Wembley allocation (1 Viewer)

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

They can't do 2 per ST as that would result in some season ticket holders missing out, probably to some daytrippers, which would be outrageous.

Every ST holder should be guaranteed a ticket and the only way to do that is 1 per ST.

to be fair they could do what they want, there’s no reason why every season ticket holder should be guaranteed a ticket - particularly where you might get ST holders who don’t attend as many games as some supporters who pay per game

I take your sentiment though, and two per ST would make it even less likely those people would stand a chance

djr8369

the club have put out step by step instructions on how to add the ability to buy tickets for your mates from your own account and, assuming its one per season ticket holder, there's no reason for a mad rush as there will be plenty to go round.
The issue I had with Ticketmaster last time was that when I selected seats it didn’t seem to reserve them (even though it appeared it had as a timer started) so they kept disappearing from my basket as I was trying to pay as others had bought them. As everyone was logged on at the same time they just seemed to be going as fast as you could select them. As you say, with one per ST it shouldn’t be as bad.

Nuskyblue

People seem to have the idea that 19000 people are going to pile on at 10am on whatever day they are released. It isn't going to happen, the window will be like 2 days for STH and I bet all 19k haven't brought one by 7pm that day.
It'll be there or there abouts I reckon

Balli001

People seem to have the idea that 19000 people are going to pile on at 10am on whatever day they are released. It isn't going to happen, the window will be like 2 days for STH and I bet all 19k haven't brought one by 7pm that day.
It will be down to who sits with who, what price ticket etc

Nuskyblue

Yes but those away games you had to be quick as there were not enough tickets. There are 15k more than needed.
Fair point.

Actually the quarter was the easiest hight ticket away game I've bought so far. Logged on and got one on the halfway line.

skybluericoh

For fans wanting to get seats together….
I’m not an expert but here’s my take. Person buying seats needs your supporter number to add to their network. You then get an email asking you to log in and confirm. They then request authority to purchase, you log on again got to the icon top right and approve them to purchase on your behalf.
I’m sure some of the more tech savvy guys on here will be able to explain better then me.

SBbucks

I’m not an expert but here’s my take. Person buying seats needs your supporter number to add to their network. You then get an email asking you to log in and confirm. They then request authority to purchase, you log on again got to the icon top right and approve them to purchase on your behalf.
I’m sure some of the more tech savvy guys on here will be able to explain better then me.

You do know that people have been doing this for many years, it’s not a new thing?

skybluecam

The point is if they split by points and you have different numbers you won't be able to buy together.

chiefdave

The point is if they split by points and you have different numbers you won't be able to buy together.
Would guess it will be pretty wide ranges. Once you've done season tickets how many people will be left with, for example over 200 points. You could probably do them all rather than needing to break it down into 100 point bands

wingy

It just definitely won't be 2 per STH as it encourages re-sale and people who haven't followed the club turning up.

I'm looking at it slightly selfishly too as I don't have a ST this year as paying to get married took priority for me. I still have over 1000 points though through following home and away for years. Is it right that people like me miss out because Mr first time season ticket holder wants to take his Man U mate?
We all have lapsed years where we've been out moving,work children,this is the problem of the points system all told, been away as well but?

skybluericoh

You do know that people have been doing this for many years, it’s not a new thing?
As I said I’m no expert- for the po final I couldn’t even get into my own account had to queue at the ticket office they first said you have to go home and log on and I said it doesn’t work!!! Thankfully she looked at the account found an issue and fixed it so I could go home and purchase. I’m only just getting used to cashless! Ponds shillings and pence for me🥸

Flying Fokker

It just definitely won't be 2 per STH as it encourages re-sale and people who haven't followed the club turning up.

I'm looking at it slightly selfishly too as I don't have a ST this year as paying to get married took priority for me. I still have over 1000 points though through following home and away for years. Is it right that people like me miss out because Mr first time season ticket holder wants to take his Man U mate?
I did that in1987. Missed the final but went to semi. I had a misjudged view that there were more deserving people and refused to jump on the bandwagon. My advice. Get your ticket. 1000 points is commendable. If it’s money/ family, prioritise there’s no shame in missing the game.

