Well done sky blue trust (1 Viewer)

elephanttears

I don't think anyone can deny today's protest was well organised and thought out. In reality if it wasn't for the sky blue trust this would not have happened.

Im a not a member and have always been sceptical and may have slagged them off in the past i cannot remember but i only have respect for them now.

For the trust to have a real effect on the future of CCFC i think everyone needs to pull together and the trust can help us do that, whether you agree with the trust or not i think its time to put that aside and get behind them for the good of CCFC. The fans working as one unit is the only way we can be effective. I think today has really galvanized the support i always felt thousands would turn up today because i know just how good the city fans can be ive seen it over the years and it doesn't just go away its in everyones heart.

We need to be relentless with pressure on sisu in whatever form it may be.

Nick

Administrator
Well done, I.agree I have been a cynic but they have pulled it out of the bag big time :D:thumbup:

cloughie

Well done the trust guys

you have had to put up with some crap, I was chuffed for you guys after all the unseen and unappreciated hard work you do behind the scenes

No doubt the 'odd ones' will find fault still

PUSB

BurbageSkyBlues

Yes, well done to the organisers. It looked very good, excellent turnout, showed the depth of feeling. Just sorry I could not have been there to add to the numbers - currently stuck at home recovering from a heart operation.

The next question is what do we do now, today will be, hopefully, the catalyst for bigger and better ways of getting the point across.....what do we do for the first game of the season, do w hold a similar gathering at the Ricoh, to coincide with the match? Or do we go to six fields and mill around outside, or in Northampton town centre?

Houdi

Got to agree with all of the above. Fantastic effort by the Sky Blue Trust in organising today's showpiece event, with a huge turnout from Sky Blues fans. It created a huge unity of purpose, and hopefully it will create a upswell in support in the fight to keep our club where it properly belongs. Was proud and happy to become a new member today.

Tonylinc

Just want to add my congratulations to the Trust. You did a wonderful job today in organising the protest. It was simply magnificent!

whiteheadj

I agree big respect too them I travelled to attend today but the turnout was amazing actually made me realise almost every true supporter feels the same and without the trust it wouldn't have happened big respect! Keep it up and keep events on for fans especially whilst the games in Northampton are on like a BBQ and fa cup final replay at the Ricoh for the first game with a donation to the trust or other local charity's for entrance! I think that would be good. Pubs, not one penny more!

CJ_covblaze

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Without you guys though it wouldn't of been a success. Great to have everyone with one voice today. Next event's coming very soon!

Btw good to meet you Houdi!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Without you guys though it wouldn't of been a success. Great to have everyone with one voice today. Next event's coming very soon!

Btw good to meet you Houdi!

PSGM1 will be crying in his cereal tonight. Well done indeed great turnout.

CJ_covblaze

I'm sure he'll be punching his bouncy walls.

letsallsingtogether

Yes thanks to everyone who turned up I believe that had there only been about 500 then we would have had to call it a day and took whatever came our way.

However while I was walking down Skyblue way and saw the queue into town in front and could not see the back I knew that we are now ready to fight and that we are all feeling the same.

PUSB keep the faith we will win in the end.

Tonylinc

I loved the quote, " A club divided, but a City united", can't remember who or where it came up but would like to think that it could become a banner headline.

georgehudson

nothing more than a superb outpouring of true emotion from city fans,
with a tear in my eye through being a proud city fan,
i applaud the effort put in to organise the event,
a big well done to every city fan who was there,
i was near the front of the march & to look back from the museum to to following thousands brought back so many proud feelings,
WE ARE COVENTRY,
oh, & well done to all of the persons who addressed the crowd,
nice timing too, to see Lady Godiva do a quick turn in Broadgate & see Peeping Tom (or was that Tim) @ 1.00,
loved the 'this charmless man' banner too,
think we might be in for some fun soon,
PUSB

BrisbaneBronco

Congrats to SBT on a job well done.
Also thanks to all the supporters who turned out.
We all have differing opinions on whose to blame etc etc, but all agree that CCFC should be playing at the Ricoh.

dadgad

Brilliant effort from everyone involved.
The Lady Godivas, horses, Speakers, organisers and particularly the Coventry fans.
Magnificent.

Steve.B50

Many thanks for everyone's comments, it was a team effort and I can confirm it was an emotional day for the Trust as well, as we watched everyone walk down Sky Blue Way and the police saying to us " this is one massive statement".
I would like to publically thank the rest of the Board, the stewards who did a great job, the speakers but above all you/us the loyal and genuine supporters of our great club.
The battle will continue.

Lightyear

Fantastic, well done SBT and all those that attended.

Certainly bought back memories of attending games at HR.

For what it's worth I have emailed the FL again stating they should not under estimate our feelings and discontent with their incompetent decision making. Links to pictures also enclosed.

Skyblueloyal

I have to take my hat off to them that the best I have felt wearing a sky blues shirt in ages I hope what we did yestergay don't go in vain. I saw the BBC cameras there but were sky or central to there

ashbyjan

BBC and Central were both there, Sky were informed of event and had said they would attend but we will try and find out why they decided not to. Weekends are always hard for TV companies as they have less available staff at weekends.

Once again thanks to all the SBA turned out, thanks to stewards, police, speakers, St Johns Ambulance and thanks to colleagues on Trust Board. It was a great day and made me proud to be a City fan - we don't agree on everything (someone even told me he was sad to see Bell leave!!) but we are united in our love for our team and our desire to Keep Cov In Cov

Flying Fokker

I don't think anyone can deny today's protest was well organised and thought out. In reality if it wasn't for the sky blue trust this would not have happened.

Im a not a member and have always been sceptical and may have slagged them off in the past i cannot remember but i only have respect for them now.

For the trust to have a real effect on the future of CCFC i think everyone needs to pull together and the trust can help us do that, whether you agree with the trust or not i think its time to put that aside and get behind them for the good of CCFC. The fans working as one unit is the only way we can be effective. I think today has really galvanized the support i always felt thousands would turn up today because i know just how good the city fans can be ive seen it over the years and it doesn't just go away its in everyones heart.

We need to be relentless with pressure on sisu in whatever form it may be.[/QUOTE

You have moved ground a bit for sure. Your interest in dogging and defence of SISU. I suppose one of them had to give : )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread