Match Thread West Bromwich Albion - Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 1st Mar (3 Viewers)

Hobo

Kelly would have done a job today.

He might have done, it might have been the same?

People thinking other players would have done better is pure speculation?

shmmeee

He should never have been sent off for the first.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Well a panel of referees disagreed. It was stupid whether you think it was over the line or not. To then get sent off again when he came back I’m not surprised he got dropped for a couple of games. He’s also nowhere near as good as people make out.

Lies, damn lies and statistics

Facts don’t care about your opinions

shmmeee

He might have done, it might have been the same?

People thinking other players would have done better is pure speculation?

Anyone who isn’t in the team becomes prime Messi after a month. Then either they get a chance and are absolute garbage (Tavares) or they don’t and end up playing L2 football the season after. Almost like the manager and coaching staff know something we don’t.

Hobo

and / or the players we AREN’T signing?

players get tired, it’s not a new thing, and yet we buy one player who’s in the middle of a post season break, and one who can’t play for us this season….

can’t then call fatigue as an excuse in my eyes, you’ve made it a problem by failing to add to the squad, and to be honest if we’re playing players through periods they aren’t fully fit and they are picking up injuries as a result it’s borderline negligent on the club’s part for pushing them too hard

and yes, the flip side is they are professional athletes and should be able to play twice a week blah blah blah, but it doesn’t appear that way does it!

I think you have to get the players you think are the best. I don't think Robins was expecting the loan back and didn't seem too happy about it. It was a late development in negotiations. If we had refused we wouldn't have got the player and it was probably too late to get in an alternative. If we waited until the summer we could easily have been competing g with 3 or 4 other clubs.

When Torp signed wasn't Sheaf and Allen fit?

shmmeee

If we had Sheaf and Saka fit the last month and O’Hare playing like he was when he was trying to prove himself, we’d be several points clear in fifth, I’d put money on it.

Boicey

One of our ongoing issues this season has been our propensity for conceding the first goal. If I remember right, Sky said last night we had done so in something like 23 or 24 league games, which is a crazy stat for a top half team. Our 2nd half goals scored have only been behind Leicester, so addressing that issue could make a huge difference to our fortunes.
It’s also why our stats are skewed in that we are attacking games for prolonged periods to try and equalise.

AiS86

The two most pressing points from the mass overreaction to last night seem to be the keeper and O'Hare.

Collins is clearly our number one now, Robins isn't going to just come out and say that and demoralise Wilson. He still likes Wilson, and doesn't blame him for every goal he concedes like others do. He wants to give him some game time which is fair enough having earned the golden glove. But Collins will be number one next season and we won't be looking to replace that.

The idea O'Hare has given up is ridiculous. He's very clearly not that sort of person, and it would be counterproductive considering he's basically in the shop window now. Robins said he had fatigue after he played a number of games after a long term injury. His form has dipped a bit since then, it's almost like fatigue does in fact affect a players form, and they do need rests, and Robins isn't just making up excuses.

Brighton Sky Blue

The two most pressing points from the mass overreaction to last night seem to be the keeper and O'Hare.

Collins is clearly our number one now, Robins isn't going to just come out and say that and demoralise Wilson. He still likes Wilson, and doesn't blame him for every goal he concedes like others do. He wants to give him some game time which is fair enough having earned the golden glove. But Collins will be number one next season and we won't be looking to replace that.

The idea O'Hare has given up is ridiculous. He's very clearly not that sort of person, and it would be counterproductive considering he's basically in the shop window now. Robins said he had fatigue after he played a number of games after a long term injury. His form has dipped a bit since then, it's almost like fatigue does in fact affect a players form, and they do need rests, and Robins isn't just making up excuses.
He isn’t in the shop window if he already knows his destination.

AiS86

He isn’t in the shop window if he already knows his destination.
How would he know? He's keeping his options open. And even if he did have something lined up somehow, it's in his best interests to play as well as he can if he wants a step up and wants to be a starter. How is it any different to when he on his little streak? He was still keeping his options open then

Brighton Sky Blue

How would he know? He's keeping his options open. And even if he did have something lined up somehow, it's in his best interests to play as well as he can if he wants a step up and wants to be a starter. How is it any different to when he on his little streak? He was still keeping his options open then
Having no deal agreed before to having one in place now.