SBbucks

I bet many have not

Surely a small minority though. Anyone who has bought away tickets, tickets for checkatrade, play-offs, cup games in the last 10 years will have done it (unless they literally only ever buy a single ticket and sit on their own).

oakey

I also couldn't get ticket for final in 87 despite going to every home game, 5th round, 6th round and semi. It was shambolic if you lived outside Coventry. I never leave anything to chance now. Make sure you can log in and don't bank on there being enough. In 1987 about 10 thousand tickets did not go to the core supporters. Hope the system is fairer now.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Although not from our club (barring the £30-£120 guide price which runs in line with this), I’ve just seen this on Chelsea’s site about ticket pricing for the semi’s. Presume ours will be the same, or close to it

Attachments

• IMG_2159.png
    IMG_2159.png
    1 MB · Views: 98

wingy

Although not from our club (barring the £30-£120 guide price which runs in line with this), I’ve just seen this on Chelsea’s site about ticket pricing for the semi’s. Presume ours will be the same, or close to it
Absolutely!

clint van damme

If I smell a man ure fan anywhere near me in our end I promise I will ruin their day . I have family in the forces who want a ticket and are home on leave after 5 months on tour so I won’t be happy 🤬

My mates son is in the army and he got two tickets for the play off final through them, cheap as well.
Was in the neutral bit.

ccfc1234

to be fair they could do what they want, there’s no reason why every season ticket holder should be guaranteed a ticket - particularly where you might get ST holders who don’t attend as many games as some supporters who pay per game

I take your sentiment though, and two per ST would make it even less likely those people would stand a chance
Are you seriously suggesting that 19k ST holders in a 30k allocation should not be guaranteed a ticket? That seems wild logic to me but I totally agree it should not be 2 per ST holder and seems fairest the allocation of the rest should be done on points.

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

As I said I’m no expert- for the po final I couldn’t even get into my own account had to queue at the ticket office they first said you have to go home and log on and I said it doesn’t work!!! Thankfully she looked at the account found an issue and fixed it so I could go home and purchase. I’m only just getting used to cashless! Ponds shillings and pence for me🥸
You trudged back home after you’d alerted them to a problem? At what point did customer service kick in?

McLovin87

Would guess it will be pretty wide ranges. Once you've done season tickets how many people will be left with, for example over 200 points. You could probably do them all rather than needing to break it down into 100 point bands
There won't be hardly any in the 200 points band left as they are more than likely people who have bought a first time Season Ticket & don't attend away games, they would have already bought their Wembley ticket along with the other 19K.

When it goes to general sale with no points involved, my guess is it will be 2 or more per person, if they do one per person then everyone will be sitting on their Jack Jones!

Mucca Mad Boys

I just also think the majority of our hardcore away support should take up the majority of the bottom tier behind the goal. By doing a tiered system even for STH they can all guarantee to get that space then get the atmosphere going.
Seems unnecessary to me - every STH will get the chance to buy on the lower tier if that’s their preference. There’s 34,000 available tickets, much higher than our core away support.

Tiering the away support for STH will split STH up. For example, I’m on 1,100 and my brother is on 970 points. When there’s enough tickets for all, it doesn’t make sense.

You’d only need to ballot/tier Wembley tickets if we ever got to a point where we have more STHs than our allocation. Which is not very likely for a very long time.

SkyBlueMatt

There won't be hardly any in the 200 points band left as they are more than likely people who have bought a first time Season Ticket & don't attend away games, they would have already bought their Wembley ticket along with the other 19K.

When it goes to general sale with no points involved, my guess is it will be 2 or more per person, if they do one per person then everyone will be sitting on their Jack Jones!
That's why they are telling people to link accounts, so people don't sit on their own.

There will be plenty of people within the 0-200 non ST point range.

I have no doubt that they'll all go before general at 1 per ST.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread