SonofErnie

Sep 15, 2011
In 1987 John Sillett said that our name was on the cup and famously made the coach driver go on a detour to find a second Magpie. Brian Kilcline then took a Sky Blue garter from the leg of a newly married Bride at the team's hotel in Marlowe.

Has anyone got any omens of their own for this weekend? I'll kick off with a couple. This morning a van with CheckaTrade.com on the side was parked outside my house and my son has been to every round as I did in 1987. A bit tenuous but I'll take anything at the moment!

malkitccfc

Aug 17, 2008
Leamington Spa
my 5th time of going to Wembley and on the four previous occasions my team has lost (not that I consider Shrewsbury, Barcelona and Brazil my teams) My luck has to change sometime. I'm confident of victory and i'm the glass half empty sort of person

skybluesam66

Mar 29, 2011
a lad at work who is generally quite a shrewd tipster put £10 on us at 33/1 at the beginning
he has been telling me from the start its our year - he is a man u fan so apart from me has no connection with city

and the biggest one of all - The year ends in 7

67 Div 2 champions
77 Last day survival v B city
87 FA cup
97 Last day survival v spurs
07 Saved (so we thought at the time ) by SISU
17 Checkatrade trophy winners

malkitccfc

Aug 17, 2008
Leamington Spa
a lad at work who is generally quite a shrewd tipster put £10 on us at 33/1 at the beginning
he has been telling me from the start its our year - he is a man u fan so apart from me has no connection with city

67 Div 2 champions
87 FA cup
97 Last day survical v spurs

can't wait for 2027

Alkhen

Jul 23, 2012
Gloucestershire
grasping as straws...I shaved my beard off, we haven't been remotely successful since the late 90s, which was probably the last period I was fully clean shaven.

also yesterday i put my foot clean through a skyblue sock, ripped to shreds it was. I really hope that's not a bad omen.

I am in no way superstitious more a creature of habbit but I actually I had a pair of checker skyblue and navy socks, like the two tone pattern. I wore them to every match I went to for years but I threw them away before the semi-final as i realised as well as being older than both my kids, if they were cosmically affecting the results they were doing a horrendous job of it.

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
I'm really looking forward to the occasion and for my daughter's sake I do hope we win, but in reality I couldn't give a flying either way. I know it's a reflection of where we are right now and actually soon to slide even further, but I still feel this is Mickey Mouse and beneath us. Just happy to see a sea of Sky Blue at Wembley, which is something I thought that I would never see again.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

May 27, 2016
The Cayman Islands.

67 Div 2 champions
87 FA cup
97 Last day survival v spurs
And not forgetting in the 70s the Sky Blues played in Europe !!!

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Mar 27, 2011
Captain going off injured and hobbling up the steps to lift the trophy?...

Reactions: wingy

ccfc_ukr

Aug 24, 2010
on friday at work a tube or smarties was doing the rounds and the first two that came out were blue. On sunday morning i went to my towel draw and the towel on top was a sky blue one (the only blue one we have)... probs all a load of cod but i must admit i did have a quietly confident feeling on the drive down!

Users who are viewing this thread