West brom ratings (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Hamer will give the ball away, as will Sheaf. It's the bravery that Robins wants and we need to beat teams like this. Going from side to side in front of them will never hurt. I'd focus more on some of the excellent successful passes made.
100%.

Hamer on another day could have had a couple of goals and 2 assists..hit the post, directly and Panzo should have scored that header.

His through ball and weight of pass with his left foot between 4 players was sublime to put Vik clean through was sublime.

NorthernWisdom

Wilson 5 - Kept a clean sheet, but my word he was jittery. Couldn't kick straight either.

Burroughs 6 Got visibly slower as the game went on - if he gets a bit more stamina and experience he can make either RWB or LWB his own.
Rose 8 Solid, couple of excellent last ditch saves too.
Doyle 7 Worth it for the clearance off the line (was it him?!?). Occasionally switches off.
Panzo 7 Confidence to come forward, and sometimes pops up at LWB too, so he and Bidwell end up changing about a little which is interesting tactically. If either of them could run with the ball better that could cause real issues. Should have scored.
Bidwell 7 Solid, but no great impact

Sheaf 7 The defensive part of the midfielding was good, distribution sometimes awry.
Hamer 7 Kept trying to make things happen.
Allen 6 Quiet compared to recently.
O’Hare 7 If only he could shoot straight! I always find O'Hare difficult to score, as there are so many times when he either picks the wrong pass, controls the ball poorly, or shoots randomly elsewhere other than the goal. But that's partly because he shows for so much.

Gyokeres 7 Another hard to mark, as he was pretty anonymous I thought, but did win the penalty, and did also take it confidently, which is his job after all!

Palmer 5 ran around a bit.
Kelly 4 pointless
Tavares Can't really mark as not really there for long, didn't impress me for those couple of minutes, but not fair to judge on that!

ccfcricoh

Wilson 6
Burroughs 7
Rose 7
Doyle 8
Panzo 7
Bidwell 7
Sheaf 8
Hamer 8 MOTM
Allen 6
O’Hare 6
Gyokeres 7

Palmer 6
Kelly 6
Tavares 6

Grendel

Wilson 6 Kicking dreadful again, but that time wasting at the end….I was in awe

Burroughs 6 Doesn’t look out of place
Rose 7 Best game of the season
Doyle 7 Along with Rose, wonderful distribution
Panzo 6 A few wobbles but finished strong
Bidwell 7 Just another consistent, dependable game

Sheaf 7 MOTM Made WBA’s lives miserable, recovers the ball as well as any midfielder in this league
Hamer 7 Irresistible in the first half carrying the ball forward, faded before he came off
Allen 6 Pretty poor by his recent standards
O’Hare 7 His dynamism on the ball gave WBA big problems, should have scored

Gyokeres 7 That’s what he does….capable of match-winning moments, he continues to surprise me

Palmer 6 Disappointing if I’m honest, throws himself about but missed some through ball opportunities
Kelly 6 Honestly don’t remember him doing anything
Tavares NA

First half was very good, second half I thought they were the better side - draw would have been a fair result, but we managed the game very well. Was nice to see two sides who wanted to play football on the deck, and that suited us - Rose and Doyle played some beautiful passes from the back, and the link-up play between Gus and O’Hare was battering them in the first half. Atmosphere wasn’t bad either - a goal earlier on in the game would have kicked it up a notch.

Strangely palmers biggest contribution was his tackling and physical presence when they started to move players forward in the last half hour

Legia Sky Blue

Sheaf motm for me, thought it his best performance of the season. Gyokeres excellent again. Hamer did make some misplaced passes but also a sublime one setting up Gyokeres putting him clean through in the 1st half and also made some dynamic runs at their defence that kept them on the back foot. Like the look of Burroughs - being 2 footed is a real bonus and as he gets his confidence up he will hopefully get better and better. Didn't really work out for O'Hare on the ball, but there's no doubt his presence improves our team substantially & improves the tempo of our attacking threat.

SBT

Strangely palmers biggest contribution was his tackling and physical presence when they started to move players forward in the last half hour
Yeah I just don’t get it - obviously the crowd loves it when he’s throwing himself into tackles (because who doesn’t love that) but it’s not as if that’s what we’re paying him to do. He had a chance to play Gyokeres in clean through but completely botched it, for example. He looked good playing even further forward against Blackpool where the onus was more on him to make things happen, but right now he’s playing an odd role.

Hobo

Wilson 7
Burroughs 6
Rose 6.5
Doyle 7
Panzo 7
Bidwell 6.5
Sheaf 7
Hamer 8
Allen 6
OHare 6
Gykores 7

Palmer 6.5
Kelly 5 and Tavares 5 due to lack of minutes as much as anything.

olderskyblue

In the 1st half, I dont think they got into our final 3rd more then 4 or 5 times. That’s down the harrying and chasing our midfield, including Allen, did. The press in that half was tremendous, and caused them to give the ball away a lot, leading to attacks from us.

no surprise the 2nd half didn’t have the same intensity, but still impressive. They had more of the ball, but so many times they had to pass the ball back to their defence and keeper due to our chasing and harrying.

Frostie

Yeah, that is interesting and does appear to fly in the face of fans convention. I wonder if that includes things like throw-ins though as Bidwell takes them all that side?

No it doesn't and Bidwell being so advanced isn't unusual either.
There are times when tactically Robins asks the WBs to stay deeper but, generally speaking when we're in the ascendancy & especially at home, Bidwell particularly is usually one of the furthest forward players. Fans just have weird preconceptions about certain players.

Hertsccfc

No it doesn't and Bidwell being so advanced isn't unusual either.
There are times when tactically Robins asks the WBs to stay deeper but, generally speaking when we're in the ascendancy & especially at home, Bidwell particularly is usually one of the furthest forward players. Fans just have weird preconceptions about certain players.
Other ones:

Sheaf gives the ball away a lot
Palmer doesn't work hard

Users who are viewing this thread