What are we doing? (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Can understand if Gyokeres went to a premier league club, but If the reports are correct and Gyokeres maybe on his way to Middleborough what is our club doing ? if he goes what will this show the fans? why cannot we match Middleborough wages to keep him? particularly as both clubs are a similar size but our owner is reportedly worth 10 times more than the Middleborough owner if you believe the figures

Joy Seppala net worth 2.5 billion v Steve Gibson net worth 270 million
CBS Ground capacity 32,609 v Middleborough fc 34,742
CCFC average attendance 19,541 Middleborough 21,825

Ashdown

Middlesbrough owners are supporters, dreaming the dream.
Our Owners are purely investors who actually gave up investing many years ago.
Middlesbrough lost £65 million over the last two years, they can’t keep doing that can they ?
Sideways move for Vik, so I doubt he will want to go there in reality.

Grendel

Middlesbrough lost £65 million over the last two years, they can’t keep doing that can they ?

Gibson has ploughed about £250 million in over the years and has pledged more

SlowerThanPlatt

I’m not sure it would be, Middlesbrough have ambition and intention to be a Premier League club again (hence this link). You can’t really say the same for us

steve cooper

Can understand if Gyokeres went to a premier league club, but If the reports are correct and Gyokeres maybe on his way to Middleborough what is our club doing ? if he goes what will this show the fans? why cannot we match Middleborough wages to keep him? particularly as both clubs are a similar size but our owner is reportedly worth 10 times more than the Middleborough owner if you believe the figures

Are we really getting upset about totally unsubstantiated rumours which in all likelyhood are invented by attention seekers?

Ashdown

I’m not sure it would be, Middlesbrough have ambition and intention to be a Premier League club again (hence this link). You can’t really say the same for us
The management , the players and the fans all want to be Premier league. The owners only want to balance the books. If all clubs played by those rules it would be great……but sadly they don’t .

SlowerThanPlatt

The suggestion is Gibson will provide a substantial budget this season to get promoted
That’s why I don’t understand “sideways move” - compare that to us apparently bringing in a player who didn’t play at all last season and attitude publicly criticised by his manager

slowpoke

The suggestion is Gibson will provide a substantial budget this season to get promoted
Can he do that what’s the rules now on ffp in the EFL, like what’s been pointed out above Middlesbrough financial income must be similar to ours or can owners with deep pockets still shovel money in regardless of income.

clint van damme

You're getting worked up by a rumour, chill out!

fatso

I'd be amazed if he went to Middlesbrough.
If he ends up there, then you'd have serious questions to ask about CCFC not to mention his own ambition.

ceetee

Don't believe it, but if he seriously is considering an offer from Middlesbrough then the football world's opinion of him is a lot lower than ours, if that's his only option

Evo1883

If they are willing to give us what we want for the player , then off he goes as far as I'm concerned, thats solid business .. the real issue is if the money goes back into the playing side .

SlowerThanPlatt

I'd be amazed if he went to Middlesbrough.
If he ends up there, then you'd have serious questions to ask about CCFC not to mention his own ambition.

They have signed Rhodes (from Blackburn) and Assombalonga (from Forest) as a Championship club. It wouldn’t be that surprising, a reality check is needed

Last edited:

SAJ

Appears you’re accepting rumours to be facts.

SlowerThanPlatt

Haha. What nonsense

Right, one club is being linked for a multi million pound offer for a 17 goal striker in the Championship. The other trying to get a player who a club who finished below them don’t want. I’ll leave it up to you to decide who’s showing more ambition

Users who are viewing this thread