at the Ricoh!
Celtic are a joke in their league, now Rangers have gone!
Stick them in league 1 here & we can see how good they really are!
Would be great to see Coventry Celtic at the Ricoh, rather than Northampton City at Sixfields!
Do they really have 6 fields?

Nonleagueherewecome

didn't Rangers look into taking over another team when they were kicked out of the SPL?

They looked into it with us about 20-25 years ago!

SkyBlueMania

Ignoring who the team taking over would be, I am actually quite interested in the feasibility of this. Could it happen if we were just to fold? Or would they just promote more teams from the lower leagues to fill the hole?

saltaire bantam

Celtic's my 2nd club, so bring it on!
Celtic are a joke in their league, now Rangers have gone!

My 2nd team too, but it IS impossible, FL rules changed post MK Dons to stop any more "Trojan horse" takeovers.

Celtic are on a winner, even more so with the Huns gone, they'd no more want to even join the PL than Benfica would want to join La Liga. They can offer Champions League footie and use it to buy AND sell players, Wanyama, bought £900k, sold for £12.5 million 2 years later.

Personally, I think it would be horrible if Rangers OR Celtic played in England, the very first thing that would happen is that it would turn fan against fan, at every club, as sides were chosen. Feck 'em, long may they stay in their own bubble.

Not a chance. And Celtic!!!! Remember some people that support the mighty Sky Blues have served in the military (me for one) and I don’t think they would put up for anti-British songs and IRA chants from our stands….. :slap:

TrakiaPlovdiv

I think you are all missing the point.

If Celtic were allowed to buy the Club and gain the right to play in the English Football League, what makes you think the club
would be based in Coventry.

Celtic would not look to move their Club with their fan base and history from Celtic Park.

They would just want the access route to the Premier League and Coventry City would definitely be gone forever.

ccfctommy

Another daft thread on here, this will never happen. UEFA wont let them play in England.

Can you imagine Coventry Septic? Uhhhhhhh.

Ccfckona

I think you are all missing the point.

If Celtic were allowed to buy the Club and gain the right to play in the English Football League, what makes you think the club
would be based in Coventry.

Celtic would not look to move their Club with their fan base and history from Celtic Park.

They would just want the access route to the Premier League and Coventry City would definitely be gone forever.

Exactly how I saw it, lots of dumbos on here saying impossible and I wouldn't cheer on say Celtic from our Coventry stand..... Errrr why would they move to Cov, fickle fans and years of disinterest. Move the franchise north of the boarder and hand over the golden ticket to the Choco factory to a team with a huge fan base...... All because timmy, dermot and joybo can't build a stadium and only know of Coventry as the place you get stuck next to in your Bentley/range rover when someone closes a lane on the m6 on the way to a business meeting in Manchester.

It's all possible, the fa/fl is a business and re write the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread