What about local schools and junior teams? (1 Viewer)

Over the last several years The Sky Blues in the Community under the leadership of Dave Busst have worked incredibly hard to bring football into our schools with on site coaching reduced ticket prices even freebies to many of our schools. So children who would either never attend matches for many reasons have a reason to come and watch Cov and hopefully get the buzz from going so whenever the opportunity rises again to go they want to. The reason this is so popular is because these people don't have to make to much of an effort to attend as it's close ish to most involved in these schemes. Many of our Sunday Junior teams enjoy similar deals as well as having the opportunity to do things such as holding the giant shirt in the centre circle before the game and a stadium tour. No big deal to some but if you're 11 years old say that's a big deal, I know it was for the players from Alvis Juniors who were able to do this last season I believe. These junior teams play on Sunday at various start times how are they meant to get to our home games? These boys and girls who the FA want to be playing and watching football are denying them the chance to watch league football on a Saturday in their home city and emulate their new found hero's on a Sunday. I'm guessing not too many may have thought about stuff like this but this all about community our club needs these kids to want to eat sleep and breath Coventry City like many of us on here do, "children are the future" not garlic bread!

The Penguin

Oh please, SISU don't have time for such melodrama.

The kiddies will understand that this is being done for pie money.

PIE MONEY.

That's far more important than building and strengthening links to your local community!

:jerkit:

Seriously though, it is a disgrace that we are alienating any future fan base we might have.

wes_cov

This is just one of the many points where SISU have proven they know nothing about football or in any way care about the community

On one hand you have Tim nice but.... stating "SISU are in this for the long haul..."
then on the other hand they get turfed out of the Higgs and alienate the fans particularly the youth, school kids you only have to look at the naughty boy corner, they make alot of noise have some good banter (and occasionally some not so good) with the away supports. How many of these lads can afford or even have the facilities to go to northampton. like it or lump it these are the season ticket holders of the future! Or not as the current situation goes

mrbluesky87

For all the bitching on this site, this is one of the most important factors. It was my 7 year olds first season last year and he really enjoyed it and looked forward to having a season ticket this year. Its this generation that is now lost. He knows we are not going to Northampton and neither does he want to and we have stated our intention to now watch the ice hockey and/or a new team if created (Coventry United) not because we will be fans etc but just so we can support our LOCAL teams. It can be dressed how you want it to be, Coventry is not Coventry when playing in Northampton, it even sounds pathetic. I hope those that do go to Northampton enjoy it but do not state you go to watch Coventry City because you dont.

Users who are viewing this thread