• 35-40k

Votes: 52 32.3%
  • 40-45k

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • 45-50k (tickets permitting)

Votes: 11 6.8%

• Total voters

Sky Blue Harry H

Heard that half an hour ago. Now that they are on general sale it will be interesting to see what tomorrow evening's total is. Sometimes these things take on a life of their own.

Evo1883

A lot of people won’t bother looking at social media and will assume general is still tomorrow morning tbh , people get paid on Thursdays and Fridays mostly so if imagine there will still be a huge amount more sold

skybluesam66

looks like about 25k gone looking at the charts
20k in the bottom 2 tiers
and probably a quarter of the top tier
I would still say 32 - 35000 of a total attendance of 45000

Evo1883

think that’s respectable and imagine they will take around 12-15k on the day .
Which is more than good for a club of Exeter’s size

rob9872

Correct. Don't forget it will be our (Exeter City for those not paying attention) fourth Wembley game in 11 years, so the novelty has worn off for some.
To quote 4 in 11 I assume 1 of those 11 years ago so could argue been twice in last 10 years. Not exactly regular compared with some top Premises teams and nothe even other big games in between. As a L2 fan starved of success I'm not suggesting we'r bertie big time but yours Shrewsbury and Rotherham sales is pretty poor.

Tommo72

To quote 4 in 11 I assume 1 of those 11 years ago so could argue been twice in last 10 years. Not exactly regular compared with some top Premises teams and nothe even other big games in between. As a L2 fan starved of success I'm not suggesting we'r bertie big time but yours Shrewsbury and Rotherham sales is pretty poor.

Neither Shrewsbury or Rotherham are big clubs though?

rob9872

Neither Shrewsbury or Rotherham are big clubs though?
But they're one game from the Championship and also not Wembley regulars. Should be selling more than they have.

Sbarcher

Coventry population is about 3 times the size of Exeter plus many more surrounding areas to pull from. Also not a hotbed of football so well done so far.

rob9872

Half of that population new and no affinity with area plus lots more competition for other big teams in our area. Whichever way it's dressed up to be nice to Exeter fans on here it's tinpot. Doesn' mean anything on the pitch as Burton in a higher league and we lost twice this season to FGR but it is piss poor.

theferret

Half of that population new and no affinity with area plus lots more competition for other big teams in our area. Whichever way it's dressed up to be nice to Exeter fans on here it's tinpot. Doesn' mean anything on the pitch as Burton in a higher league and we lost twice this season to FGR but it is piss poor.

Half the population new. How so?

Exeter, if they take 14K which is likely, is above par for a league 2 play off. Nowt wrong with that. It's respectable.

rob9872

Half the population new. How so?

Exeter, if they take 14K which is likely, is above par for a league 2 play off. Nowt wrong with that. It's respectable.
A lot settled into the area when car building was strong. I know that' still a generation or two ago but we'v not had sustained success whereby father takes son etc and full grounds winning football breeding new followers. Many will have moved to the area for work already supporting someone else. Only winning can change that really. It's why we need to get back before this generation is totally lost.

theferret

A lot settled into the area when car building was strong. I know that' still a generation or two ago but we'v not had sustained success whereby father takes son etc and full grounds winning football breeding new followers. Many will have moved to the area for work already supporting someone else. Only winning can change that really. It's why we need to get back before this generation is totally lost.

I know the point you are trying to make, but that's long since been the case really. Population in 1971 after the boom was 336K, not much short of what it is now. That's nearly half a century ago, and was also shortly after the period when we enjoyed the biggest crowds in our history.

One of the things I've noticed this season is how many young fans we have in the 15-20 y/o bracket. It's quite reassuring actually, but yes we need to make sure we keep them.

Evo1883

Based on population you could argue 12000 Exeter fans is comparable to 36000 Coventry fans at Wembley , 15000 would be a great effort ,20000 unreal

fred binneys head

As an exeter fan I’ll be disappointed with fewer than 20,000 at Wembley and I’m bracing myself to be disappointed. Maybe there is a bit of some people being a bit over-Wembleyed, which is ridiculous, but then not everyone is as passionate about their club as I am. Sad but true, as Metallica once growled.

The following that you will take to Wembley is phenomenal and shows just what a travesty it is that you are down in league 2 with us. I genuinely hope you rise back up the leagues to where you belong. Starting next season.

Users who are viewing this thread