Wearing Your Clubs Colours (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Great atmosphere inside the Ricoh yesterday it reminded me of the Gillingham return home game but with obviously less fans.But what has always puzzled me is when I look around and see City supporters not wearing the Sky Blue,why is that ?
It should be compulsory to wear a shirt or top in our colours if I had my way. Come on now wear the Sky Blue or your not coming in !

skybluearmy88

Unfortunately we're not in a position to be turning fans away. Fans could turn up wearing bin bags and it wouldn't matter we just need to get as many in the Ricoh as possible. Play like we did yesterday consistently and we will start to put bums on seats.

bringbackrattles

Unfortunately we're not in a position to be turning fans away. Fans could turn up wearing bin bags and it wouldn't matter we just need to get as many in the Ricoh as possible. Play like we did yesterday consistently and we will start to put bums on seats.
Fair comment but surely wearing Sky Blue to a match can't be too hard can it ? How about a Sky Blue bin bag !

Macca

I'll put my scarf on in the winter. The 44 pound price tag for a shirt might be something to do with it. That and the fact that wearing a replica top makes adults look like they have special needs

bringbackrattles

I'll put my scarf on in the winter. The 44 pound price tag for a shirt might be something to do with it. That and the fact that wearing a replica top makes adults look like they have special needs
£44,00 is a bit steep but you can still wear an old shirt or a cap or hat as long as it's Sky Blue. As for special needs I'd dare not say !

stupot07

And surely plenty of people have a shirt they bought for a tenner towards the end of the season? I saw some shirts from 5-6 years ago. Doesn't have to be the latest one.

It is more difficult in the winter when we're all wrapped up warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Samo

Great atmosphere inside the Ricoh yesterday it reminded me of the Gillingham return home game but with obviously less fans.But what has always puzzled me is when I look around and see City supporters not wearing the Sky Blue,why is that ?
It should be compulsory to wear a shirt or top in our colours if I had my way. Come on now wear the Sky Blue or your not coming in !

Vertical stripes darling? Oh no no no, sooooooooo unflattering!

Bob Latchford

This was my colours ready a week before yesterday's game . 11846731_10206549965982109_2391389984309246754_n.jpg

Samo

Wearing colours ! Saw loads wearing red shirts yesterday at a home game, why ?

Because most people can't afford both so choose the one they prefer.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

What I did notice yesterday from sitting by people with the new home short was hope cheap & poor quality it looks. Also if you're going to wear a shirt like that on a hot sweaty day wear a bit of deodorant, nobody enjoys a waft of BO!

CJ_covblaze

Can't remember the last time so many new home or away shirts were on display. I was in a 98/99 Boateng shushing the Holte End number.

Colin1883

When did wearing a replica shirt to a game become the norm? In the 70s it was scarves, 80s most of the wrong uns I attended with wore track suite tops and white trainers... So was it the 90s?

Ashdown

Looking across from block 37 the Tesco stand looked excellent and there were indeed plenty of new shirts.

ccfc92

Hate the new home shirt with that big blue square on the back. Looks all wrong to me.
Red away shirt is quality.

Agreed.

The front looks fantastic. I went and tried it on yesterday, to see it in the flesh so to speak, with the intent of buying it, but the square looks hideous. I think if you're very slim, you'll look okay in it, but anything bigger than a Medium/Large, the square looks stretched.

The away shirt, I really liked, will probably buy it when I'm back up in Cov for the Walsall game :)

skybluejelly

Just my opinion but middle aged men in football shirts look pretty sad..I always have a scarf normally but draw a line when it's 25 degrees .and come winter most people have big coats on anyway

italiahorse

Just my opinion but middle aged men in football shirts look pretty sad..I always have a scarf normally but draw a line when it's 25 degrees .and come winter most people have big coats on anyway

Wearing them at a football match is acceptable when 'aged'
Wearing them around town is questionable.
However I'm 60 and would certainly wear the away shirt out casually.

torchomatic

Personally, I thought the atmosphere was just as good yesterday which was testament to the fans who were there; only half that of the Gillingham game. It helped that the football was brilliant yesterday too, which it wasn't against Gillingham.

mrtrench

I wear a scarf when I go but the shirt thing doesn't do it for me. Even as a tubby middle-aged git who has spent his life working for the man I prefer to wear something that I believe expresses my counter-culture attitude just a little.

sylus

so now we are slating those adults who turned up in the new home shirts,or did i read it wrong,i was one of those adults wearing one! i guess that makes me sad?

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

I had my lucky sky blue pants on, not sure if I'd be prepared to drop my trousers to prove it and gain entry though.

RegTheDonk

Wearing a top, or scarf, or hat, great - if you can afford to buy one it helps bolster the finances. If not, no worries, just as long as we are are vocal and get behind the team like yesterday. Mind you we did have something the be happy about, which was a nice change.

torchomatic

Cap in summer. Scarf in winter.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

I stopped wearing colours at the football when I was 11. Have no issue with those who wish to so though, it's just not everyone's thing.

Sick Boy

Is it possible to buy a more traditional scarf? The last time I looked they only had PUSB or some twitter hash tag bollocks

mrtrench

Is it possible to buy a more traditional scarf? The last time I looked they only had PUSB or some twitter hash tag bollocks

I've a knitted blue and white striped Man City scarf I bought on that day in Swindon in1987. I couldn't face the tv with my mates without something. It's now my favourite tribal guesture.

Nick

Administrator
I don't wear them as they are a breeding ground for bo! There were so many about though and fair play!

covcity4life

New age chavs who thibk can't ir shouldn't wear colours any more because of Facebook memes or due to watching the football factory.

Cunts. Wear this year's or last year's ir year before or 1979s does not matter.

Users who are viewing this thread