AiS86

Having no deal agreed before to having one in place now.
Again...even if he did have something lined up somehow, it's in his best interests to play as well as he can if he wants a step up and wants to be a starter. Unless all of a sudden he's now just in it for a pay rise and doesn't care what his new club sees. It'd have to be a foreign club for him to have something arranged anyway which seems fairly unlikely

Brighton Sky Blue

Again...even if he did have something lined up somehow, it's in his best interests to play as well as he can if he wants a step up and wants to be a starter. Unless all of a sudden he's now just in it for a pay rise and doesn't care what his new club sees. It'd have to be a foreign club for him to have something arranged anyway which seems fairly unlikely
It isn’t, because if he overdoes it and gets injured he loses the move. He checked out a while ago.

AiS86

It isn’t, because if he overdoes it and gets injured he loses the move. He checked out a while ago.
Nonsense. He checked out just as his form dipped a bit, coincidentally at the same time Robins said he was fatigued and needed a rest? He's clearly not that sort of person and is commited to the club while he's here

Deity

COH has completed only 2 90 mins in the last 5 matches. His poor form isn’t because he’s being over played.

AiS86

COH has completed only 2 90 mins in the last 5 matches. His poor form isn’t because he’s being over played.
Before he was rested he played 6 full games in a row and then the full 90 at Stoke. He clearly needed a rest and he may have lost some sharpness because of it. Even still, it could just be a little dip in form and nothing to do with the fatigue, which also coincides with the teams form taking a dip. To suggest he's signed out is just ridiculous and unwarranted speculation

wingy

His mojo's out, not taking the penalty, dropped for Plymouth, not even travelling,no signing on fee no matching salary of deemed senior player's, don't blame him a bit!

AiS86

No it is actual fact. if you disagree explain why
No, it's definitely not a fact. It's just your opinion. My opinion, is that he still wouldn't be getting game time as he slipped down the pecking order and Robins wanted to persist with the defenders we'll be using in the future. Everyone's time comes to an end, and unfortunately with Fadz that time came. He's now getting time elsewhere and I'm happy for him, but we're not remotely in any sort of panic stations at the back

messiahrobins

No, it's definitely not a fact. It's just your opinion. My opinion, is that he still wouldn't be getting game time as he slipped down the pecking order and Robins wanted to persist with the defenders we'll be using in the future. Everyone's time comes to an end, and unfortunately with Fadz that time came. He's now getting time elsewhere and I'm happy for him, but we're not remotely in any sort of panic stations at the back
Are you serious? The defence is absolutely shocking. we concede too often and also give up far too many chances. We were definitely more solid with Mcfadzean generally. Yes, for a while we looked better with Kitching and Thomas, but Thomas is young and was always likely to have a dip. Thats my point. Right now we need Mcfadzean's experience and it was obvious at some point in the run in that would happen. Thomas i think will be a very good player, but expecting him to play as often as he has this season without dips in form was unrealistic and i feel Mcfadzean would have helped in that regard to take pressure off him. Latabadieure is not the answer as he is too small in a back 4 at CB and is a right sided CB in a back 3.

AiS86

Are you serious? The defence is absolutely shocking. we concede too often and also give up far too many chances. We were definitely more solid with Mcfadzean generally. Yes, for a while we looked better with Kitching and Thomas, but Thomas is young and was always likely to have a dip. Thats my point. Right now we need Mcfadzean's experience and it was obvious at some point in the run in that would happen. Thomas i think will be a very good player, but expecting him to play as often as he has this season without dips in form was unrealistic and i feel Mcfadzean would have helped in that regard to take pressure off him. Latabadieure is not the answer as he is too small in a back 4 at CB and is a right sided CB in a back 3.
Yes. The defence isn't shocking at all. We've had to make changes recently which has affected the whole teams form, once everyone is rested and back to full fitness, we'll be fine. We've played one game with 3 at the back away against a good team chasing play offs, other than the goals, they weren't particularly a huge threat. We just need to do better in individual moments. To not expect dips in any player's form is unrealistic, regardless of the amounts of games they play. I was surprised Lati was in the middle yesterday, but then his height made no difference in the end. We'll be fine, its all just the generic overreaction to a loss

Hertsccfc

Before he was rested he played 6 full games in a row and then the full 90 at Stoke. He clearly needed a rest and he may have lost some sharpness because of it. Even still, it could just be a little dip in form and nothing to do with the fatigue, which also coincides with the teams form taking a dip. To suggest he's signed out is just ridiculous and unwarranted speculation
Yes these comments about O'Hare are unacceptable. People say this stuff and yet we expect players to be totally loyal to the club to the detriment of their career. Really they can't win in some peoples' eyes. Last year Hamer was trying too hard as he was looking for a move.

AiS86

Yes these comments about O'Hare are unacceptable. People say this stuff and yet we expect players to be totally loyal to the club to the detriment of their career. Really they can't win in some peoples' eyes. Last year Hamer was trying too hard as he was looking for a move.
Fickleness and football seem to go hand in hand. Demand O'Hare's loyalty to the club, but once they've fabricated the reason for his slight dip, then he's clearly already left and he's a snake. Good old loyalty right there

JohnWH

And for those following along,
Picture of the birthday pork pie made for me yesterday. She claims she's disappointed how it turns out, and I haven't yet had a bite.
Not sure how to size it smaller sorry

1000001264.jpg

messiahrobins

Yes. The defence isn't shocking at all. We've had to make changes recently which has affected the whole teams form, once everyone is rested and back to full fitness, we'll be fine. We've played one game with 3 at the back away against a good team chasing play offs, other than the goals, they weren't particularly a huge threat. We just need to do better in individual moments. To not expect dips in any player's form is unrealistic, regardless of the amounts of games they play. I was surprised Lati was in the middle yesterday, but then his height made no difference in the end. We'll be fine, its all just the generic overreaction to a loss
Not being funny but there is no point being great for 85 minutes lets say but having 2 bad moments that cost goals.. and i agree about your rest point for players hence why Mcfadzean was needed. Thats my actual point i am trying to make. Thomas needs a breather.

matesx

We were shite v Preston too and yes we will be just fine making up the mid table numbers.

Mucca Mad Boys

Fickleness and football seem to go hand in hand. Demand O'Hare's loyalty to the club, but once they've fabricated the reason for his slight dip, then he's clearly already left and he's a snake. Good old loyalty right there
Unpopular opinion, but I don’t COH’s performances have been that stand out. He’s had some wonderful goals but his overall play needs improvement if he’s to be a Premiership player.

Hamer was the best midfielder in the league and is playing for one of the worst Prem teams in years. Would COH start at Burnley, Sheff U, Forest or Luton?

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I think you have to get the players you think are the best. I don't think Robins was expecting the loan back and didn't seem too happy about it. It was a late development in negotiations. If we had refused we wouldn't have got the player and it was probably too late to get in an alternative. If we waited until the summer we could easily have been competing g with 3 or 4 other clubs.

When Torp signed wasn't Sheaf and Allen fit?

yeah I agree with what you say, and I’m not sure about Sheaf and Allen, I think so…

my point is that even with those two we were still three or four short, including arguably a right sided attacker / winger, a central midfielder, RB, and a centre forward

whoever makes the decisions on transfers has shown little ambition to progress this season from the January window, which is a shame when we were in a strong position. if we were mid table with no chance and nothing to play for I would’ve understood, consolidate and look to build in the close season, but the chance was there, and we seemingly decided not to try and take it

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And for those following along,
Picture of the birthday pork pie made for me yesterday. She claims she's disappointed how it turns out, and I haven't yet had a bite.
Not sure how to size it smaller sorry

View attachment 34366
pie GIF

JohnWH

And I was allowed to enjoy the pork pie for tonight's supper. I thought the taste was great. She expressed that she was dissatisfied on the whole how it turned out, and is planning a re-do. I'm not turning down any pie so the bonus pie is great. Operation Premier Pie is on.

Users who are viewing this thread